Cocoa Staffie x Rottie DofB 18.01.19 Portsmouth

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Cocoa Staffie x Rottie DofB 18.01.19 Portsmouth

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
cocoa1DSCF2940a.jpg
Cocoa's Story: Cocoa was taken in by her surrendering owner, fearful and thin. She was introduced to 2 other large breed dogs initially on a muzzle but then free range. As unspayed bitch she did challenge the old bitch which involved puncture wounds for both. Cocoa did settle again and played and played with the male XL Bully. She went for the elderly bitch which may have been 'bitch on bitch' hormonal with Cocoa then being an unspayed bitch. This led her owner to seek out an urgent Rescue place for Cocoa as he himself is in poor and deteriorating health. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Cocoa is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Cocoa was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
cocoa2DSCF2936.jpg
cocoa3DSCF2937.jpg
cocoa4DSCF2939.jpg
cocoa5DSCF2941.jpg
Cocoa's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: WE received an urgent call from a man who lived locally who could no longer keep Cocoa who he rescued privately 10 months ago.

Cocoa came into our Rescue on the 8th June 2021
cocoa1DSCF2481.jpg
cocoa2DSCF2476.jpg
anne

Re: Cocoa Staffie x Rottie DofB Jan 2019 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of meeting Cocoa with Lynne this morning. Clearly she has built a bond with Lynne and looks to her for reassurance. She is very unsure of life at the moment and needs time to find her feet. She is a dinky, little sweetheart who will thrive in the caring hands of RR staff and volunteers. Onwards and upwards Cocoa.
cocoa3DSCF2480.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I too was lucky enough to meet lovely Cocoa today, very shy at first but she seemed keen to overcome her fears and make friends love4.gif
I visited Cocoa regularly throughout the day today, my first and second visit she would not take treats from me so I threw them in, third and fourth visit this lovely girl had started to trust and was taking treats from my hand.
Finally I was lucky enough to enjoy a lovely stroll out with Lynne and Cocoa. I was amazed at how the further we walked the more confident this darling girl became, she did some proper rolling (in something rather questionable!!) some squirrel spotting and some just lovely exploring thumbs.gif
This girl is going to do just amazing in the care of RR and oh how she will flourish love4.gif
Jude&Alf

Re: Cocoa Staffie x Rottie DofB Jan 2019 Gatwick Ke

Post by Jude&Alf »

Forgot to menetion, sweet little Cocoa is way smaller than she appears in photos, she's actually rather dInky 😊 I'm super excited to get to know this wonderful girl Kiss of love.gif
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

I met and walked Cocoa yesterday. She was very nervous when I entered her kennel, so I sat on the floor and let her come to me. After a few minutes (she wouldn’t take any treats) she came for some sniffs, then let me stroke the top of her head. Soon she was sitting beside, being fussed, then wanted her tummy rubbed.
Off we went for our walk, quite keen to get going. She was a little anxious to start with, then seemed to really enjoy being out. Beautifully behaved, no pulling on the leads, except when we came across squirrels!!! It was hot, so we went to the stream - she very tentatively had a little paddle, but no drink.
She is a sweet girl, and easy walk love4.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Had a lovely walk with this beautiful girl on Thursday. She hadn't really met me before although I had offered her sausage which she had refused. So I went in and knelt quietly and she came to me and sniffed me, decided she would try the cheese I was offering and then sat beside me and lifted her paw so I could stroke her, which I did, then leads on and off we went. Cocoa is the sweetest little Staffie, a lovely dark honey brindle with a black tail, which is different and quite charming! There is no doubt that squirrels are her thing! She sees one and goes up on her hind legs squeaking! It's really funny. She's not very big and so her enthusiasm to get them is not at all difficult to manage. A lovely little girl love4.gif
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

Cocoa was her normal adorable self yesterday. I went into her kennel and sat on the floor and she came straight up to me for a cuddle. This little girl is very affectionate. After a while we went for a long walk and Cocoa was beautifully behaved. The only thing that excited her was squirrels- definitely wanted to chase them.
Cocoa is an absolute pleasure to walk.
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I am fast falling in love with this beautiful little girl love4.gif
So the first few times I met Cocoa she was rather shy and then slowly, slowly she has started to recognise me thumbs.gif and now as I turn the corner and head for her kennel and call her name, there she is, right at the front of her kennel, big old smile and waggy tail thumbs.gif love this beautiful girl thumbs.gif
On Wednesday Cocoa was so very sweet, as I entered her kennel I decided to sit down and let her come to me, she decided that cuddles were very much in order, so gently she came to me and put her little head under my arm, quietly demanding cuddles, such a gentle girl.
Once out and about Cocoa comes alive, she absolutely adores her walks amd loses all her worries and is quite the squirrel spotter woo.gif]
Love this beautiful girl, I cannot wait to see her confidence continue to grow love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Cocoa was very happy to come out of her kennel with Clare today and that meant I got to meet this beauty - in fact beauty doesn’t do her justice, she is one stunning girl love4.gif
3311C2CB-8C3A-483C-8403-79B7E912AC46.jpeg
1DA1056B-A7C7-4F2B-8135-06B966A45833.jpeg
5DB57FEA-6774-4833-9223-822921AF4C55.jpeg
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I took beautiful cocoa for a lovely walk on Saturday accompanied by Jasper. Cocoa is starting to settle and come out of her shell now and she is a lovely sweet girl who just wants to be loved. Before she would allow us to get going she insisted on making a new friend, Katie and having a nice cuddle.

Cocoa walks very well on lead although you have a stay alert as given the chance she would be off after the squirrels 0002.gif]. Cocoa is also a bit unsure around other dogs but when asked to come on she happily obliges and carries on her walk.

Cocoa really is a sweet girl and I’m sure it won’t be too long before she find her forever loving home love4.gif

17FCF756-10AA-466F-8F20-F06579DB52D6.jpeg

0BAF976D-6723-486A-83E6-6FEC4B0DEDE2.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”