Chance Staffie DofB 06.02.18 Polegate

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Chance Staffie DofB 06.02.18 Polegate

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
chance1DSCF8785a.jpg
Chance's Story: Chance was found having been thrown out of a car and unclaimed within a Northern council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Chance is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Chance was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
chance2DSCF8782a.jpg
chance3DSCF8791a.jpg
chance4DSCF8786.jpg
chance5DSCF8800a.jpg
Chance's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: There is another Staffie in Sheffield Pound if you have space. I know you often say that if one is travelling you might as well take another one !!!! Not being pushy Lynne but I needed to ask. Margaret xx

Chance came into our Rescue on the 23th September 2020
ChanceYes.jpeg
ChanceYes1.jpeg
ChanceYes2.jpeg
Julieh

Re: Chance Staffie DofB 06.02.18 Sheffield Pound

Post by Julieh »

Chance has such a sad face 😔 not for long with RR support . Onwards and upwards beautiful Chance xx
Luella

Post by Luella »

Oh he looks so appealing. :goodluck.gif: in finding a home lovely boy
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

There I was, saying to Lynne we don't have as many Staffies these days, when along comes another one with an adorable "please love me" look. What a dear boy, I hope you look less scared very soon xxx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Oh Chance, welcome to the RR family, let's see if awe can turn that sad little face into a big happy Staffie smile xxx
anne

Re: Chance Staffie DofB 06.02.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

What a little stunner. Chance arrived today a bit bewildered and lost. He went for a walk down the lane with Lynne, Anna and James, had his new harness fitted and then enjoyed a quite wander around the woods with his new friends. I met them and had to take off my hat and crouch down to Chance's level to gain his confidence and after a few minutes he came up close to sniff me. He is desperate to trust but he is nervous and needs to take his time. Early days with RR and he will soon learn he is surrounded by love and affection.
chance6DSCF8812.jpg
chance7DSCF8798.jpg
chance9DSCF8779a.jpg
frankie

Post by frankie »

Handsome little man reminds me of my Nike . Hope his home comes soon xx
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting and going for a walk with Chance. He is still a little timid, and given the experience he has been through that is not at all surprising, but oh so gentle. I wasn't sure initially how he would walk on lead so we started around the rescue grounds but it was obvious very quickly that he doesn't pull, he looks up to you for direction and reassurance and he loves the woods, he wouldn't cross the bridges though, instead dropping down into the ditches they spanned and coming up the other side, luckily my leads were long enough to accommodate this without me having to follow suit!!. So off we set for a proper walk with me trying to think up a route that avoided all bridges. I thought I'd succeeded when we came across another one, and bless this little dog, he checked it out carefully and then was brave enough to cross it. Coming back I decided to take him out of the woods and cross the road to see how he is around traffic. He is a little worried right now, no reaction other than a slight shrinking in on self, but his tail went down and I constantly reassured him with my voice. Back in the woods and his tail was up again. To be honest, I can't wait to walk him again! Heart fill with love.gif]
xxlynne

Re: Chance Staffie DofB 06.02.18 Hayward's Heath W/E foster

Post by xxlynne »

Chance greeted me with anticipation going into his kennel yesterday and we were soon walking passed the other dogs off for a walk. However who was this?! Rebecca and Luke received a wonderful welcome and they took him for a get to know you walk...the last I saw of Chance was on his back receiving belly rubs and then he jumped into the back of the car and was off on weekend foster.
becca1984

Re: Chance Staffie DofB 06.02.18 Hayward's Heath W/E foster

Post by becca1984 »

Luke and I picked up Chance yesterday for his weekend foster with us. What a friendly, lovely boy he is!

He is nervous of all sorts of things (oven, dishwasher, a fisherman with his equipment, sudden movements) but has quickly learnt to trust us and settled quite quickly. He's a bit over cautious but is settling well here.

He walks so nicely on the lead, not pulling and checking back that we are still there. We went for a nice long walk yesterday and finished at a pub where he didn't mind waiting whilst we had a drink- he is a very patient dog and very well behaved out in public. He didn't mind waiting outside the shop with Luke whilst I went inside, he waited nicely in the car when I got petrol, etc. He's such a good dog.

Chance loves our big garden and likes to tear up and down and comes running back to us for reassurance before going back down into the garden.

Chance prefers to lay by my feet than to sit on the sofa--I'm not sure that's something he is used to. He will roll around on the sofa and have a tummy rub and then slide off to lay on the floor.

He loves to play but is still young and acts puppyish in his play- mouthing etc, but he responds to 'no' /ignoring really well and is getting better in just 24 hours.

We had one bit of marking his territory in the house when he arrived and one more since, but all other toileting has been outside.

Chance was amazing in the night. We thought we would try him in his bed on the landing. We put our indoor security camera on the windowsill and could watch him- he was such a good boy. He went downstairs a few times but soon settled on his bed and there he stayed for the night. No scratching or whining. We let him outside once when we got up in the night and he then slept on the landing until 8am when we got up! He was very happy to see us in the morning and greeted us with a wagging tail and lots of cuddles.

He sits/lays nicely in the boot of the car on car journeys and seems to quite enjoy it.
He takes treats gently and offers you his paw.
He greets dogs nicely on walks (but seems a little scared of some).

Chance loved the car boot sale today and didn't mind all the people and dogs. He walked nicely and waited by each stall patiently and got lots of attention. We kept him away from other dogs and then a lady let her little dog come over and sniff him and Chance was sniffing back and wagging his tail.

We had a walk around Ardingly Reservoir today and Chance was an angel en route in the car and during the walk. Lots of off lead dogs approached him and he greeted them all nicely when they came over to him.

When you stroke him and then stop, he offers you his paw to continue. He's absolutely adorable. He likes to follow us around the house... I like having a little shadow again!

When you go to put his harness on, he bows and barks at you in excitement. He also occasionally barks at you when playing in the garden, in an excited, playful way. He stops when you tell him no (I.e When you need to put his harness on).

When eating, he looks up to check we are still there and wags his tail as we stroke him when he is eating.

Chance is currently asleep under my feet as he's a bit worn out!

I can't see him staying at the Rescue for very long. He's a fantastic dog.
IMG-20200926-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20200926-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20200926-WA0039.jpg
IMG-20200927-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20200927-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20200927-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20200927-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20200926-WA0041.jpg
Never stop doing little things for others; sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”