Tiger Staffie DofB 26.02.13 Brighton

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Tiger Staffie DofB 26.02.13 Brighton

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF0172.jpgtiger.jpg
Tiger's Story: Tiger came to us via a Sussex pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Tiger is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Tiger was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0173.jpgtiger.jpg
DSCF0182.jpgtiger.jpg
Tiger's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Please can you help Tiger to prepare for homing and find him his new family. - Safe and Sound Ax
Tiger.jpeg
anne

Re: Tiger Staffie DofB 26.02.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Tiger is adorable. It took me no time to fall in love with him. He is very nervous so I sat down in his kennel and he came over and gave me a good sniff all over, in his own time. He had a good sniff of the harness but was not sure about that so we headed out using a slip lead. Once out he relaxed and let me put the harness on and he waited patiently with Sue while I took some photos. We then headed off for a walk. I don't think Tiger has enjoyed regular walks as everything seemed new and a bit scary to him. Tiger does not like walking in the mud and is very careful where there is foliage straggling the edge of the path, looking for reassurance when he wasn't sure about something. As we walked this brave, sweet natured boy relaxed and gained confidence. We passed a dog and he clearly indicated he wanted to make friends but his nerves made him keep a distance. We followed this friendly dog for a bit and Tiger slowly crept closer.
Tiger has the feel of a young dog with not much experience of the world. However he has a lovely friendly, soft natured vibe and I look forward to spending more time in his company.
DSCF0175.jpgtiger.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Tiger was neutered today and 1st vaccinated. His eyes are a little sore so he has eye drops for a short term course to help him. Wonderful vibe wonderful boy
xxlynne

Re: Tiger Staffie DofB 26.02.13 Frome Somerset

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)

Tiger met Tyson today A boxer x meeting Tyson named after a boxer...and it was love!

Bruce, Maria and Jay were delighted to see how easily Tyson settled in with Tiger and it was truly wonderful to see the 2 brothers coming together. Thank you
Tigerhomed4.JPG
Tigerhomed3.JPG
Tigerhomed2.JPG
Tigerhomed1.JPG
xxlynne

Re: Tiger Staffie DofB 26.02.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Tiger came back into our care on the 12th January. He got on really well with the resident dog but there several times when with sudden noises eg someone at the door they would have a tiff, most of the time they were sharing beds. The family couldn't risk it happening if they were out of the house.
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Tiger has just come in so had a little worried look on his face today, However he met loads of walkers , Cuddles and Treats flowed and he clearly loved the fact he was the main attraction .
He didn't want to walk alone today so we headed out after Alfie & Belle ,Tiger decided he was joining the pair so we jogged up to the duo and he happily park himself right between them.
Alfie & Belle didn't mind at all this new boy interrupting their space and all three stayed together for a very pleasurable long walk.
He remained calm throughout his nerves settling with the comfort of his new walking companions .
Such a lovely boy and hopefully we shall find you your own home soon
pits

Post by pits »

Here's some new photos of Tiger the staffie from earlier in the week. He's a little shy at first but I have the feeling that he'll be the best companion ever. He has a cute chunky head compared to his body. He was likely unimpressed with the rainy weather at the time as we all were!
t1.jpg
t2.jpg
t3.jpg
t4.jpg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Tiger is a gentle, calm little man. He is such an easy boy I chose him to walk for a new volunteer. He was the perfect choice! We walked with buds (staffie). Tigers calm energy helped to settle buds and tiger made no reaction to buds 10 second rant at him. Clare walked him - every so often he bumped my legs with his nose, wanting a cuddle, which we both of course gave him. He didn’t pull at all - not once. I’m sure he would have happily been cuddled all day rather than go for a walk!! Lovely, easy boy. Xx.
With new walker Clare. Xx.
With new walker Clare. Xx.
VAL

Post by VAL »

Tiger is obviously progressing because I walked him for the first time today and he didn't show much nervousness. I was able to go straight into his kennel without him being alarmed and he was keen to go out. We walked alongside Steve with Genie (a big, lively dog) and Tiger wasn't phased. If he's unsure about something, his back legs shake, which is the only sign of his fear. He does like a cuddle and some reassurance but an absolutely delightful dog to walk, no pulling or violent reactions to anything. Unfortunately, when I left him back in his kennel there was a lot of drilling noise outside which set his leg tremors off again. I hope the noise didn't last too long. He is a sweetie.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Tiger helped with a new walker supported walk today :D
And he excelled woo.gif]

After walkies Heather and Clare enjoyed Tigers company in the paddock, it was lovely to see him scampering around after the tennis ball and being cheeky as he jumped on the picnic bench :D
EC8B3095-4448-424F-9702-3DCF5F44D3B9.jpeg
And then sharing his love around love4.gif
2D9FB14B-5440-4241-9FE2-46D6844F7F49.jpeg
9F80D4CF-8ECE-4BF1-AF8B-1F9488620777.jpeg
Definitely more Tiger fans !!!
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”