Luna (Sara) Terrier x DofB 16.10.16 - July 2020

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Luna (Sara) Terrier x DofB 16.10.16 - July 2020

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF3778.jpgsara.jpg
IMG_7892.jpg
It is with a very heavy heart that I have to inform you that Luna lost her battle with cancer yesterday at around 18:45.
Although we only had her for just under a year, we loved her as if it were 100! We feel very lost and broken without her, but she leaves amazing memories behind her, she was the most loving dog I have ever owned and am a much better person for knowing her and to have been in her presence. She will be forever missed and never forgotten.
The attached picture was taken on her last walk on the 24th June and she loved every minute of it!
Thanks to all the people who have followed her story, your messages meant the world to her and to us xx

Sara's Story: Sara had lived with bigger dogs happily before. A new baby prompted the rehoming. Sara went through a few homes before arriving in foster with a different Rescue but didn't gell with the resident female dog and was kept separate. Sara knows sit, paw and stay and will only get on sofa on invite. Reticent with visitors and never off extender lead: Needs terrier proof garden. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Sara is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Sara was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF3813.jpgsara.jpg
DSCF3792.jpgsara.jpg
DSCF3775.jpgsara.jpg
Sara's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Owner has requested we take Sara in as she isnt coping with resident terrier and baby

Sara comes 27th April
Sara1.jpg
Sara.jpg
Sara2.jpg
Sara3.jpg
Sara5.jpg
anne

Re: Sara Terrier x DofB 16.10.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Sara was a little sweetheart with Debbie (who took her for a walk) yesterday and was beautifully behaved during her photoshoot, sitting waiting for her treats and enjoying cuddles.
DSCF3772.jpgsara.jpg
DSCF3798.jpgsara.jpg
clairek

Post by clairek »

20190430_111254(1)_opt.jpg
clairek

Post by clairek »

20190430_110339_opt.jpg
clairek

Post by clairek »

I had the privilege of taking Sara for a walk today
What a super lady she is .Bubbly little girl. She met my 2 boys with gusto and enthusiasm but once out in the quiet wooded area she relaxed so much and we appreciated what a little star in the making she is. Clearly wants to give someone a huge amount of love and fun. I would dearly have liked to take her home but Micky is doing so well and a few months from sharing his home (which he will ) she deserves a chance and I am sure will be adored in her forever home she is flippen GEORGOUS!!!!! ♥️♥️♥️
Judy

Post by Judy »

I met Sara for the first time this afternoon, what a lovely friendly girl. She is very alert, when she spotted anything moving around in the woods to get a better look she stood up on her hind legs like a meerkat! At one point she enjoyed a good roll around on her back in the grass. Sara is a lovely gentle soul, I do hope she will not remain in kennels for too long. love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

I had a lovely welcome from Sara this afternoon, she was very keen to get going on her walk. She was very alert whilst walking through the woods spotting squirrels running up the trees also enjoying a good roll around on her back in the grass. Sara really is such a lovely gentle girl who I hope will find a home of her own very soon. bighug.gif
xxlynne

Re: Sara Terrier x DofB 16.10.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Sara had a lovely walk with Toby and Mickey last month. She was a little noisey initially but was soon walking close and happy. Thank you Claire and Allan!
Sara8.jpg
Sara9.jpg
Sara10.jpg
Jazz33

Post by Jazz33 »

I walked Sara yesterday, what a little cracker this girl is! She's a lively dog, typical terrier behaviour, very alert and loves sniffing. She listens to you when you speak to her. A little treat orientated but respected when told 'not now'. We encountered a man cycling past us quite quickly on the towpath and Sara (as I anticipated) growled and lunged towards the bike. Sara is a lovely girlie who was a joy to walk. Wasted in kennels Heart fill with love.gif]
Jazz33

Post by Jazz33 »

I was fortunate enough to be allocated Sara today which made me happy. I love this little dog! Such a sweet nature and very easy to walk. It was a hot day so we made use of shaded area's within the kennel grounds then spent a little time in the run which allows the dog some off lead time and access to a lovely paddling pool where they can have a splash about. Sara wasn't interested in jumping in the pool. We spent time having cuddles and chill time. I didn't want to return her to the kennel, she is a pleasure to be with.

sara (2).jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”