Raffie Staffie DofB 10.10 Chessington

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Raffie Staffie DofB 10.10 Chessington

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
jaffi1DSCF7285a.jpg
Raffie's Story: Raffie is a sensitive Staffie and needs company and support if fireworks or thunder sound a sunder! Must be kept on lead as has become choosy with dogs, hence owner has surrendered him. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Raffie is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Raffie is to boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
jaffi2DSCF7282.jpg
jaffi3DSCF7279.jpg
jaffi4DSCF7268.jpg
jaffi5DSCF7273.jpg
jaffiADSCF7322.jpg
jaffiBDSCF7328.jpg
Raffie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Raffie (Raphael) is a white 9 year old Staffordshire bull (10 in October) with a loving and friendly temperament who loves to cuddle and be close to his human. Would prefer to be the only dog. Raffie also has no experience of being around young children and has always been in an adult only household.
Raffie has separation anxiety and sometimes will have accidents indoors - both wee and poo.
Raffie is frightened of fireworks and loud noises and becomes extremely anxious. At these times he will attempt to find the smallest hole to squeeze into so that he feels safe.
Raffie loves to play with sticks and enjoys long walks. Raffi has changed in temperament around other dog, Raffie must now kept on his lead. Raffie is always excited to see his owner and will jump up to greet them.
Raffie.jpg
Raffie1.jpg
Raffie4.jpg

KathrynG

Re: Raffie Staffie DofB 10.10 Gatwick Kenns

Post by KathrynG »

I was told Raffie was a lovely boy so I was looking forward to walking him on Sunday.
On greeting him in his kennel, Raffie was very friendly and affectionate. He was eager to get going but I had no problems clipping the leads on.
Once out of the block, I could tell he was quite strong but he was totally manageable. He took the lead through the woods with Peaches following but was perfectly happy with her behind us. We then came across Teddy and Tigga on their walk and he behaved perfectly, no reactions or excessive pulling - just an eager little staffy boy.
Whilst out we saw a member of the public with an off lead dog, and although Raffie calmly sat and waited to one side, we asked them to put the dog on the lead just to be on the safe side. No issues whatsoever, he behaved brilliantly and was easy to distract with a sausage.
After our walk we went to the paddock. He had a little run about with the ball and then was happy to chill, enjoying some fuss and belly rubs.
Lovely, friendly boy, really hope to walk him next week if he's still around thumbs.gif
Attachments
20200727_150238.jpg
20200727_150125.jpg

Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Absolutely beautiful 💕

anne

Post by anne »

Raffie is wonderful. On entering his kennel I got a full body staffie wiggle as he came over for cuddles. He is the most delightful, affectionate boy. We headed out, first for his photoshoot and then for a little explore around the woods. He can be a bit pulley on the lead but this was just his enthusiasm and excitement of being out and some pent up energy too. I am sure with longer walks and some off lead play in the paddock he will relax more on the lead. A very friendly, typical staffie treasure. love4.gif
jaffi6DSCF7264.jpg
jaffi7DSCF7267.jpg
jaffi8DSCF7283.jpg

Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Gorgeous looking boy , and such a gentle face .bless him hope he’s snapped up soon 🥰

anne

Post by anne »

Raffie enjoyed some play in the paddock this morning and then flopped himself down in the shade to rest. Then we had a lovely shady walk through the woods and ended up at the picnic bench, where the staff were having lunch, so he flopped himself down underneath.
jaffi1DSCF7320a.jpg
jaffi2DSCF7321.jpg
jaffi3DSCF7324.jpg
jaffi4DSCF7326.jpg
jaffi5DSCF7327.jpg
jaffi6DSCF7330.jpg

KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Gorgeous boy Raffi accompanied me on a taster walk with David on Sunday and he was such a star the whole time. There were quite a few people, bikes and other dogs about but he was so good, altho he can be quite strong, he didn't react at all and sat and waited to one side when asked. It was quite a hot day so he had a little potter in the stream and then after our walk a chillout and belly rub in the paddock.
Raffi is a great little staffy who I really enjoy walking but hope and can't imagine he won't be in kennels long.

Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Very glad to see little Raffie reserved !

I met Raffie for the first time today and he was such a good boy, very sweet and friendly...we went for a walk in the shade as it was quite hot and had a lovely time, we went past a greyhound quite close and there was no reaction at all, he was just happy to be out and about, he's quite a small boy, so very controllable out and about and very good looking ! :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: Heart fill with love.gif]
Gorgeous Raffi ! Your knight in shining white armour !
Gorgeous Raffi ! Your knight in shining white armour !

xxlynne

Re: Raffie Staffie DofB 10.10 Chessington

Post by xxlynne »

Crystal and her son Dorian came very excited to meet Raffie today I witnessed the smiles ...Raffie will be so happy tonight

anne

Re: Raffie Staffie DofB 10.10 Chessington

Post by anne »

raffiDSCF7388.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”