Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 - September 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Judy

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

I had my Rolo fix again today, we had a lovely jog up the driveway and did a round circuit up the road and back through the woods. This gorgeous boy is such a delight and good fun to be with. It is really his time to have a home he can call his own. I do hope 2019 will be Rolo's lucky year, he so deserves it. love together.gif]
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

9E48E341-0474-421C-930A-BF8AB34262A5.jpeg
263F1CC3-5BCD-4178-ACA4-DE32C82F07C3.jpeg
Rolo was in heaven yesterday. Got to the paddock and before I’d even had time to unclip his lead he was off. There were lots of brand new tennis balls in there!! His little ears were up, tail wagging - he really was the happiest boy. We played fetch for ages then went on our walk. Now Rolo always has his peaceful protests with me - he’s a smart dog, he has learned if he does this, I’ll run with him. Rolo loves to run 0028.gif. I’ve told him we are going on a different walk next Sunday....but we both know we’ll end up going where ever Rolo wants to go. Adore this boy. Xx.
Judy

Post by Judy »

I agree with the previous comment Rolo is a very smart boy and definitely knows what he wants, having said that he can easily be persuaded to go on different routes by playing with him with whichever ball he chooses to take with him. He really does love his ball games so much and is good at dropping it, stepping back a few paces and looking at me and then the ball as if to say come on let's play which naturally is what we do. This lovely boy doesn't have any great expectations, he is simply happy receiving a bit of attention and having a bit of a play. angel13.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

I so agree Judy - Rolo is so easy to please. He just loves company, being taken to the paddock for play time and ending things with a walk through the woods. When I walk Rolo I feel as if I am spending time with an old friend and I just love looking at him - he is so endearing with his curly brown fur and his little roundish shape. He can always make me smile! Rolo does need to meet people and to get to know them before he lets you into the privileged circle of his friends - but it is worth the meet and persevering with him because he is just gorgeous. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Judy

Post by Judy »

Yes I do feel honoured to be part of Rolo's inner circle. We enjoyed spending time in the paddock this afternoon playing his beloved ball game. Rolo never tires of chasing a ball and it is an absolute delight to share time with this lovely little fella. Rolo is very well behaved when out walking he ignores the squirrels and birds, he just loves being out and about and receiving a bit of attention. I am just so surprised that he has remained in kennels for such a long time. Kiss of love.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

Rolo and I had another great time together this afternoon. We started off by having a walk through the woods but Rolo soon made it known to me that what he really wanted was to have a good run around chasing his ball. Of course I obliged so we headed off to the paddock to have a play. I don't think Rolo will ever tire of chasing his ball, when I think he may have had enough he still keeps going. I did feel a bit mean when I had to tell him it was time to go back to his kennel but he is always such a good boy and doesn't make any objection. angel13.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

Another good play in the paddock with Rolo today. He really loves having a bit of a tug of war game, unfortunately all we had was a ball with a bit of material hanging off it so not too much to grip to but he kept offering it to me until it completely tore off. He has a great sense of smell, there were a few balls hidden underneath some equipment which he tried desperately to retrieve, he managed to do so with one ball but was frustrated not to retrieve the other which I was unable to reach for him. Despite this he was very good when time was up and didn't make a fuss going back to his kennel. I hope this year will be Rolo's lucky year in finding his forever home, he has been patiently waiting. love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

Despite Rolo not having been walked this week he was very well behaved when I clipped his leads on this afternoon. He did his usual thing and chose a particular ball to take with him and then promptly we got on our way. Rolo is always so very good when it is time to go back to his kennel as he never raises any objection, he just accepts his lot. Such a lovely fun boy. 0028.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Rolo really is a little character - he took me on a different walk today, looking very pleased with himself along the way. The walk led to a dead end but a dead end with a bench.....which mr smarty pants jumped straight on, dropped his toy and expected a treat!!! He had several treats sitting on that bench - then he decided he’d try his luck again and took me to the poets hut. Same thing - jumped on the sofa, dropped his toy and expected a treat (for dropping his toy). He’s probably got a very full belly tonight but I just cannot resist his cheekiness. Xx
B24AD243-C856-4776-B04C-CBA897EC3EB4.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

I hadn't walked Rolo for quite a while and I had forgotten what an endearing little character he is. When I see him chasing his toy in the paddock he just makes me smile. It is impossible not to feel happy round Rolo! After paddock time we went for a longish walk through the woodland - it was such a great day and Rolo really loved being outside. Lovely little chap!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”