Emily Staffiex DofB 14.02.17 Cheshunt Herts

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Emily Staffiex DofB 14.02.17 Cheshunt Herts

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF0530.jpgemily.jpg
Emily's Story: Emily was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a West London council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Emily is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Emily was in boarding kennels near Gatwick and then in foster on South Coast whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0509.jpgemily.jpg
DSCF0512.jpgemily.jpg
DSCF0532.jpgemily.jpg
DSCF0542.jpgemily.jpg
emily1Em%20snout.jpga.jpg
Emily's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
23.12.18: Urgent plea to take some dogs in as pound is full We agreed to take 3 dogs in
"Emily is a small Staffie x lady; microchipped. Emily is not a easy lady she was found as a stray and handed to a rescue for a dog warden to pick up. She seemed to be very scared. It didn’t take her long to accept female staff and she loves her treats. She seems to be more scared of men than woman, she does still give the odd growl and warning if you try and do something to her she doesn’t want you to. She didn’t seem to like the dogs at 1st but now she doesn’t seem to be worried by them. She will need a rescue that is understanding to her issues and that can work with her. Xx C
Emily2.jpg
Emily.jpg
Tamsin

Re: Emily Staffiex DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Post by Tamsin »

So, Jo took this little lady to the paddock to get her out of kennels today as she was still pretty scared and shouty in the kennels
What a transformation! I went in to get her used to more people and she greeted me VERY enthusiastically. She loves playing with a ball and when I sat down she quickly showed me that she knew what a lap was for!
She was on my knee, wriggling and squirming for all she was worth whilst giving me a pretty comprehensive face wash!
Hopefully she’ll start to find kennels less scary whilst she waits for her forever home.
MrsP

Re: Emily Staffiex DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Emily's first few days were very scary for her and she wasn't at all sure about people. By the time I met her on Sunday she was far more trusting. We had a lovely walk together and I'd say that Emily is on the more terrier side of her crossbreed. She loves a good roll and shows lots of potential with other dogs (though ironically not as keen on terriers). She is affectionate, sweet and full of intelligence once she trusts, and she trusted me immediately, maybe she knew I'd love her immediately (I have a thing for Staffie x JRTs, which I think she is) love4.gif
oh that face
oh that face
teeny, tiny thing
teeny, tiny thing
long terrier nose
long terrier nose
where's your ear Emily?
where's your ear Emily?
anne

Re: Emily Staffiex DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Emily is quite nervous in her kennel at the moment and wary meeting new people. However once out on our walk, Emily showed what a cuddly, soft nature she has. She is a busy little lady, more terrier in her character as she walks, but if you stop and give her attention, she is all soppy, cuddly staffie. She loves to roll, and loves a belly rub. An absolute sweetie!
DSCF0504.jpgemily.jpg
DSCF0523.jpgemily.jpg
DSCF0527.jpgemily.jpg
DSCF0538.jpgemily.jpg
johnfowle

Re: Emily Staffiex DofB TBAss New Romney post spay recovery

Post by johnfowle »

Emily has been here, post spay, for just over a week now. To say that our gain is definitely somebody else's loss is an understatement.

True, she didn't like me initially, but a couple of treats and we were friends for life!! She really is a sweet dog with a wagging tail....always looking for a lap to sit on or rolling onto her back for a tummy tickle. She can be a little nervous of other dogs when out walking and, as indicated in Lynne's original introduction, she seems to prefer to meet women but, as she is so small and light, her apparent dislike of men is easily controlled. And, as already mentioned, a few treats and her concerns are quickly allayed.

She loves her food, has obviously had some training as she knows "sit" and "paw" and is clean in her room. She remains in her bed or on one of the single beds in her room until invited to eat her meal or go out for her walk....a very good girl!

She really would make somebody a fine and affectionate companion.
xxlynne

Re: Emily Staffiex DofB 14.02.17 Cheshunt Herts

Post by xxlynne »

Emily was spotted by Gary & Susan and they were keen to meet and introduce her to their lovely boy Stanley. With in minutes of alighting from John's care they were walk up the road and apparently Emily did a few pops which Stanley cignored. We had fun going into the paddock and to see Emily take to Stanley and he her...

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Nice to meet you Gary and Susan and the Lovely Stan of course. Thank you for offering Emily a home, I hope they settle together xx
0028.gif 0028.gif 0028.gif 0028.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Thank you Susan, Gary and Stanley for offering the lovely Emily such a wonderful home....full of staffie understanding and knowledge.

Be happy, All of you!
Last edited by johnfowle on Mon 04 Feb 2019 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Susan and Gary (2 legged !) with Emily and new bro Stan (4 leggeds !!!)
Always a challenge getting 2 dogs looking at you and their humans !!!
Always a challenge getting 2 dogs looking at you and their humans !!!
C2503322-A044-48B9-B281-7239A034CC84.jpeg
Be happy x
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Wonderful news woo.gif] Be happy Emily love4.gif xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”