Gilbert & Snowy Staffie DoB 02.08.07 Chesterfield

Dogs that have found their forever home
Pegmilly

Gilly Staffie 02.08.07 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

Sunday morning was pouring with rain. Who better to walk to give me and Tony a boost than this energetic, happy pair. No denying it, they pull, but it’s just pulling, no silliness, no darting in different directions, just steady pulling - which eases after a good off lead play in the paddock. We keep asking them where they are in a rush to get to - but I think they’re both just delighted to be out and about and have some company. They are an absolute joy to be around - and I’ll admit to asking Kim to put them on my list of dogs to walk......the dog walking diva is back 0002.gif]
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I walked Snowy and Gilly today, we love walking them. These two are such happy little dogs and so full of love. We took them to the paddock first for a roll in the grass and some fussing and then off for a nice walk. Today we passed 4 different sets of dogs, several off lead and 2 very noisy little JRTs and Snowy and Gilly took no notice whatsoever. They are very receptive to commands and understand ‘wait’, ‘slow down’, ‘gently’ and ‘sit’ very well indeed. I believe very strongly that Gilly and Snowy will calm quickly in a home environment, they have excellent manners and they are such happy loving little dogs. angel13.gif]
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Snowy and Gilly are always raring to go - my arm sockets now brace themselves!! They can and do walk well once they’ve got rid of some of their energy - the pulling lessens and they’ll listen to requests to slow down. Off lead in the paddock Gilly can become over excited, jump up and forget his manners. A very firm no stops him and I certainly didnt hold it against him - no malice in him just needs to be kept in check sometimes (don’t all men 0002.gif] ??). They will always bring a smile to your face and their enthusiasm is definitely to be admired. XX.
9D88B378-2BC0-486C-8231-7A30F9EA821F.jpeg
4CFB6133-A7FE-40EF-A690-DC856D5F32B1.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

It’s really hard to believe Snowy and Gilly are the age they are. They have so much energy and so much enthusiasm, they really enjoy their walks and they adore cuddling up to you and Snowy particularly showers you with staffie kisses at every opportunity! They love having their bellies rubbed, they take no notice of other dogs, can’t understand why someone hasn’t notice how special they are and taken them home. I know their special someone is out there, and though we will really miss them we want that someone to find them xxxxxx
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

We took Snowy and Gilly for a reeeeeeally long walk today - through the fields, over styles, across bridges. Both dogs thoroughly enjoyed their walk and were very well behaved. Very impressed when an off lead terrier came running at us, both dogs totally ignored it when asked to leave it. No off lead paddock time today, Snowy and Gilly were quite worn out by the time we took them back. Xx.
9983A0FD-1DE2-401C-91C0-6822CC7E8D15.jpeg
33100A80-B51E-4D57-9D1D-8E7F408834F7.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I walked the gorgeous duo today. A delight as always and a bit more lead training undertaken, Gilly is really getting the hang of walking beside Geoff on a slack lead, for short periods, absolute poppets xxxxx
Pegmilly

Re: Snowy 17.06.10 Gilly 02.08.07 Bonded Pair Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

Snowy and Gilly love their walks - they make the most of every second of it. To see them out and about, tails wagging is a pleasure to watch. The more I get to know them, their ways, the easier they have become. We took them for a long walk this morning, it was sunny, both dogs brilliantly behaved - you can’t ask for a more perfect Sunday morning than that. Xx
1BDB0D60-BBB5-4DBA-88B7-5152B8D97C3A.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Snowy and Gilly are two of our favourites and we had a lovely long walk with them today, we started off strongly ( as always with these two) but they settle really quickly and are very responsive to command. Snowy is a very easy walk, Gilly is a bit stronger. They really are not bothered by other dogs we meet out on our walk. We had quite a bit of paddock time at the end of the walk as their kennel needed cleaning and we were waiting for it to be completed before we took them back, and Gilly got a bit overexcited and silly, but he accepted being checked and I retrieved most of the whole bag of treats he had tried to liberate from my pocket!!! Gilly and Snowy will be such fun as your instant canine family. Don’t expect them to be slow or lazy because of their ages. These two are full of beans, full of affection and with great big staffie smiles xxxx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Nice walkies with the dynamic duo Snowy & Gilly today :D
6A8B874E-680A-4431-9C10-81E5A9B326CE.jpeg
1C23886A-C09C-498D-9BD1-5045E0A6138F.jpeg
They are both strong on the lead, particularly at the start of their walkies but do settle down and if walks and garden fun were more regular like they would be in a home then I am sure they will improve their walking skills immensely. These 2 will always make you smile :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

6200C290-D975-4B21-BB8C-6BCDFAF299F8.jpeg
F90EC4ED-059B-4D88-B8B3-C85E166540B2.jpeg
Snowy and Gilly just love being out and about. We took them for another long walk yesterday morning - the further you walk them the less they pull and begin to slow down,have a mooch about, sniff the grass, investigate their surroundings. They look very similar and it always takes us a minute or two to work out who is who when we enter their kennel - but they seem to know who is walking who - snowy always comes to me, Gilly to tony. We really do enjoy walking these two - so nice to see such enthusiasm and zest for life.....and I’m sure I’ve now got arm muscles like Popeye!!! Xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”