Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Sidcup Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jojo18

Re: Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

So Marshall arrived at his new kennels and I'm stunned by what a striking boy he is .I took him straight out of the van and round to the paddock area.
He was happy to follow, no sadness or nerves to him just trusted that we were going some where nice , What a loving boy ! He happily leans into your leg for affection and comfort .Hes a tall boy and loved stretching his long legs and thoroughly enjoyed our tennis ball session.Theres a young gentleness to him when hes responding to you and taking treats.
He happily let me take the tennis balls off him , no edge to him at all , even though we had only just met he trusted immediately .
Sadly our time was up but I look forward to spending time with this special boy again.
ektaylor

Post by ektaylor »

I have walked Marshall once in the past and went into his kennel today to give him some TLC!

He really is a lovely boy. After being a bit excited and jumping up to say hello to me, he then flopped onto his back for tummy rubs. We then played with his blue bone toy for a little while before he curled up into his bed, bless him!

Marshall is gorgeous and only young. He really deserves to have a family who are going to love him up and take good care of him.
FranB

Post by FranB »

I had a lovely amble with Marshall on Tuesday, he is such an affectionate boy. It was a nice warm day and all he wanted to do was have a nice lay down on the grass and a sun bathe. Yes he was energetic in the kennels when I went in, but we had never met before and I felt very comfortable with him, he jumped up a couple of times and then lay down for belly rubs. After all he has been through he is an amazing boy to still be so friendly and loving. smiley-sad010.gif
xxlynne

Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Frimley Green

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)

Apologies ... so happy knowing Marshall is home and being loved and appreciated... I forgot to move him to the HOMED! section

Can't believe how happy Marshall must feel to relax in a loving family THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christopher and Christina... Feels so right this lovely boy is now with you
Chrismccarthy54

Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Frimley Green

Post by Chrismccarthy54 »

(Since returned)

We are both so grateful for you saving him from a horrible fate. He’s such a beautiful dog, lively and loving - we bathed him ( yes he got in our bath willingly, just stepped right in !) He’s visited and registered at our family vet. His upset tummy is gradually improving, we’re at the “Mr Whippy” stage but better than he was. We’ve booked him in for some recall lessons (till he sees a rabbit I guess !) and we’re working very hard on “heel” along the roads.
We’ve booked some free run sessions in a 3 acre enclosed field near us so we can let him off lead safely and we walk / run him about 4 miles in the mornings in our local woods and a stroll round the roads at night to get him used to night traffic.
We went out yesterday in the pouring rain - we have him on a 50ft extended lead - and he LOVED it ! The washing machine is in full swing and he has several hand towels around the place to mop up his egg white sloppy chops. His tail bangs against all the cupboards, he sleeps 8 hours a night on the floor next to our bed and I feed him at 7am every morning ( he’s on Forthglade and all wheat free biscuit ).
We are working hard to give him a structured environment so he learns his boundaries quickly. He’s a very big dog, luckily Chris is 6ft 3ins and 15.5 stone so Marshall ( who has tried it on a few times already ) knows who is boss and he LOVES him.
Once again, I cannot thank ALL of you enough who drove up to rescue him, fed him, walked him and loved him while he was waiting for us. He is our perfect, fantastic boy and we adore him. I will update you regularly with his progress if you would like that.
Christina
Nurse Flo

Re: Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Frimley Green

Post by Nurse Flo »

Marshall found a little twig during his  walk today
Marshall found a little twig during his walk today
0002.gif]
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Marshall on Swan Lake
Marshall on Swan Lake
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

The positive picture of Rescue - from scared and skinny to shiny and magnificent, the result of just a few weeks of love and care.
05E623CB-464D-4420-9C23-ED67763553E7.jpeg
Chrismccarthy54

Post by Chrismccarthy54 »

(Since returned)

Thank you ! We are working very hard with him. He is a beautiful dog who has had a terrible start in his very short life. He seems to have basically lost 18 months of normal puppyhood until RR rescued him and have obviously taken crucial time with him, for that we are so grateful.
He is the equivalent of a 14 year old lad who has been in solitary most of his life so he’s absolutely desperate for physical attention, which we are giving him in bundles and he has very bad manners with other dogs which we are working very hard on.
He doesn’t mind sweat tops with hoodies up but he doesn’t like flat caps one little bit !!
We love him dearly for all his obstreperous behaviour at times 👍👍 and when he’s developed completely, he will be the dog he always deserved to be.
Rescue Remedies_2

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

Marshall has come back on our books due to his owners' ill health.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”