Tommy Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Tommy Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:16 pm

Current Status: Under Assessment
tommy1DSCF1300a.jpg
Tommy's Story: Tommy was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Kent council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Tommy is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Tommy is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
tommy2DSCF1294.jpg
tommy3DSCF1290.jpg
tommy4DSCF1301a.jpg
tommy5DSCF1309.jpg
Tommy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Mark, a close friend of the our Rescue asked us if we could help Tommy who he had saved from being put to sleep this morning. The Transporter Simon was on his way to save him and was able to deliver... we agreed to take Tommy in and offer him safety

Tommy came into our Rescue 05.11.19

anne

Re: Tommy Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Tommy is a typical, friendly staffie boy. On entering his kennel, I knelt down and was immediately rewarded with cuddles. He was a little wriggly while I faffed about fitting him with a new harness and he was then keen to get out and about. He is a little nervous and bewildered to be in new surroundings but will gravitate towards people and was making friends with everyone he saw this morning.
tommy6DSCF1286.jpg
tommy7DSCF1283.jpg
tommy8DSCF1289.jpg
tommy9DSCF1311a.jpg
tommy10DSCF1316.jpg

Gman45

Post by Gman45 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:49 pm

Heart fill with love.gif]

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Wow he won’t be waiting long 🥰

anne

Post by anne » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Tommy enjoyed a social walk with Hadley this morning. He seems calm and relaxed around other dogs and he is such an easy boy to walk with. He just trots along happily, checking out new smells and leaving his calling card every so often. He listens and responds to my voice and is happy to go anywhere you want to go and explore.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

RosC

Post by RosC » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:31 pm

I walked Tommy today and he is even more beautiful in the flesh than in his pictures. He is very affectionate and loves a cuddle and a fuss.
Walks beautifully on the lead, no pulling. Poor boy is desperate to be out of kennels so really hope that his new family come along soon. Tommy met several of the other walkers and charmed each and every one!
I think I may have yet another favourite to add to my list love4.gif

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Yep I was one of the other walkers charmed by Tommy. He is a dinky old school staff terrier, so affectionate, loves a cuddle. love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

anne

Post by anne » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:27 pm

Tommy loves a canine companion to share his walk, in fact he gives him confidence and he struts along quite happily. Today he walked with Toby and they walked beautifully together, calm, happy and sharing the occasional close up moment.

RosC

Post by RosC » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:28 pm

Tommy is a friendly chap and loves saying hello and getting a fuss. Today me and Sarah walked him up the lane and round the road before heading back across the common. He is not bothered by traffic but is not so keen on deep mud but a bit of tip toeing along the grass verges got him past the worst of it!

RosC

Post by RosC » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:26 pm

Me and Corrina walked Tommy and Marv this morning and the two dogs enjoyed each others company. Tommy was very well behaved and followed Marv and seemed to want to be friends.
Tommy quite likes a fuss and a cuddle once out. He usually sits nicely for treats although he was quite taken with Corrina's sausages and jumped up rather than waiting for them! 0002.gif]

Return to “Our Superb Staffies (Staffierescue.co.uk)”