Rubytues Staffie DoB 2018 RRemedies Centre

Staffies that are available for adoption
SarahW

Re: Rubytues Staffie DoB 2018 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

I have been lucky to walk Rubytues every Saturday since she came to RR. When I go into her kennel I get the most wonderful welcome. We have been to the paddock to play fetch each time before heading out for our walk. Her energy in previous weeks in the paddock has been quite high with her barking and jumping before I throw the ball. However today I waited in one spot and wouldn't put the ball in the ball thrower until she dropped the ball near me (other weeks she has had me walking to her where she has decided to drop the ball!). She picked this routine up in no time and was much less hyped. This shows me just how smart and biddable this girl is.

Then we had a lovely long walk. She wanted a dip in the stream (in November!) so she is obviously a waterbaby, I just wished she could have enjoyed more of a splash in warmer weather!

We passed many dogs today and one who really didn't like it, so he shouted a bit at Rubytues. She didn't bark back, she pulled a little towards the loud chap and then decided he was of no interest and went back to enjoying her walk.

She really is a smashing dog who is great company be it cuddling, playing fetch or walking. SO ready to settle into her forever home!

This is her on our second walk together

The other week she showed me she doesn't like muddy paths!

This shows her previously playing fetch with me being bouncy

This was her today learning to be calmer playing fetch - good girl!

Then heading out on our walk

Enjoying the stream but wanting to play fetch with the stick I would let her have!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
anne

Post by anne »

Jude thought that Rubytuesday would enjoy a social walk, so they set off ahead of Tommy and I today. Ruby was initially a little wary of Tommy but she soon settled and they had a lovely walk together.
tommyrubyt1DSCF0286.jpg
tommyrubyt2DSCF0288.jpg
tommyrubyt3DSCF0289.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Rubytues was an absolute little super star today thumbs.gif
I had an idea that Rubytues would like Tommy, he's such a calm and steady boy and such a fabulous influence, it didn't take long for Rubytues to relax and really enjoy his company love4.gif
Lots going on today but Rubytues took it all in her stride and absolutely loved sharing her walk with Tommy, he definitely gave her confidence and I'm going to say she may well have fallen for our handsome Tommy, towards the end of our walk she was stopping and waiting for him to catch up, so cute Kiss of love.gif
Angharadbp

Post by Angharadbp »

Ruby was very excited when I went to take her for a walk today and she couldn’t wait to go. She is a strong girl when she sees those squirrels. She didn’t react to any passers by or other dogs. She makes me laugh, everytime I’ve walked her she loves to role in the leaves. I’m looking forward to our next walk together
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

This was our first walk with Rubytues. What a gorgeous bouncy girl she is – full of energy! Getting her out of the kennel was relatively straight forward. It wasn’t really me walking her, it was more like her walking me …! She was a girl on a mission! Sniffing everything everywhere. We then spent a bit of time in the paddock with her. And she really liked her tennis balls!
20201209_152713s.jpg
Angharadbp

Post by Angharadbp »

Another walk with the lovely Ruby today. She was showing how clever she was and kept doing lots of tricks for treats. At the beginning she was so focused on sniffing around she didn’t respond to her name much but as we walked on and practiced she was looking at me every-time I said her name. She was also doing sit, stay and paw. She’s going to be the best companion when she finds her new home love4.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

The first time for me, meeting Ruby today. She had no problem with going into her kennel, and greeted me like an old friend. She was keen to get out, and she pulled for a while, till she calmed down. Ruby is much smaller than I had thought but she is a strong girl. I also noticed very quickly that she is a very intelligent girl, and knows her own mind. Ruby didn't react to passing traffic, including buses. Ruby marches on like she's on a mission, but is treat orientated, so I could get her attention for a bit then she's off again. I'm sure she is so happy to be having regular walks and takes everything in, with a joy that is lovely to see. Ruby is full of mischief in a fun way, full of fun and we had lots of that, splashing in the big puddles together. Cheeky girl who would like to be active and fully involved in everything, I'm sure love4.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Angharadbp

Post by Angharadbp »

I took Ruby out again today, I enjoy our weekly walks. She’s very strong to begin with, especially when seeing squirrels but after about 5 minutes she calms down slightly. Every-time we are out we practice some tricks, even a passer by today commented how clever she is. We tried heel today to stop her pulling so much and by the end of the walk she was walking by my side every-time I said the command. Kiss of love.gif
anne

Post by anne »

rubytues1DSCF0380.jpg
rubytues2DSCF0381.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Another walk with Ruby today and I found she wasn't as pully this time and walked very nicely for me. She spotted Georgie the cat leaving the kennels, and I think we all heard about that! Slightly hyped over the cat is an understatement :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: SO, we moved along 0002.gif]
The lucky girl then met Diane in the drive who was delivering her homemade liver cake, so Ruby showed her clever ways and the fastest bum to ground sit ever seen, so Diane obliged haha. Ruby is an absolute bundle of energy but when you can get her attention, she's a bright girl, with full on focus, so the right person looking to train her will enjoy her I'm sure.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Our Superb Staffies”