Bond Staffie x Collie DofB 25.04.12 Gatwick

Dogs that have found their forever home
sweetpea

Re: Bond Staffiex Collie DofB 25.04.12 Gatwick kenns

Post by sweetpea »

Bless his heart ...
I walk at 430am every day because one of my dogs (now 14 ) is petrified of some men ....we have tried different things but he is happiest walking early ...hope Bond finds his forever home soon Kiss of love.gif
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

I had the absolute pleasure of spending time with this gorgeous boy yesterday. It’s the first time I’d met him and he was super friendly when I entered his kennel to take him out. He was very calm and didn’t bark or pull towards the other dogs in their kennels as we walked past them, however whilst out on our walk he did bark at some other dogs who walked by but it was easy enough to keep him moving and he soon settled and carried on enjoying his walk.
At one point we had some horses pass by us and Bond stood very calmly and waited at the side of the path for them to go by. He walks at a very gentle pace and we had a lovely time together.
He’s a real sweetheart and a joy to be in the company of 🥰
IMG_6805_opt.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Bond had a lovely walk with Wilson today. Only 1 bark! I witnessed the end of the walk and they stood close to one another after their walk for about 20 mins. I video'd them meeting each other again as they both went back to their rooms.
Ian B

Post by Ian B »

First afternoon walking for me in a couple of weeks today and missing a couple of my regulars who had been homed. The staff suggested that I walk Bond who was in Reception and whose little face I could see hoping for a walk! He calmly let me put the leads on and we set off towards the showjumping stables. Bond walked camly and steadily and didn't pull. He likes to sniff and mark. He wasn't fazed by a rider on horseback or a cyclist but was interested in a squirrel which he barked at.
The footpaths were far muddier than I expected so we went under the motorway and walked on the road into Smallfield village. Bond didn't react to either a spaniel pup that wanted to play or a westie, both on the footpath on the opposite side of the road. We had to navigate a busy junction in the centre of the village and he was fine in the traffic comprising cars, lorries, motor cycles etc. We
did a lap of the cricket ground and went past the playground. Bond was fine with the kids and we had a stroke and cuddle. He's a friendly boy. I discovered that he understands sit, with a little guidance. I dropped off something off in the boot of my car on our way back to kennels and Bond jumped in , in expectation of a ride!
We were passed by another Rescue Remedies dog and Bond barked .The lead tightened but he didn't lunge. Maybe this is a nervous reaction to dogs approaching him?
We got back to kennels and Bond sat nicely for a treat of cooked sausage slices from another walker.
It was then time for the paddock where we played fetch with a tennis ball. Bond happily drops the ball for it to be thrown again.
It was an enjoyable afternoon and I'd definitely look forward to walking Bond again. He's a real sweetie!
Ian B

Post by Ian B »

Had my second walk with Bond today. Longer than expected as after we visited the new Greyhound Rehoming Centre to check on progress, I chose an unfamiliar footpath that turned out to be overgrown and petered out in the direction of Gatwick S terminal. Hence we had to double back and retrace our steps.
Things learned today:-
- Bond is super friendly chap. You can't resist his face and paws as you walk past Reception!
- when entering he'll give an affectionate lick and waggy tail He's keen to walk.
- he walks nicely and doesn't pull. Plenty of life in him!
- he is interested in squirrels and has an eagle eye for them.
- showed no interest in wild deer, riders on horseback or mountain bikers
- understands "sit". Likes tummy rubs, ear rubs, rolling on his back in grass, sitting on the walker's lap. Is patient and will sit still without fidgeting
- if passing a car with the boot open, would jump in given the chance
- likes meeting people and getting attention
- likes playing fetch the ball in the paddock and will drop it at walker's feet for throwing
- when he's had enough of playing fetch he will just sit with the ball away from the walker so is easy to read
- hasn't been spooked by traffic so far in my walks with him
- is generally ok with dogs that keep their distance in gardens and paddocks. However likely to become barky is approached by a dog . Seems to be a nervous reaction. Also did this when a pony in a paddock came across to greet us. Best to just avoid or move on.
Overall he's great fun, a sweetie and I've booked him for later in the week.
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

:dog_running-186.gif: lovely write up Ian , sounds like you had a good long walk and found out a lot about 007 licensed to chill !

My RR staffy Buttons is dog reactive but it is easily managed we just cross the road and it’s a small price to pay , as Lynne says most of the time we are in the house where I am sure mr Bond would be the best company ever 🤩
Annette9

Post by Annette9 »

DSC_1797_2_opt.jpg
Lovely walk with my sweet friend. He loves to bark at squirrels and tried twice to climb a tree 0002.gif] after a gentle reminder that he only has a licence to thrill - we headed back and ended our afternoon walk with a game of fetch.
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Today I met Bond for the first time and what a welcome I received in his room! He was super eager to go for a walk, let me clip his leads and off we went. He quickly said hi to Chris too, and then we set off for the woods. He walked really well on the lead and took directions well. What a handsome boy!

Annette9

Post by Annette9 »

Bond was so excited to go for walkies today, he had to tell the whole neighbourhood 0002.gif]
After everyone knew, we settled into a mellow walk through the forest and meadow and as always ended with a game of fetch. He just loves it!
DSC_1918_2_opt.jpg
DSC_1920_2_opt.jpg
DSC_0000_BURST20210902130405124_2_opt.jpg
lainey29

Post by lainey29 »

:smiley-bounce016.gi: Walked this handsome man today, for an older dog he sure can run. We had great fun in the paddock first to burn some energy off chasing tennis balls and then with a tennis ball in his mouth we were off for our walk. Bond walks really well with slack leads and loves to hold onto his tennis ball throughout his walk. He’s not keen on passing dogs as he gets very barky but if you change direction before he sees them then he’s fine. He’s very friendly and does love a cuddle and back scratch lol.gif he so deserves a comfy sofa to call his own positivo1.gif

CFE87AB3-4EAB-4F5B-A4BA-38362A2086C7.jpeg

B0C18F44-C23B-49C9-9798-F3BC8B93250F.jpeg

1633976053558.jpg

1633976038805.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”