anne

Re: Ronnie Staffie DofB 09.2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

love4.gif
ronnie1DSCF0881.jpg

anne

Post by anne »

Ronnie just wants to be out and about exploring. He is stressed in kennels but relaxes immediately we head away from the kennels and he is fun to be with. He does not take a lot of notice of other dogs and we passed a couple of horses and riders yesterday which did not faze him at all. I stopped in the woods and shared some treats with him and was rewarded with cuddles. Ronnie does not appreciate too much fuss so it is a privilege when he physically connects with you. I was sitting on a fallen tree trunk and Ronnie put his paws up on my lap and indicated it was treat sharing time. love4.gif
Ronnie is still young with energy to burn and love to give. He needs somewhere he can settle, relax and feel safe. We need to put a smile on his face again.
ronnie1DSCF1179.jpg
ronnieDSCF1180.jpg

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Omg that last photo Anne!!!! love4.gif
I like Ronnie, he reminds me of Dylan. Yes Ronnie is stressed in kennels and there is a knack to getting him out as he will door dash but as previously mentioned, he just wants to be outside and away from it all. Ronnie is a nice dog to walk, he doesn't pull and he doesn't connect with you straight away, but he will after a time, you just need to let him do his own thing and respect that. He can be a bit stubborn if he decides he'd rather go a different way but I think he was choosing a path he was familiar with and made him more comfortable. No negative response to any other dogs today, he just ignored them. Hang in there Ronnie, nice home soon I hope.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I (Geoff) walked Ronnie today. Quite noisy in kennels, desperate to get out (escape artist), but once out he did not want to go too far from the kennels. We went around in a couple of big circles, and eventually found our way to the poets hut, where we had wonderful cuddles, tummy tickles and staffie love.
A delightful loving boy, but he did not get as much exercise as I planned today!!!

RosC

Post by RosC »

I really love Ronnie and walk him most weeks although I have been a bit bad at updating his thread!
Last week Ronnie didn't want to go too far so we just went through the woods and then had a cuddle in the poets hut which he really seemed to enjoy. This week Ronnie was back on form and we had a lovely long walk. We caught up with Ruby being walked by Lisa and followed her at a distance for a while until she disappeared up a different path to us.
It was nice to see Ronnie enjoying being out and about on the common again. He is not keen on being in the kennels and needs his forever home to come along soon thumbs.gif

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Ronnie is a different boy away from his kennel. He is affectionate, walks brilliantly, and is very smart.....dare I say even a bit of a show off!!! I’ve been doing some light training with him off lead in the paddock - sit and wait which he is good at but he’s now added a full body spin of his own accord!!! Ros and I got lots of cuddles and he offered us his paw without being asked. Ronnie strikes me as an insecure little man who thrives on positive words, kindness and a little bit of patience. Xx
1864FEBB-1171-4731-81C4-46A03FE1E52F.jpeg
C12412F8-3DF1-4A18-8121-1D3202368F9E.jpeg
50F176B8-B421-40F6-AE21-2C7D0F29DE5C.jpeg
9A43814C-1492-4B80-BE3A-1E4B7B3E2EB5.jpeg

RosC

Post by RosC »

I walked Ronnie again today and as always he was very well behaved. Ronnie loves to walk alongside another dog and today we walked with Sarah and Boysie. The two dogs seemed to enjoy each others' company. W
e had a lovely time and it was a shame to take him back to his kennel. Hopefully Ronnie's forever home will come along soon :crossfingers.gif:

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Ronnie easily made friends with another walker Stuart yesterday. Stuart thought he was lovely. Ronnie is a pleasure to walk, sometimes a little unsure and puts the brakes on but a few kind words and jogging for 10 seconds does the trick - he’s soon persuaded he has nothing to be worried about and happily moves on. He likes to be told what a good boy he is and really does thrive on praise. Love him to bits. X
69623FEE-000B-4D2B-9417-E942B23B6031.jpeg

RosC

Post by RosC »

Ronnie had a great walk today. He is quite an affectionate boy once he is out and about and likes the interaction with his walkers. Lovely young boy who is stressed in the kennels so needs a responsible family to come along for him love4.gif

anne

Post by anne »

Ronnie spent some lovely time out with his best buddie, Corrina this morning.
ronnie1DSCF2580.jpg
ronnie2DSCF2582.jpg
ronnie3DSCF2586a.jpg
here he is showing how he does tricks for treats. He is very intelligent and very focussed on his tricks and he clearly loves doing it
ronnie4DSCF2588.jpg
ronnie5DSCF2587.jpg

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
zoomies.....
ronnie6DSCF2591a.jpg
....and cuddles in the poets hut...
ronnie7DSCF2596.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”