Murraymint Staffie DofB 23.07.13 Aylesbury Bucks

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Murraymint Staffie DofB 23.07.13 Aylesbury Bucks

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Murray.jpg
Murray's Story: Murray was kept in a back yard and basically ignored by his family. The dog warden brought him into the pound, but the pound got full and he was in danger of being put to sleep. We were asked by our friends at Safe & Sound to take him in. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Murray is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated.

We homed Murray briefly, and he did exceptionally well. However, he jumped up and caught an arm, which was grazed but not bitten. He was then returned. Murraymint needs understanding and training to assuage his impulses as he learns to live in a home. Murray was in kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Murray1.jpg
Murray3.jpg
Murray's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
7.7.18 Dear Lynne, We’re so sorry to be coming to you with another tale of woe, but we’re in a difficult situation again. At the beginning of June, we offered (alerted by one of our drivers) to take in two urgent poundies from a high kill pound in the north east who were due to be PTS - Murray a staffie was a sign over via dog warden - he had been kept outside in a yard and ignored.
Please can you help him Ax S&S
pits

Re: Murraymint Staffie DofB 23.07.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

Here is handsome new boy Murraymint earlier, thank you to volunteer Mel for helping with his photoshoot. He is a very happy cheerful lad and was a pleasure to meet.
f1s.jpg
f2s.jpg
f3s.jpg
f4s.jpg
f5s.jpg
f6s.jpg
f7s.jpg
f8s.jpg
f9s.jpg
f10s.jpg
Broomstick

Re: Murraymint Staffie DofB 23.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Broomstick »

murraymint is such a dream, such a loving dog especially bearing in mind his past. This lovely boy deserves a chance and a loving home. He is so affectionate and loved having his photos taken, he is very gentle taking treats too. He just needs someone to love, is it you? :welcome.gif: :welcome.gif: :welcome.gif: :welcome.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

Murray is such a sweet natured dog and so lovely to walk with. He takes everything in his stride. This morning we passed other dogs walking on leads and some horses riders. Murray listens and responds and relaxes if you tell him everything is OK.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I hadn't met Murray before today. He was happy to see me and was easy to get out from his kennel. He was keen to get going on his walk and is quite a strong boy. He did pull a bit but nothing too bad, except when he saw other walkers up ahead, then he was a bit strong in the lead. We cut through the woods on a different path where he soon settled back into a nice walk again. I felt Murray was so all about his walk today that I didn't really get to connect with him. It was pouring so will have to have a more relaxed, lengthy time with him soon. Nice looking staffie boy.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
xxlynne

Re: Murraymint Staffie DofB 23.07.13 Rochester Kent

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)

Murraymint met Andrew and Rachel this afternoon and gave them a hearty welcome. It really felt like "hi you've arrived..lets be best friends".
Murrayminthomed3.JPG
Murrayminthomed5.JPG
Murray thanks all his friends and especially his saviours in Safe and Sound to told us about Murray's plight
RosC

Post by RosC »

I walked Murraymint today. He was pleased to meet me and we set off on a walk with Evie and Kate. Murraymint was very well behaved and although a lively walk was not pulling me along.
Poor thing wasn't so happy when I tried to leave him though but fell for the 'chase a treat to the back of the kennel' trick for me to escape 0002.gif]
Lovely little boy.
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Murraymint is a sweetie - perfect name for him. Perfect to get ready, he just stood still and let me clip his leads on. He pulls, no silliness, one tiny grab of the lead in excitement but a quick uh uh and he stopped. The further I walked him, the more responsive and connected he became. He was much happier away from the noise of kennels, so we stopped - he happily accepted a fuss, bless him, and was much calmer than when we left.xx.
67EBE544-A98D-465B-8B40-0D67D55168AF.jpeg
5581C996-4677-48A9-A5EB-323C82ADDB9E.jpeg
coffeepot12

Post by coffeepot12 »

I took Murraymint out for the second time on Sunday, he is always super excited to get out of kennels when he knows he is going on a walk and this week was no exception.

He is a bit of a puller always walking at top speed but happy to tackle the stiles, bridges and mud.

This week we came across a group of 9 or so off lead dogs which would be a lot for any dog to cope with especially when most came up for sniff but there was no negative reaction from him at all and they went on by.

Murraymint is a lovely natured dog who would make such a fab addition to a family. Full of love and affection I hope he finds his forever home soon.
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I had the pleasure of walking Murraymint yesterday. He was super excited to be finding himself going out for a walk. As we entered the woods Murraymint was on the lookout for anything that moved and wanted to make chase. There were several squirrels about which made for an entertaining walk! Murraymint is very responsive and listens to commands. We passed a few dogs which he wasn't really bothered by. He does a lovely sit for treats. An all round super boy love4.gif xx
20181111_101128.jpg
20181111_101155.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”