mandyandmike

Re: Rizzie Staffie DofB 16.08.12 Guildford Kenns

Post by mandyandmike »

Just look at that face...xxx
Just look at that face...xxx
amerbob

Post by amerbob »

I've got Rizzie with me for a few days, giving him a little break from the kennels, where he's been feeling a little stressed of late. I've put him straight to work, he's already at least as good at my job as I am 0002.gif]

Rizzie1.jpg
amerbob

Post by amerbob »

Rizzie has been with me for a couple of days now. He was so stressed out from the kennel environment, and it has taken him till today to really settle in. He expresses his stress by chewing (my pillow) and humping (also my pillow - never me!). Bless him, he's much calmer now and just needs a bit of time and supervision while he gets settled into a new environment. I hope that his new family bears this in mind and treats him with the kindness and patience that he deserves while he finds his feet.

Also worth noting that he sometimes mouths when he gets excited, but a gentle "ah-ah" and he stops.

Otherwise, Rizzie is a joy. He's a complete snuggle bunny, loves to nestle in when you're watching tv in the evening, and last night, he slept on my bed and burrowed his way under my duvet to achieve maximum snuggle. He has woken me up both mornings with quite a thorough face licking, but again, if this is not up your street, you can gently guide him away from you without issue.

He's very food focused (expect to see two gorgeous brown eyes staring at you whenever you attempt to eat anything!) and this can definitely be used to train him.

Out on the walk, he's very interested in other dogs, but shows no signs of aggression at all. He was less keen on the ducks that we saw as we walked around the pond - at one point he had to have a little shout at one of them. We walked around the streets yesterday evening and if he saw any of the cats that I saw, he didn't react to them in anyway. None were particularly close though.

I would urge people to submit a homing questionnaire to have Rizzie as a permanent addition to their home. He's a lovely boy and really needs a family to call his own.

Rizzie2.jpg
8x1rob

Re: Rizzie Staffie DofB 16.08.12 St Leonard's on Sea

Post by 8x1rob »

(Since returned)

:newhere.gif:
Well Rizzie got to our home at about 3 this afternoon. He had a bit of a stressful 2 hour drive, getting anxious a couple of times, but faired well really.

He has squeezed every last drop out around the garden...

He has been great, although very lost and confused, he has had his first little walk around the block. He is pretty good around food (although he did try to help himself from the coffee table a couple of times) not overly protective and waited nicely as we put his bowl down then told him to go ahead.

Trust is coming along pretty quickly really, lots of good positive eye contact and coming to us when unsure.

The fish tank has totally freaked him out, he has tried to eat them all. As for the noisy tortoises crashing about in their viv, well, they had to be laid in front of and shouted at. They just came up to the door and stared at him.
After a bit of time and treats he is happy to ignore them. A cat came and laid down in the front room and stared at him, he laid there looking and sniffing but that was about it.

Let our journey commence.
anne

Re: Rizzie Staffie DofB 16.08.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Sad to see Rizzie back but happy to get reacquainted with him. He was super friendly and keen to get out on his walk this morning but as good as gold the whole time. He just walked along in front of me, no pulling, sniffing and doing his own thing. He passed a couple of dogs without any fuss. As it was a hot day I took him down to the stream for a paddle.
DSCF7082.jpgrizzie.jpg
DSCF7084.jpgrizzie.jpg
anne

Re: Rizzie Staffie DofB 16.08.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Rizzie is my perfect walking partner. He walks at a nice brisk pace, he does not stop too often or for too long, he does not waste energy chasing squirrels, he politely waits for me while I climb over stiles and best of all he steals my heart with his cute little staffie wiggle and his little flappy ears. Could he be your perfect partner too?
I wanted to share with you his wiggle as he walks...…
FranB

Post by FranB »

Rizzie was pleased to see me today but really didn’t want to leave the kennels. We had 5 minutes in the paddock and then he wanted to come out. I managed to persuade him to walk around the field and he eventually relaxed and had a good roll and a sit down and cuddle. He was happy when he could sit and watch the gate to see who was coming and going.
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Sad to see Rizzie back but pleased to take him out for a long walk on Saturday. We walked with Lola (and Linda) and although he was quite busy at the start of the walk (lots of staffy huff and puff) he did settle down once he had expended some energy and stress. Lola took the lead and Rizz was happy to follow, we did get to one point in the walk when he decided he wanted to go a different way but with a bit of cajoling and high pitched voice encouragement I persuaded him to go the way we wanted.

Which way do you want me to go?
Which way do you want me to go?

Ok all right then if you say so!
Ok all right then if you say so!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”