Keiran Staffie x Mastiff DofB 01.02.17 Tadworth Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Keiran Staffie x Mastiff DofB 01.02.17 Tadworth Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF1979.jpgkieran.jpg
Keiran's Story: Keiran grew up with a Pomeranian, but due to his size, his family separated them after an incident between the two dogs. Keiran then had a sheltered upbringing which means he carried nerves. Sadly, his family had to give him up as they were applying to foster children again. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place, saving his life. Keiran is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Keiran was in boarding kennels near Gatwick with regular foster placement and whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF1982.jpgkieran.jpg
DSCF1986.jpgkieran.jpg
DSCF1976.jpgkieran.jpg
Keiran's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
We received a call from the family and from a vet nurse telling us that Keiran had been booked in to be put to sleep, as no Rescue would take him. The vet refused to do it and Rescue Remedies were asked to save him.
Keiran came into our Rescue on the 24th February 2019.
Keiran5.jpg
Keiran2.jpg
Keiran1.jpg
Laurafoster

Re: Keiran Staffie x Mastiff DofB 01.02.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Laurafoster »

Had the pleasure of taking the adorable Keiran out today, although shy and nervous coming out the kennel, once we were out walking he LOVED it. In the paddock we had lots of kisses and cuddles. He was just an absolute delight. We passed 2 of lead dogs which he didn't batter an eyelid at. He didn't pull and when told to wait he did exactly that. I do hope he finds his forever home soon he is going to be an amazing member to someone family.
IMG_20190226_091501-600x800.jpg
IMG_20190226_094459-600x800.jpg
IMG_20190226_094458_1-600x800.jpg
IMG_20190226_091904-600x800.jpg
IMG_20190226_094500-600x800.jpg
Hilbs

Post by Hilbs »

I met this beautiful boy today. He was sitting shaking on his bed and so I entered his kennel slowly with some treats and after a little sniff of my hand he was all over me with licks and cuddles and shaking gone. This is one big beautiful blue softie. Poor thing doesn't know what has happened that he has ended up in rescue, so I do hope he is homed quickly...
IMG_6006.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Kieran indeed loves people and loves a cuddle or two or three. He came striding out with Ben yesterday and when they stopped for Kieran to have his photoshoot, Kieran decided that cuddles with Ben where in order, with a free face wash thrown in. 0002.gif]
DSCF1987.jpgkieran.jpg
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I saw Keiran briefly on Friday too. He's a handsome chap and has wonderful colouring. I'm going to have to try to walk him next week!
Hilbs

Post by Hilbs »

Safe to say I am a huge fan of this beautiful boy. I had another wonderful walk with him this week and was so pleased to see the confidence he has developed in the last two weeks. He got off his bed with tail wagging to come and greet me when I went into his kennel - and of course the usual array of kisses and cuddles. He really is the most soppy, gentle soul.

He walks so nicely and although he was far more confident on his walk today than previously, he still doesn’t pull. He was very relaxed walking along the pavement despite a huge truck passing with its wet road spray and a cyclist in high yellow viz as well as a number of dogs. We met a few people who all commented - ‘wow he is very handsome’.

Please get those homing forms in as this boy is a gem. love4.gif
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we met keiran for the first time today and what a star dog he is - very easy to get out and v friendly walks at a nice pace without pulling and all the sloshy mud didnt phase him at all - overall a great dog with a really good temperament
IMG_0593.JPG
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I have wanted to walk Kieran for a while now, he is very popular! We had already made friends as I try to visit all the dogs with treats and Kieran loves a frankfurter! I received the loveliest of welcomes, lovely jump up for cuddles and we quickly got going.
I cannot tell you how gentle this boy is, Kieran is an absolute dream to walk, bearing in mind he was the largest dog I have walked he is without doubt the gentlest, he checks back with you regularly making sure all is well. Kieran has a really lovely feel about him, he is all about kindness and peace, this boy will make you feel amazing, imagine having that in your life every day! Added to that Kieran is absolutely stunning, he has the most amazing brindle coat, it's really hard to see in photos but he is so beautiful. I wish for only the most amazing, perfect forever home for this boy angel13.gif]
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Stunning looking boy ! surely he won't be in kennels long ! Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I was so lucky to have another lovely walk with Kieran today. Fabulous greeting in his kennel, not over the top just really friendly, leads on and off we go.
Kieran is quite excited to get out of his kennel but it's literally seconds,then he relaxes and relishes every moment of his walk and is an absolute joy to spend time with, Kieran walks like an absolute dream.
Kieran has an incredibly calm and gentle nature, today we saw cows, joggers, cats and dogs barking, no negative reaction whatsoever, such a good boy love4.gif
I so enjoyed my walk with Kieran, he takes treats oh so gently, checks back with you every now and again with a look that will make your heart melt and is one of the calmest dogs I have met.
Someone is going to be very lucky to have this boy in their life Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”