Jolly Shar pei x Staffie DofB 21.04.16 Carshalton Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Jolly Shar pei x Staffie DofB 21.04.16 Carshalton Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF2272.jpgjolly.jpg
Jolly's Story: Jolly was handed into a Sheffield council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Jolly is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Jolly was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF2280.jpgjolly.jpg
DSCF2276.jpgjolly.jpg
DSCF2261.jpgjolly.jpg
Jolly's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Jolly: 2 / 3 years old Friendly but stressy. Dog friendly and castrated
Gets anxious when left alone Carolyn
anne

Re: Jolly Shar pei x Staffie DofB 21.04.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I have enjoyed the company of Jolly twice this week. He gave me lovely greetings when I entered his kennel and he is always keen to be going out. Jolly walks nicely on the lead. He is a little nervous but with reassurance he is fine and enjoys a good sniff about as he trots along. Jolly is very sweet natured and although he is not too fussed about cuddles he does love a treat or two and takes them gently. Jolly would make a lovely quiet, calm companion and it would be rewarding to see his personality show itself more as his nerves decrease and he feels safe and loved in a new home.
DSCF2283.jpgjolly.jpg
HelenaDevlin

Post by HelenaDevlin »

I had the pleasure of walking this lovely boy yesterday. He gave me a friendly hello when I went into his kennel. He is so easy to put on his leads. He is great on the leads and very easy to walk. We saw a couple of dogs and although showed interest in them he was not vocal at all. He is a lovely chap and I hope he gets his forever home soon love4.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I managed to squeeze in a walk with Jolly today and i'm so pleased that I did. As others have said he welcomes you into his kennel really nicely, leads on and Jolly was keen to get going.
Jolly walks like a dream, he was a little bit stressed at the start of our walk but I'm happy to say the further we walked the more relaxed he became.
Halfway through our walk I sat down for a bit of a rest on the steps to the bridge and Jolly put his front paws on my lap and came in for a nice gentle fuss, he then found the treats in my pocket and cleaned me out, thankfully it was my last walk.
As I got to know Jolly during our walk I felt this lovely boys sweet, gentle soul shine through and I would love to see him continue his journey in his very own forever home.
Oh and I forgot to mention Jolly is an absolute stunner, he has the most beatiful red brindle coat, a beautiful teddy bear face with the kindest eyes Heart fill with love.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

I have enjoyed 2 lovely walks with Jolly this week. He is keen to get out and do a long wee so I think toilet training will not be an issue. Ablutions completed, Jolly is keen to get on with his walk, happy to walk anywhere, so long as he can enjoy your company. He does show nerves now and again but is easily reassured with gentle kind words and encouragement, or better still, cuddles. love4.gif
DSCF2808.jpgjolly.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Enjoyed a lovely, gentle walk with Jolly today. He gives the loveliest of greetings and is so sweet showing his excitement to be going on a walk.
Jolly walks at a lovely pace, enjoying stopping every now and again for a good old sniff.
One of the many wonderful things about Jolly is his courage. He does act sometimes like some of the things he is experiencing are for the first time and if he comes across something that he's not too sure about, he will stop for a second, you can see him thinking about it, weighing it up and then he forges on keen to continue exploring, it's quite something to see, such a brave boy.
Jolly is a pleasure to spend time with, he definitely enjoys being told he's a good boy, relishes kind encouragement and loves a treat Heart fill with love.gif]
Jokav

Post by Jokav »

Walked this lovely boy today - he was so good and polite 💙
Shay_1

Re: Jolly Shar pei x Staffie DofB 21.04.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by Shay_1 »

:welcome.gif: JOLLY!!
How it was a pleasure to meet you...
Took him for a roam around the garden... doing zooomiessssss... too many, for me to count! he is a lovely boy and has this wild energy that makes my heart melt.. even if you don't stop running when your bounding towards me, coming for a cuddle. Sat for ages brushing his lovely coat and giving great cuddles. He is a darling, very happy to meet new people, gets so excited he brings you a toy, when I harness him up! excited to begin with when walking, but soon is relaxed and walks perfectly!
thumbs.gif JOLLY, what a joy you are to be around! Has a lovely temperament, happy, smiley, energy that I don't know where it comes from!
:smiley-chores002.gif:

Image-20_opt.jpg

Image-18_opt.jpg
Martine wsstle

Post by Martine wsstle »

Met jolly today and what a welcome i got sat with him for a few mins so we could get to knows each other so easy to harness keen for his walk once out about he settles in and keen to take on whats going on passed a few kennel mates with ease. Sat by the river for a while watching the world go by and jolly came in for a cuddle. Hes a loveley dog keen to please and for whoever the lucky human is who get to home him will have found is a true loyal companion . Back to kennels and spent some time just sitting him i think he needs to find himself again as ending up as a stray m usthave been dawnting
Sed you soon jolly love4.gif
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

Jolly.jpg
Lovely Jolly, He's a quiet dog in kennels but loves the paddock and his walks. He walks well on a lead, doesn't pull and doesn't react to other dogs when out. An all-round good boy.
Jollyfield.jpg
He's not worked out how to run after balls yet, but loves jumping up and catching treats in his mouth. Mostly he just wants a cuddle.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”