Rosie small Staffie x JRT DofB 03.2011 Chichester W.Sussex

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Rosie small Staffie x JRT DofB 03.2011 Chichester W.Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
rosie1DSCF0412a.jpg
Rosie's Story: Rosie's owner has just died and no one in the family can take her in and have been frantically trying to find her a Rescue place. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Rosie is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Rosie was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
rosie2DSCF0411.jpg
rosie3DSCF0396.jpg
rosie4DSCF0400.jpg
rosie5DSCF0403.jpg
rosie6DSCF0404.jpg
rosie7DSCF0414.jpg
Rosie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Hi Lynne

Her name is Rosie she is 9 years old she is a cross staff. She gets on with people and likes to be around with other people, she gets on well with children, she gets on with most dogs she likes her walks. She is frightened of fireworks and thunderstorms

Do you want us to bring her bed and bedding etc Gillian

Rosie comes into us on the 23rs December 2020
IMG_0476.JPG
With Alex
With Alex
IMG_0484.JPG
IMG_0483.JPG
Rosie.jpg
sweetpea

Re: Rosie small crossbreed DofB ?2011 OwnHome

Post by sweetpea »

Bless her heart ....hope she can go into foster Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Re: Rosie small crossbreed DofB ?2011 Guildford Xmas Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Rosie arrived to a huge welcome. She is such a diddy little girl like a miniature Staffie about 13/14 kilos

Gillian and Alex bought her and told the sad story that Her owner mother in law/ grandmother had died of dementia having been cared for by her son.(ex partner/ Father). Then Ex partner/ father wasn't well and found on Saturday having died in his sleep. So trying to find a Rescue place for Rosie then proved problematic until they called us.

Vicky fostered Rosie and was there to receive Rosie from the family...She then went off into Vicky's care once the car door was opened she didn't look back. Rosie enjoyed a sleepover
sweetpea

Re: Rosie small Staffie x JRT DofB ?2011 Guildford Xmas Foster

Post by sweetpea »

Great news this girl has gone into foster ...so sad ...but a happier ending Kiss of love.gif
anne

Re: Rosie small Staffie x JRT DofB ?2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Rosie is a delightful, friendly girl, only tiny and an absolute joy to be with. I fitted her with a new harness and collar, which she made very easy for me by lifting her leg to pop on the harness, then Linda helped with her photoshoot, after which, Rosie and I set off for a walk. Rosie just walks along nicely, taking time to observe and sniff her surroundings and so easy and undemanding on the lead. She was relaxed walking along the road and then back through the woods.
rosie9DSCF0402.jpg
rosie10DSCF0416.jpg
rosie11DSCF0418.jpg
CHStillman

Post by CHStillman »

Poor little Rosie. What a bewildering time for her. She looks so sweet.
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Good luck Rosie x
anne

Post by anne »

Rosie walked with Annette this morning and she seems to like the company of other dogs and was perfectly happy sharing her walk with Jack (dog). Jack was very keen to keep up with Rosie, who took the lead, and she was not at all phased when he started to cosy up to her to share sniffs, towards the end of the walk. thumbs.gif
jackrosie1DSCF0451a.jpg
jackrosie2DSCF0454a.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Rosie small Staffie x JRT DofB 03.2011 Chichester W Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Christine and Robert came to meet little Rosie today. She shared a walk with Jack Staffie and then Teddy Teddybear! Rosie is going to give Christine and Robert joyful times and welcome in the New Year with Cheer!
RosieHomed.jpg
Rosiehomed1.jpg
Thank you everyone...Happy New Cheer!
CHStillman

Re: Rosie small Staffie x JRT DofB 03.2011 Chichester W Sussex

Post by CHStillman »

Thank you all for Rosie - she is going to fit in very well. She is a sweetheart. bighug.gif
She was a bit disturbed in the car going home so is probably not used to longish journeys. When we got home we introduced her to the garden which was not of huge interest but when we went back indoors and took off the harness and lead, she raced around the house like a 1 year old - she is quite hyper. We just let her explore and then gave her a toy pig - then a tennis ball - both of which were destroyed in minutes! We have played with a tugger and she has explored 2 dog beds and the settee to decide where she would like to settle. After having some food, she decided to pee in the sitting room so I put her outside to show her where to go - a little later she looked as if she might want to do it again so I went to take her into the kitchen garden again - she really didn't want to go outside. After persisting for some time she did go out and did her pee and came in and I gave her lots of praise and a treat. On reflection, I have a feeling she thought I was putting her out into a kennel.
As with all our previous dogs, she will settle with time but she loves Bob and has cuddled up to me on the settee so I don't envisage too many problems.
Keep well all - you're doing an amazing job - and I wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”