Paddy American Bulldog DofB 03.03.11 - May 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Paddy American Bulldog DofB 03.03.11 - May 2019

Post by xxlynne »

DSCF9444.jpgpaddy.jpg
A dear card arrived today from Della, Martyn and Kaylee and family giving us all the very sad news that Paddy had left them suddenly having been found to have tumours in his liver that ruptured. Our love goes to all the family and our deep gratitude in giving Paddy such a wonderful life
Paddy2.jpg

Paddy's Thread below:
Current Status: HOMED Paddy was our American Bulldog for AmBulldogRescue dog of the month for December 2018
Paddy's Story: Paddy was found with his partner, Kaylee at a horse fair in Ireland. The owner was trying to pass them on, so an Irish Rescue took them in. They had been waiting for their forever families a long time in Ireland, so Rescue Remedies offered Rescue places saving both Paddy's and Kaylee's lives. Paddy is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Paddy was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF9437.jpgpaddy.jpg
DSCF9448.jpgpaddy.jpg
DSCF9464.jpgpaddy.jpg
Paddy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
29.07.18: Hi Lynne,
Did you get my pictures via text? The LOVELY Paddy the Ambull... he's a complete gent, he does have a friend Kaylee but we are trying to place separately as its more likely to be successful. Not sure anyone would take on both. If not let me know.
Thanks Mikey
We are taking Paddy & Kaylee they arrive 18th November
Paddy.jpg
Paddy1.jpg
anne

Re: Paddy American Bulldog DofB 03.03.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Paddy is a wonderful, friendly, very gentle giant. He was so patient while we fiddled about fitting his harness and he enjoyed a little plod around the woods to get his bearing and lots of fuss from his new best friend, Jim.
DSCF9466.jpgpaddy.jpg
DSCF9456.jpgpaddy.jpg
DSCF9453.jpgpaddy.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Paddy and his friend Kaylee enjoyed some free time in the paddock this afternoon. What endearing, lovely natured dogs they are. Kaylee loves a bit of play but Paddy is struggling on his legs at the moment and finds it difficult to join in. When Kaylee invited him to play he rolled around on the floor, bless him xx
DSCF9507.jpgpaddykaylee.jpg
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took a slightly rejuvinated paddy out today with kaylee - last week he was hobbling and on an involuntary go slow - a week later and he almost seemed a different dog walking a lot better and seemed a lot happier yes hes never going to break any ambull speed walking records but it was great to see him walking nicely before tiring a little bit at the end - he never wants too much walking - hope to walk you again soon topdog
P1020714.JPG
P1020710.JPG
pits

Re: Paddy American Bulldog DofB 03.03.11 Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

I gave Paddy a short walk today, he ambles along slowly and happily and like his fellow bulldog Kaylee he's a really great dog and a lot of fun to be around and give attention to. He is a perfect dog for cuddling.
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
pits

Post by pits »

Here's Paddy the bulldog earlier. He has such a incredibly soft and friendly personality, he slowly plods along with you and is overjoyed to get affection and cuddles. He is only too happy to get hugged and cuddles. If you put your face near him he'll just gently kiss and lick your face. I envy whoever adopts this great dog.
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
pp3s.jpg
pp2s.jpg
pp1s.jpg
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Oh Paddy what a boy! I met him briefly today when Evie was bringing him back from his little amble and I have fallen in love and can`t stop thinking about him. He is seriously SOFT,CUDDLY and GORGEOUS. He does struggle with his legs bless him so he wouldn't want too much walking, he really would make a wonderful loving companion. It`s hard to think of him (and his pal Kaylee) in cold kennels, they need warm homes please :crossfingers.gif: .
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Paddy was my guest of honour in the dog mobile yesterday as we sped around the M25 and headed to our vets for his 2nd vaccination. He topped the scales still 47 kilos so we are going to implement more walks for Paddy boy as he needs to shift the pounds (Kilos): Our vet wants at least 6 Kilos off so Paddy's New Year Diet came early.

Having said that his movement is much better and he seems to improve every week. Everytime I go by his kennel I stop and our eyes meet and he gets up and comes to his door for fuzz....Paddy is one big dollop of Icecream white chocolate flavour!
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

So I got to meet the chunky monkey Paddy today and take him on his Christmas walk. Well I’m not entirely sure we can call it a walk really, more of a walk-Ette 😝. Paddy was not really up for trying to reduce his waistline today and kept stopping for tickles during the walk. Really he was far more interested in my cheese and bum scratches but we made him do a bit of walking and kept the cheese to a minimum in order to help with the big DIET.

Paddy is an adorable soul but he could do with loosing quite a few pounds, especially as his elbows are really quite bad and the extra weight is definitely not helping. Despite all this he is a friendly chap and very easy to walk. He really should not be spending winter in kennels and I really hope his forever humans come soon.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took paddy out for his boxing day walk with kaylee who was v lively - paddy on the other hand likes to take it slowly and was limping a little bit he really is a gentle soul who needs a nice warm home where he could dish out his paddy cuddles and dream of a nice warm summer

20181226_104032.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”