Rogue Staffie x DofB 2005 Newport Pagnell Bucks

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Rogue Staffie x DofB 2005 Newport Pagnell Bucks

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
rouge1DSCF3406a.jpg
Rogue's Story: Rogue's owner died, and the relative who took him in moved in with a new partner and their landlord has refused to allow him to stay. The vet who received him in to be put to sleep knew he was in good health having recently done bloods and a dental. They got him signed over from the family member and then vaccinated, chipped, flea treated and wormed him. They then spent hours on the phone trying to find a Rescue to help him. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Rogue is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Rogue is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
rouge2DSCF3386.jpg
rouge3DSCF3393.jpg
rouge4DSCF3398.jpg
rouge5DSCF3421.jpg
Rogue's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Our vet called us and asked if we can help Rogue by offering him a Rescue place. They had chosen to put him to sleep but convinced the family wit sign him over to them.

Rogue came into our Rescue on the 23rd July 2021
Elliesmum

Re: Rogue Staffie x DofB 2005 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

I've been following this boy on fb and saw the appeal. Glad we have him poor boy, he's so old and looks just like mine xx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

Rogue is a gentle old soul. He reminded us all of our dear friend Barney for those of you who remember him. Rogue is quite spritely for his age and is looking for a warm, loving home with a comfy bed and somewhere to potter to live out the rest of his retirement years.
love4.gif
rouge6DSCF3427a.jpg
rouge7DSCF3428a.jpg
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

anne wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:45 pm Rouge is a gentle old soul. He reminded us all of our dear friend Barney for those of you who remember him. . .
Welcome Rogue! bighug.gif I do remember Barney, having fostered him before he found his forever home with much missed Margaret.
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Heart fill with love.gif] wow if only I could . Dear boy , you’ll get your retirement home I’m sure x
CAB1979

Post by CAB1979 »

I got to meet Rogue on Saturday and what a gorgeous, little fellow he is. He was napping when I went to get him and so it took a bit of coaxing to get him out of his bed but he quickly joined me and was ready to head out. His tail was wagging as soon as we were walking and he seemed to enjoy exploring the world. He might be an older boy but he certainly kept the pace up and wanted to keep going anytime I showed any sign of slowing down. Lots of people stopped by to say hi and admire this handsome boy, so I’m sure he’ll find his new home soon.
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

I went to meet Rogue this afternoon. The dear boy was fast asleep, so I very gently woke him up. I let him come round and gently made a fuss of him. He was not interested in treats, but was happy to go for a walk.
As soon as we were on some grass outside the kennel block Rogue managed the world’s longest pee!!! Then off we set on a decent walk at a reasonable pace. Rogue was non-reactive to all animals/wildlife we came across - even a squirrel that popped up just ahead of us. We enjoyed our walk, and a cuddle back at the kennel, but he didn’t eat anything and he had not eaten his breakfast (all reported to the staff).
This dear old boy needs a comfortable home for his last few years.
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

Oh my goodness Rogue 🥰 What an adorable sweet darling boy he is ❤️
It was a pleasure to meet him yesterday and take him for a lovely walk through the woods and up to the stream, before some off lead time in the paddock.

He trotted along at such a gentle pace and I noticed he would walk around the puddles if he could rather than through them! He was extremely calm and friendly when he saw other dogs and people, and wagged his tail when he saw Tommy (Staffie) through the paddock fence.

He is absolutely delightful and such a sweetheart. I made sure I gave him lots of cuddles when leaving his kennel, and went back to visit him for some more cuddles later in the day because he was sat on his bed howling for a quite a while, and was so pleased to see me and receive the affection.

I really hope he finds a home soon, he’s such a dear little soul bless him.
IMG_6715_opt.jpg

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

IMG_6713_opt.jpg
IMG_6714_opt.jpg
IMG_6712_opt.jpg
IMG_6716_opt.jpg
paul.buckle

Post by paul.buckle »

Such a handsome chap! love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely walk with Rogue today. He certainly enjoys his walks, trotting along happily, checking out all the smells. On returning to his kennel, I had noted that he had not eaten his breakfast and the staff were serving dinner so I tried to tempt him to eat. He was not keen, so I asked for an alternative food for him to try and we found something he liked and he polished off a reasonable bowl full. Well done little Rogue. thumbs.gif
rogueDSCF3557.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”