Diego Staffie DofB 09.16 Romford Essex

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Diego Staffie DofB 09.16 Romford Essex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
diego6DSCF4420.jpg
Diego's Story: Diego has a chequered early period with people who hit him. He was taken on by a couple you cared for him the best their circumstances allowed. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Diego is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Diego was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
diego1DSCF4806a.jpg
diego2DSCF4813.jpg
diego3DSCF4823a.jpg
digo4DSCF4832.jpg
diego6DSCF2861.jpg
Diego's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Family approached us as they don't feel they can offer Diego all he deserves. Lives on a raw diet and enjoys 2 walks a day always on lead.

Diego comes 12th January 20
Diego4.jpeg
Diego1.jpeg
B2383FE9-FBCA-459F-A397-DEC6700FEFDD.jpeg
6EC0ACC6-105C-4731-961B-AA91699C48C1.jpeg

anne

Re: Diego Staffie DofB 09.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Diego is fabulous. I had the pleasure of meeting him today and he wowed me straight away. He is a little nervous in his new surroundings and was a little unsure how to react to me coming into his kennel. He came over to take a treat and sniff me, then backed off. I uttered the magic word 'walkies' and his head came up and his eyes lit up, so I picked up his lead and off we went. Diego walked at a nice comfortable pace on the lead, enjoying the chance to have a good sniff around. He was happy to follow my direction and we shared a lovely first walk. Love this boy. love4.gif love4.gif
diego5DSCF2854a.jpg
diegoADSCF2864a.jpg
diego2DSCF2860.jpg
diego3DSCF2856.jpg
diego4DSCF2853.jpg

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

372389E2-F676-43D7-B411-F895771877FD.jpeg
Diego is a pudding - a solid little staffie with a rather rotund midriff - maybe due to his love of sausages! He was slightly wary of me entering his kennel but a sausage or two soon won him over. Once he knows you mean him no harm, he’s your friend. We went for a lovely walk, his tail was up, the sun was shining on us, I chatted away telling him what a good boy he was being. He listens well, waited when I asked him to, and stepped away from the road when I told him uh uh. We had a short cuddle in the poets hut - and again on the chairs outside the kennels. Xx

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

i met Diego coming back from his walk with Anne on Friday - just had to get some photos in the sunshine :D
DSC09110.JPG
DSC09111.JPG
DSC09112.JPG

welcome Diego, handsome dude Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Soooo handsome, I couldn't resist a few more ...
DSC09114.JPG
DSC09119.JPG
and with Anne love4.gif
DSC09118.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

Diego is suuuuch a handsome boy! 😍 I bumped into him with Corrina walking today. He is a petite Staffie but quite chunky with a stunning head and perfect little ears 😍

I knelt down and offer him my hand and a treat and Diego was immediately my pal 😁 he enjoyed a couple of snacks and some scratches before pottering off on his walk with Corrina 💓
IMG_20200126_150052.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200126150142803_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200126150146800_COVER.jpg
Volunteer as a walker with us! --> http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk/walking/
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)

anne

Post by anne »

Diego is so scrummy. Handsome, chunky boy, a little lost in kennels but settling and enjoying his walks. He is undemanding, just taking life at his own pace, investigating his surroundings, nibbling on the fresh cleaver plants and generally being a delightful walking companion.
diego1DSCF3028.jpg
diego2DSCF3031.jpg

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Diego is a gem. The change in him in the last few weeks is incredible - he’s an absolute joy. He welcomes me in to his kennel, waggy tail, calm as a cucumber. No reaction at all to the other dogs - takes it all in his stride. He walked brilliantly with Eddie (Jack Russel) and Roco (patterdale). We kept them a safe distance apart, Diego taking his telling off from Eddie in good grace when he got too close for Eddies liking. My pic isn’t the best of Diego but I wanted to show what a happy boy he is - his tail was wagging so much it’s all blurry. Xx
BB6C71A3-32EE-42E2-932A-92C3A4F64C6E.jpeg

anne

Post by anne »

Diego certainly is a gem. He walked with Frankie (dog) this morning, happily trotting behind, doing his own thing. Diego is a plodder and sniffer kind of dog, never in a rush, just taking life at a gentle pace. love4.gif
diego1DSCF3171.jpg
diego2DSCF3172.jpg
diego3DSCF3173a.jpg

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I enjoyed my second walk with Diego on Friday and he really is an absolutely cracking dog.
Diego was first on my list, so leads on and off we set. Diego had other ideas though, he'd spotted breakfast being dished out and was absolutely going nowhere until he'd had his! So back we went, leads unclipped and I left Diego enjoying his food. This boy is super smart and oh how he made me smile thumbs.gif
Our second attempt was much more successful. Diego is such a lovely, steady boy and an absolute delight to spend time with. He is very much a sniffer, taking everything in on his walk, stopping every now and again to have a chomp on some grass. I swear we stopped for a good 10 minutes whilst Diego enjoyed the greenery, I took this opportunity to give Diego an ear rub and tell him what an amazing and handsome boy he is.
I get the feeling that Diego doesn't know how fabulous he is, I kept telling him on our walk and he just looked a little confused. So I really look forward to spending time with this amazing boy and seeing him flourish In the care of RR Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”