Robbie Staffie x Collie DofB 31.10.13 Ware Herts

Dogs that have found their forever home
StephenB

Re: Robbie Staffie x Collie DofB 31.10.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by StephenB »

Robbie Robstar was pleased to see me today. Very excitable around his kennel but fine once out and about. He's interested in other dogs but I get the feeling it's not aggression. We got charged at by 3 of the usual suspects the other day and Robbie just looked on in bewilderment!

Today was fairly warm and Robbie walked beautifully. He's learning that he doesn't get a treat for jumping up. He doesn't usually pull that much, in fact the lead is quite slack until he sees something moving in the woods. Anyhow there's not that much of him and he's easily managed. He's a good lad and I'm sure his jumping at the pocket is just pure frustration. He is learning not to do it.
20210423_161907.jpg
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

I took Robbie for a walk last week and although he can be excitable when exiting the kennel, he was an easy dog once we got going. He walks at a pleasant pace and ignored other dogs we met on the walk - even one that barked at him as it passed by. He was also good with cars and vans driving by.
He seems to find bridges a little stressful and speeds up to go over them. But this is progress as a couple of weeks ago I had to pick him up and carry him over the bridge 😁.
?
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

Robbie walked really well with Tye today. He prefers leading, and enjoys being followed. They seemed to enjoy each others company.
403471CF-8C03-49D9-9E80-354875BF4C7E.jpeg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Tye and Robbie has another lovely walk together yesterday. I was walking Tye and Becca was walking Robbie. Both boys seemed to really relax in each other's company. Another warm day so another dip in the stream was in order!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
RosC

Post by RosC »

bighug.gif Robbie was a very good boy again today and had a good walk with Cody over the common. He seemed to enjoy the company 😊
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

5DB0E9F8-4358-4C81-B6E1-BFD63327B074.jpeg
I always hope Robbie's available for me to walk, as he's such an easy calm dog once he's away from the kennel block. I never have to worry about other dogs, people, cars or bikes as Robbie takes it all in his stride. He likes to visit the stream for a quick paddle and will always stop for a cuddle. He walks on a slack lead and likes to stop and sniff, but his pace tends to pick up as we head back to the kennels.
He's very keen on having some ball time in the paddock - though he tends to lie down and have a rest and chew the ball after a while. Robbie has become much better at leaving the kennel block - and I now leave my treat bag behind. If he hears me rustle something in my pocket though, he may turn and look as if he wants to jump up for a treat - but he now turns and carries on walking, if I say 'no'.

Robbie is a very sweet dog and I hope he finds his home soon.
73D40CFB-1805-426E-A3BB-B49E509EAA09.jpeg
E4C33B26-908F-43CD-9BA3-A353B3710B15.jpeg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Robbie is a great dog. I've really taken to him. He's full of beans and character. He's attentive and walks lovely. Loves to give the face wash, with the tongue in the ear hole being a speciality.

Robbie can be impulsive around the pockets if he thinks there are treats to be had - but this is usually in conjunction with exiting the kennel block. So there has also been a stress/excitement factor involved.

Happy to report that I've seen none of this for some time. We've been getting Robbie to stop and wait and he is learning to sit for his treat. He still jumps around but he doesn't grab clothes. He's doing very well. GOOD BOY :dog-75.gif:
Hannydub

Post by Hannydub »

We have walked Robbie a couple of times now. He is a small boy and really easy to walk, once you're out of kennels, but he is very jumpy leaving and today he was too quick for me and I lost a pocket (tip, don't wear a baggy coat into Robbie's kennel)! The trick is to give him a long lasting treat, such as a dentastix, to distract him as you get his leads on and get out.

Once you're away from kennels, he is a wonderful little dog. He walks with slack leads and doesn't pull at all. His nose goes down to the floor and he just loves getting all the smells of the woods up his nose! We had a couple of looks back at us and attempts at jumping up for treats, but it is very easy to get him to carry on walking again. We walked past another dog from kennels, we hid behind a bush to give them a wide berth, and although the other dog reacted to us, Robbie took it in his stride and didn't react at all.

Away from kennels, Robbie is a lovely little dog love4.gif
image11.jpeg
image13.jpeg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I have a very big soft spot for this lovely lad love4.gif

He was an absolute star being introduced to other walker Sarah yesterday - and it meant I got to take photos of his handsomeness xxx
04866853-F555-4595-8ABA-6201C86D531C.jpeg
F10EB886-9C5E-43D8-A9C3-B0089D155B37.jpeg

Lovely calm walk, how could I resist that face asking for a treat - ofcourse I couldn’t and he got his treat xxx
85EA73E0-D4A6-4371-A7F9-5791AECC6B2E.jpeg
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

The Robster dropped by with his special friend Rebecca for an overnight stay in the detatched Cottage ( doggy BnB ) and he greeted me very politely and was so good , he sat for treats and am looking forward to photos of his stay and to hear how he got on in a cosy home setting 🤩 he really is such a lovely boy !

Robbie had never met me before and was instantly friendly and just interested in the cooked chicken treats on offer 😂 I stroked him and made a fuss of him , no problems at all. 👍

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”