Champ Staffie DofB 2020 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Champ Staffie DofB 2020 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
champ1DSCF1152a.jpg
Champ's Story: Champ has been held awaiting permission for rehoming. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Champ is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Champ is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
champ2DSCF1145.jpg
champ3DSCF1146.jpg
champ4DSCF1144.jpg
Champ's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Champ.jpg
Champ1.jpg
Champ2.jpg
Jan Case

Re: Champ Staffie DofB 2020 Comes next few days

Post by Jan Case »

Oh Champ, can't wait to meet you love4.gif
Annette9

Re: Champ Staffie DofB 2020 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Annette9 »

I had the pleasure to walk this beautiful boy yesterday and today. He was a bit shy when I entered his kennel yesterday for the first time , but with a few tasty treats we became friends. As soon as the leads came out he got overexcited and involved me in a game of tug, chewing on the leads. A big treat gave me the opportunity to clip the leads on and holding them short and tight we exited.
Champ did not take any notice of the kennel dogs and we started our walk. He enjoyed being out and about, his ears were alert, his tail wagging all the way and he was keen to explore all those delicious smells. Twice the lead got slack and Champ could not resist to restart another game of tug, but once refocused we continued and had some cuddles when back.
Today was easier as Anne kept distracting him while I attached the leads, and soon after we set off for our walk following Anne and Tommy. Not long into the walk we decided to part ways as Champ was getting hyper and once it was just us two we had a lovely long walk, he was good as gold. He is a cracking young staffi positivo1.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Champ is a lovely young staffie boy. He is a lemon brindle with lovely tiger stripes. Mostly he was fascinated with Tommy, watching closely what he was doing. Walking behind Tommy he was pulling to keep up and walking in front he kept turning around to see what Tommy was up to. I think he needs time to settle and enjoy his walks on his own for a while before we introduce him to walking with some other dogs.
I look forward to walking with him tomorrow.
champ5DSCF1143.jpg
champ6DSCF1149a.jpg
champ7DSCF1155.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I have walked Champ twice this week. Both times he was friendly and welcoming in his kennel, keen for me to get the leads on so we could head out. On Thursday Champ was brilliant on the lead, and if I could see he was a bit worried, by putting a little tension through the lead and talking to him, I was able to reassure him and was he was able to carry on. He walked at a good pace, stopping to sniff wherever he chose. Champ was not worried by two horses with their riders walking past us on the bridle path, and was calm passing people and other dogs.
Yesterday he did get worried as we walked through the woods and he started grabbing the leads. This is due to his insecurity and anxiety. He was very aware of where my hands were and although he was getting himself wound up, he was very careful to avoid grabbing my hands. When distracting him with a chew did not work , I crouched down and gave him gentle stokes on his head. This was magic and he immediately calmed and his body relaxed. After a few minutes of enjoying the physical contact, he started sniffing the ground and I knew he was telling me he was ready to continue. He did not touch the leads again and if he needed reassurance, was able to look at me and take the confidence he needed to carry on.
Champ is young, friendly, and bright. He will be a fast learner and needs to gain confidence and feel supported and reassured by the humans around him.
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

What a stunning boy. I met and walked Champ on Sunday. He was not interested in gravy bones when I entered his kennel, but did want fussing. I knelt down and we had a lovely cuddle, then he climbed up me and draped himself around my neck.I gently lowered him to the ground and off we went for a walk. He is alert and interested in everything around him. He tried to grab the leads once, but a sharp ‘no’ ended that game.
We had a lovely boy, keen to please, and loves affection.
paul.buckle

Post by paul.buckle »

He was not interested in gravy bones
I popped into his kennel to say hello on my last visit Geoff and also found he wasn't fussed about gravy bones. He took one from me but then calmly rested his head on my leg while I stroked him and it did cross my mind that that he hadn't actually eaten it. Sure enough, he dropped it out of his mouth soon after; completely intact, just wet and shiny!
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I got to walk the gorgeous Champ yesterday :D

We headed out towards the lane and Champ got exciting seeing Geoff and wanted to say hi ! His excitement levels up and he did his lead grabbing thing, no malice and I always felt my hands were safe but we did have some lead ragging. We swapped in and out for a soft toy which worked on and off and then as suddenly as it started he returned to walking nicely :D
We enjoyed a nice long walk enjoying the sunshine and some nice calm sniffing too ...
FA461F97-97EB-4704-8B4C-7A10AD51EB8B.jpeg
C99B8EC5-317C-41DE-8B3D-8BFC76B7BBF9.jpeg

A nice calm sit too :D
8BC36390-48E6-44A6-990D-480336D099F3.jpeg
Returning to the kennels through the woods brought on another few moments of lead ragging but the toy swap worked and Champ calmly went back into his kennel.

I’ve defo made myself a new friend with this little boy xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I walked Champ for the first time today. He was very friendly and calm in his kennel so we didn't have any problems clipping on leads or getting out. I had heeded all the advice about his lead grabbing, and I think Champ is calming down and getting used to his surroundings, as he was a lovely walk today. He did have a few moments but he was very manageable, and following earlier advice, he calms very quickly. He's just a young dog that can get a bit excited as he gets used to being walked and exposed to life. He's a sweet boy who will give you a great cuddle when you put him back in his kennel.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

Champ and I shared a lovely long walk yesterday in the sunshine. Champ does get anxious and he needs to seek reassurance from his walker. I have noticed if he feels a little anxious while walking he checks in with me by touching my leg with his nose. Sometimes he walks very close to my leg with his nose nudging me, other times he is confident and more relaxed, striding out ahead or stopping frequently to investigate smells. When he got a little gabby on the way out and coming back, I was firm with him and this generally stopped him. He then got attention and a cuddle for being good. If it escalated, I gave him a toy to hold.
Champ is a delightful, friendly, fun little staffie boy.

Return to “Our Superb Staffies (Staffierescue.co.uk)”