Rocky Patterdale DofB 18.03.18 Ingleton Lancs

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Rocky Patterdale DofB 18.03.18 Ingleton Lancs

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF2845.jpgrocky.jpg
Rocky's Story: Rocky has begun to bounce out of homes for being a Patterdale. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Rocky is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Rocky was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF2857.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF2849.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF2843.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF2852.jpgrocky.jpg
Rocky's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: " One of the pounds we work with have a rescue section, this is their description of the boy. They have not had any success so seeking alternative rescue placement please. 'Rocky' yound Castrated Male Patterdale Terrier. Rocky came into us for rehoming as he was too much for his owners. Rocky needs a lot of exercise and an owner with patience but also who has lots of time as he does need training. Rocky will need to be an only pet. He isn't keen on being over handled so we are advised not to be rehomed with anyone under 14. He has been adopted out but returned as he was a nuisance with other animals when out on walks, despite this information being given to the adopter. So now seeking space" Cathy
Rocky.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Rocky Patterdale DofB 01.03.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

This beautiful broken coated, docked tailed Pattie boy has arrived. Rocky enjoyed a walk in the woods and his stance his movement and level alertness is everything Pattie. pick up a few sticks but soon dropped them as his mind connected to the walk again. Became hypoper alert going into the kennel block to enjoy his food and his bed.
heleny

Post by heleny »

I walked this little man yesterday - what an active little boy he is; he just couldn't wait to get out of his pen and just loved every minute of his walk. He is very alert and loves to sniff and be really active. He would make someone a great little companion - there would never be a dull moment. He is just a baby really and should be in his own home with the right person who will give him time, space and attention. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF2838.jpgrocky.jpg
DSCF2837.jpgrocky.jpg
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Rocky was my first walk of the day, and he didn't disappoint. He is such a lovely young dog, he was so excited to be going out. We had a lovely walk in the woods, he sits very nicely for treats and an ear rub, his fur is so soft. He would suite an active family that had the time and patience to train him. He would make a wonderful companion, please consider Rocky for his forever home Heart fill with love.gif]
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I am becoming very fond of Rocky, he is such a dear little lad. He walks at a good pace, stops for a munch on the grass then off again to explore new smells. Rocky is very easy to distract when a dog passes, he will sit at your feet and wait for a treat. He was so good when we met Leeanne with Snowney, he waited patiently while we had a chat. Let's hope the right family comes for Rocky soon, did I mention he is so handsome angel13.gif]
MrsM

Re: Rocky Patterdale DofB 01.03.18 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsM »

I had heard Rocky liked water so we set off to give him a dip in the lake. He thoroughly enjoyed his walk and was interested in absolutely everything. The lake was definitely the highlight - he went straight in and I was relieved he was quite light as I only just managed to hang onto him!
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Rocky loves his walks and he has been very good out and about. He's always busy but loves to stop for a treat and a cuddle. He's got a gorgeous face and lovely big furry paws. He's got so much to give as a young dog who will settle well with more walks and training. Hopefully his forever family will come along soon!
MrsM

Post by MrsM »

At just over a year old Rocky is still a young dog with lots of energy to burn. We had a brisk one hour walk but I did not feel I had tired him out at all! He will make a super dog given plenty of exercise and training.
MrsM

Post by MrsM »

I was very pleased with Rocky when I walked him this week. He was very obedient and really seemed to want to please. Although he is not the cuddly type I have not had any issues when handling him either. If you want a young dog to train - Rocky would be perfect.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”