Molly Small Lurcher DOB 03 Blackheath London

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Molly Small Lurcher DOB 03 Blackheath London

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Molly1.jpg
Dear Lynne and all of the RR family:

It is with a broken heart that I wanted to let you know that I have recently lost my two RR dogs, Molly and Woody. Molly came to me in February 2009 after my first RR dog Henna had passed away. Woody then joined us in October 2009. They were my two best mates. Molly in particular came to me at a time when I needed as much love as she did. They were with me through four house moves, two relationships and the birth of three children. I loved them so very much, as did my partner James. Woody died following a seizure last August, and Molly was pts in my arms in January at the age of 16.

Thank you Lynne and Rescue Remedies for all of the amazing work that you do. Without you I would not have had Molly and Woody in my life. It is great to see all of the developments that the rescue is going through. I hope to be able to take on another RR dog soon.

With love Sally x
Flower22.jpg
Molly's thread below:
xxlynne Dec 09, 2008 6:34 pm
Molly was bought from a pet shop 6 yrs ago. Since then children have come along and the family don't really have time for her. A few months ago the nextdoor neighbours dog a King Charles Spaniel got into their garden on a mission. Oh as a result an accidental litter. Molly had 4 pups but one didn't survive. Molly is being taken to the vets tomorrow for the first time pups are 3 weeks old..and then Ruthi and Les are taking her and her pups in to their care.
Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Molly Small Lurcher DOB 03 Blackheath London

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

Rigsby 09 Dec 2008 08:56 pm

Is this the same dog that the owner has been trying to rehome on Dogpages for some time?
Rescue Remedies_2

Dee 10 Dec 2008 12:19 pm

Not sure Polly.

Owner contacted us before Molly had puppies but gave no contact number. We could have taken in then. She emailed us twice but despite Lynne and I both sending emails she then emailed again with no number and finally again emailed the other day where finally able to get number for her.

Poor little Molly. Still life will be on the up now at Ruth's :lol:
Rescue Remedies_2

Ruthi 11 Dec 2008 11:46 am

I expect you'd like to see pictures. One boy, two girls. We are working on names.

And the gorgeous Molly - she has such a beautiful soul!

They are not in as bad a condition as we feared, although poor Molly has given her all for the babies. I have never seen a dog eat as much as she does, and she is always ready for more!

The cute little bundles are quite cav like to look at, but I do not think that 4 week old cavs would be this feisty! One even had a go at barking this morning! They explore, play fight, attempt to groom themselves, and are just generally better than TV (not difficult) and other pleasures too! They are pretty good at eating - I just have to keep an eye on Molly or she's in there taking theirs. Poor girl is really desperate.

Molly is a very sweet dog. She's lived in a chaotic household and with her sensitive soul has absorbed all the angst and I suspect tried to hold it for her owners. She is very cuddly, to the point of being needy, but that should settle once she feels more secure. At this stage I see her as being the pampered pet of an active older owner or couple - she is very lively and needs to make up for the years that she hasn't been walked. She needs confident humans who can make her feel safe, and are unphased by her barkiness under stress. I was given a muzzle for her, but its totally unnecessary. She's just worried, but apart from gobbing off a bit when they get too near her babies, has been fine with my boys, and human visitors.

I haven't seen the dogpages listing. Owners loved her dearly, but just couldn't cope - even before she had the pups. I was asked to categorically promise that there would be no destruction. Which of course I did.
Rescue Remedies_2

sars 11 Dec 2008 02:18 pm

Jane - I've defo seen this dog before - her picture has definatley been up elsewhere in the past :?
..I'm always drawn to the pointy faced ones, so remember them!

She is gorgeous, and if I wasn't so full here ...
Rescue Remedies_2

SharonR 11 Dec 2008 03:29 pm

Ow cute - she has ears like a bat!
Rescue Remedies_2

Dee 11 Dec 2008 05:03 pm

Wow what a beauty. Bless Ruthi.

Sars Polly thought she may have been up on dog pages is that where you may have seen her? :D
Rescue Remedies_2

Rigsby 11 Dec 2008 09:13 pm

It is the same dog that I saw on Dogpages in the Private Homings section. she didn't mention in that post that her dog was expecting pups though. She did say she reacted very badly to other dogs and was muzzled at all times when out and about (which clearly wasn't very often). It sounded as though she (the owner) couldn't cope at all.
Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 11 Dec 2008 09:18 pm

Ruthi is getting the true measure of Molly and will be discovering her inner confidence and will reintroduce her to dogs generally and dogs outside. I think we can safely say that Molly will need time but Ruthi has already stated she has no need of a muzzle indoors. Outdoor walks begins tomorrow.
Rescue Remedies_2

Ruthi 11 Dec 2008 10:40 pm

Molly will be fine. She just needs the responsibility of guarding the pack taken from her little shoulders. At least that is what I am saying after 36 hours. Ask me again after Xmas!

I can hear squeaking from downstairs, so it must be coming up to the night time feed. Pups are 4 weeks 1 day old and weigh about 1.5 kilos(50 grams up from yesterday). Does anyone know how much wet food (naturediet puppy) they should be eating? Currently I give them enough for some to be left over when they lose interest and wander off to play fight, or chew something they shouldn't (the bow on my slippers is favourite) :lol: Pups and mum are all on 4 meals a day.

And just so you don't think this is unalloyed fun, the wormers are working. Molly is good at cleaning up, but we found one (thankfully dead) worm hanging from a little bum - about four inches long - yeeugh!!!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”