Nero Patterdale DofB 01.09.16 Stansted

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Nero Patterdale DofB 01.09.16 Stansted

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Nero6.jpg
Nero's Story: Nero was taken in by his most recent owner and was living with a Labrador. He was handed into a vet to be put to sleep, as Nero had problems being left and didn't fit into owner's lifestyle. Rescue Remedies offered a rescue place saving his life. Nero would love a companion home where he is not left for long periods. Nero is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Nero is in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance, and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Nero5.jpg
Nero8.jpg
Nero's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
16.03.18: Requested to help Nero who is living with a Labrador of last but apparently has problems being left. Mariex
Nero.jpeg
MrsP

Re: Nero Patterdale DofB 01.09.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Nero arrived today and him and I had a little mutual appreciation society, he is the sweetest, kindest and most beautiful boy. Has apparently lived with children and dogs happily but worries being left. He's only a baby so I think he just hasn't been taught the skill of settling alone yet. He has many other skills though and will sit and wait happily, has lots of self control and no signs of mouthyness.
Very easy for a Patterdale in my opinion, get those forms in quick wink.gif
watching a GSD in the background
watching a GSD in the background
making friends with Uncle Simon, looking for reassurance
making friends with Uncle Simon, looking for reassurance
THAT FACE!
THAT FACE!
dan_gillett

Post by dan_gillett »

Nero is an absolute treasure - he's a nervous little lad who's definitely not built for kennels but once he knew we were going for an adventure he was giving both paws for treats, bouncing around and delighted to get going. He's interested in the world around him - other dogs, people and especially birds - but doesn't seem to be reactive, simply quietly curious and keen to explore. Every blade of grass on the island has now been investigated and approved by Nero! He's very relaxed and easy going for a Patterdale.

Please put in those homing forms to get him out of kennels ASAP! This handsome chap needs a home where he can show off his wonderful manner.
28946356_1695584790484485_1154131911_o_opt.jpg
pits

Post by pits »

It was terrible wet weather but Nero was happy to go for a jog and stroll with Mel and me who wanted to get some photos of him. He's a sweet dog, a bit nervous and timid at first as others have said but he quickly gets to know you and loves attention. Here's some photos from today:
f1.jpg
f2.jpg
f3.jpg
f4.jpg
f5.jpg
f6.jpg
f7.jpg
f8.jpg
f9.jpg
f10.jpg
f11.jpg
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

Had a lovely walk with this sweet little guy today. He does this funny thing where he appears to be preparing to pounce like a cat crawling along the ground then gets a very waggy tail when you make contact with him and makes a big fuss of you. Loves to sniff and appears to want to meet other dogs. He has a beautifully soft face which he enjoys being stroked, I think this little chap would thrive in a home environment where he has contact with people and attention. A happy chappy who just needs a loving home. angel13.gif]
Vicksg

Post by Vicksg »

Had wonderful cuddles from Nero today. He's very bouncy but if you stroke his cheeks he goes all calm. It's wonderful therapy for both of us I think! He really is a gorgeous dog.
Judy

Re: Nero Patterdale DofB 01.09.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

I took Nero out for the first time this afternoon. Nero seems to have built his confidence up since first arriving he wasn't phased about being taken out by someone he doesn't know, he walked along happily even when big vehicles went past. He stopped for lots of sniffs occasionally rolling around on his back. Nero really is a lovely boy, I am sure he won't be with us for long. love4.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Nero is young and yet has very little self confidence. We are working hard to correct this. Here is a video showing Sammy and Nero. Nero was a little reactive going down the kennel block but meeting Sammy was casual and he seemed really happy initially.

Nero was in the paddock for 30 minutes tonight and so I was able to observe him. He spent most of the time oblivious to Sammy being in the next paddock, sitting down at the back of the paddock over looking the lands. He had a few rolls in the grass and was ready to come out when I walked towards the door. Now the warm weather is here I will make sure Nero get quiet time in the paddock of an evening.

I wanted to double check his chip number and he was very wary of me introducing the chip reader and moved away with a slow growl with his fears. I managed to settle him and he tolerated me sweeping it over his back. Sad to see a little boy so sad
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Beautiful little Nero, he's such a sweetie pie and is definitely gaining in confidence in his kennel - very good boy out and about love4.gif
DSC03273.JPG
Look at this stunning boy with eyes to die for love4.gif love4.gif

Fabulous polite little fella, enjoys a cuddle and gives a gentle paw for a treat thumbs.gif
DSC03247.JPG
DSC03248.JPG
DSC03260.JPG
DSC03257.JPG
Love him love4.gif
DSC03250.JPG
DSC03251.JPG
DSC03253.JPG
DSC03254.JPG
Sooooo sweet xxx

And totes gorgeous :D
DSC03263.JPG
DSC03265.JPG
DSC03271.JPG
DSC03272.JPG
Come on Nero's home, how can anyone resist him love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

FAE90CB4-E730-46BE-8775-4E6F46B79550.jpeg
045BCB4F-44D5-4CC3-A28B-58874E01260A.jpeg
Nero is a sweetheart. Slightly nervous when I entered his kennel but we soon made friends over a sausage or two. Off we went on our walk - I’m pretty sure every blade of grass was sniffed, investigated or nibbled on. He walks well, pulling a little in his enthusiasm to get to the next grassy patch, but he’s so small you barely feel it. I kept telling him what a very good boy he was being - he liked this - but liked the sausage treats even more!!! When I put him back in his kennel, I sat with him for a while, just stroking him and telling him everything would be fine. Adorable boy. Xx.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”