Betty Staffie DofB 12.05.12 - 06.11.23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
lainey29

Re: Betty Staffie DofB 12.05.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by lainey29 »

Took Betty out today for a lovely walk, on entering her kennel she is just the sweetest girl, happy to put her harness on and I managed to put her muzzle on today, although she wasn’t too impressed lol.gif We headed off to the woods and although she tried to remove her muzzle along the way she was very well behaved and we did happen to bump into an off lead dog but she continued nicely with our walk all be it she did keep her eye on them and kept looking back to see where they went. On returning back to kennels we had some paddock time and so the muzzle was removed and we played some fetch with the tennis ball 🎾 Betty just loves to be around people and we both enjoyed our time together Kiss of love.gif
Hannydub

Post by Hannydub »

We took Betty for a walk with her muzzle on today, we haven't always had her wear it on our walks, as we walk into the village where there is a very low risk of off lead dogs but she needed practice so we tried it out. She is always so good at getting her harness and leads on for a walk, but was obviously feeling a little impatient with the addition of the muzzle, Once on and out, she did try to get it off a few times, but overall she was really good with it!! So much so that when we got back to kennels, we took it off her so she could enjoy some sausages as a treat for being such a good girl. Love you Betty. She has always been so perfect with us, on all our walks, that I don't understand how she hasn't been snapped up already!
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Betty was an absolute star today. I used the black muzzle, not her old one, and she was a different dog. This muzzle fits better and suits her more. She also can't remove it. Betty accepted this muzzle very well and we had the best walk in a while and she was much happier. Betty is excellent around horses on her walks and she sat nicely on a narrow path while three went past, receiving compliments from the riders. Beautiful Betty I hope your home finds you soon xxx
IRS20210328_135105.jpg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Betty is being such a good girl accepting a muzzle at her time of life. She is certainly happier with the new black version, and although she does still try to remove it a couple of times (she isn't able to) she is so good when you tell her to leave it, and we had a lovely walk together, she is particularly happy that it is possible to have the odd biscuit with this muzzle on! Betty doesn't really take much notice of other dogs on her walks and she is very easily distracted with a treat if you feel she is getting a bit concerned about approaching canines. She is being taught to walk with a muzzle because she really doesn't like off lead dogs getting in her face, and unfortunately all too often off lead dogs do not return to their owners when called (a £ for every person that says to me 'they usually come straight back!"). Betty is a very gentle girl who loves her humans, enjoys her walks, and would so like a comfy sofa to cuddle on. :smiley-chores002.gif:
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Betty was on top form today. Always a friendly greeting in her kennel for me. Absolutely well behaved on our walk, she ignored other dogs and let horses pass quietly. I would absolutely say Betty is muzzle trained now, she walks well in the black muzzle. Betty is a fairly sedate walk, even when some squirrels were scampering around, she made no lunge towards them and walked on after having a quick look. After our walk, I took Betty to the paddock for some muzzle free play. We had some lovely cuddles and good natured play. Beautiful Betty, you are a gem, even if you are a bit cheeky Kiss of love.gif
IRS20210404_134536.jpg
IRS20210404_134512.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Betty was a super well behaved girl again today, anyone wanting an easy to walk dog, Betty is waiting! It is very easy to get Betty's attention on a walk if you want to allow other dogs to pass, as she will sit and look at you, focused, until they move away. In fact, Betty will do anything for a treat or attention 0002.gif] Betty has had a small lump removed recently and this has healed nicely and Betty is looking in tip top condition. I'd love to see Betty on her own sofa very soon bighug.gif
Hannydub

Post by Hannydub »

Betty was so well behaved today. She is so good at getting her harness and muzzle on now, and walks so well with them. We passed a few walkers and dogs, and with a wide berth she barely reacts. She will just sit and stare, and maybe pull a little but is easily distracted. She seemed desperate to eat grass through her muzzle today, so when we took her back to kennels we had a little play in the paddock so she could have a little waddle around without a muzzle and eat some grass un obstructed. We then went and had some cuddles on the bench, which she LOVED. She jumps straight up to snuggle in next to you. You can so imagine her snuggling up on a sofa with you in front of the tele!! The stitches on her side from where she had her lump removed seem to be healing nicely and she doesn't seem bothered by it at all. We really made a point of appreciating our time with Betty today, as we assume with new walkers soon to start coming back we will lose our weekly dates with her, because she is SO easy to walk. She is the perfect 'intro to walking' dog, so we are going to enjoy these cuddles whilst we can. Hopefully it won't be long before she finds her forever home. She so deserves one and although we will miss her, we will happily give up our weekly walks if we know she is snug and warm in her own home, with her own sofa and human to snuggle up to.
image3.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg
lainey29

Post by lainey29 »

I had a lovely walk with Betty today thumbs.gif she was ever so good at getting her harness on and eventually her muzzle lol.gif She walks so well with slack leads, which for me at the moment with my knee is a god send, she is just a delight to walk :smiley-chores002.gif: On our walk she was not bothered by her muzzle only stopping a couple of times for treats , she does sit so patiently positivo1.gif, Once back at the kennels it’s a visit into the paddock minus the muzzle for a game of fetch and cuddles.
Betty is a dream to walk and a beauty at that and definitely deserves a forever home 🏠 Kiss of love.gif
6DFDDD59-DEF3-4CA4-810C-DC0AD780FBFD.jpeg
72DD00F4-4A46-40B8-B8D6-1AABEA607581.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I walked beautiful Betty yesterday, who was rocking it in her smart black muzzle that she now wears quite happily for her walks. She is really pleased to know that little gravy biscuit bones can be slipped in for her to have a munch even when she is wearing it! Betty has learnt very quickly to accept her muzzle and the reason the decision was made to teach her is because she really doesn't like off lead dogs rushing up into her face (quite understandable, she's not a spring chicken any more) and the muzzle protects her and them. Yes I know people shouldn't allow their dogs to rush up to other dogs, particularly when the other dog is on a lead, but we all know they do! So Betty and I had a lovely walk through the woods in the sunshine and then came back to the paddock for a play. I just had to take some photos because she is so gorgeous. I just cannot understand why this lovely girl has not been gathered up by a staffie loving family who recognise a poppet where they see one. k2727.gif
Here I come
Here I come
Rolling with my tennis ball
Rolling with my tennis ball
7302988C-2282-46F8-AEEC-785CF89E5184.jpeg
Big grin
Big grin
1E7A66E6-D0CD-4FE1-B8FB-05A2BF0D4A07.jpeg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I was greeted by a super excited Betty today, she literally cuddled me when I went into her kennel. As usual, another lovely walk with our gorgeous girl and I cannot fault her. The paddock was occupied today so we sat in the bench outside in the sun for a bit. Well, I sat in the bench and Betty sat on me then kindly washed my face for me 0002.gif] She had a lovely roll in the grass and allowed me to give her a good belly rub. I'd love to see Betty find her own sofa soon love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”