Ronnie Staffie DofB 2017 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Ronnie Staffie DofB 2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Current Status: Available
ronnie1DSCF9746a.jpg
Ronnie's Story: Ronnie was owned by a drug addict and taken on my his partner. She is now pregnant and Ronnie is quite highly strung and doesn't cope with too much change and hasnt been around babies or very young children. Ronnie was booked in to be put to sleep and a Rescue friend alerted us if we could help Ronnie. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Ronnie is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Ronnie is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
ronnie2DSCF9723.jpg
ronnie3DSCF9727.jpg
ronnie4DSCF9735a.jpg
Ronnie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 21.09.19: "Hi A, sorry to bother you so late. We’ve just had a client ring in wanting to put his 2 year old staffie to sleep as a last resort as he’s boisterous and hasn’t had proper training. Can be a bit nippy and mouthy but hasn’t ever bitten properly. His partner is pregnant and he doesn’t want to risk it. He used to belong to his partners ex boyfriend who was a drug addict. He’s tried contacting multiple rescues up and down the country himself and none are able to help. The guy was sobbing down the phone to me but just doesn’t want to risk it, especially when a baby comes into the mix. It sounds like they don’t really have the time for him now so would only be worse when the baby comes, wanting attention etc. I was just wondering if you’d be able to help us at all? He doesn’t really want to PTS but says he’s just left with no other option” S&S
Ronnie is two and entire. Owner says he barks at other dogs and some people. He’s not chipped and only had puppy vaxes.

anne

Re: Ronnie Staffie DofB 2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:03 pm

Ronnie is a very typical staffie. He arrived bursting with energy so I took him off for a long walk and as he walked he relaxed more. We were accompanied by Louise walking Tiggie who is a little nervous around other dogs but Ronnie showed polite body language and put Tiggie at ease, turning away from him if he was getting agitated. Ronnie however does like his space and will bark if dogs get too close to him. Ronnie enjoyed exploring along his walk, stopping frequently to have a good old sniff and leave his mark. Ronnie greeted several staff and volunteers in the car park with enthusiasm but he would prefer a quick hello and then to move on. He is a very handsome chap, looking very healthy with a wonderful shiny brindle coat and the biggest of staffie smiles.
ronnie5DSCF9740.jpg
ronnie6DSCF9733.jpg

anne

Post by anne » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:11 pm

Ronnie and I set off for a long walk this morning. He is a happy, busy, little explorer, loving being out and about, so I gave him the full length of my long leads which allowed him to scoot here and there, sniffing and snuffling, while I walked in a straight line. He was the perfect companion to go off and explore a new path which he really enjoyed. Ronnie passed other dogs without fuss, listened and responded well to my voice and although he is not particularly ready for cuddles and fuss yet, I felt he was really connecting with me. Ronnie was not at all bothered by the rain and I was impressed to see that he had waited until we were out of his kennel before he did his toileting.

anne

Post by anne » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:19 am

Ronnie is a delightful boy. He makes the very most of his time out and is such a fun walking companion. When I say Ronnie is a busy, little explorer this is what I mean...…..

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Ronnie enjoyed a walk this morning then jumped into the dog mobile with ease. In the vets he wasnt everso happy with the prospect of an injection so we muzzled him and he accepted the inevitable. Ronnie was neutered, chipped and vaccinted today and was happy to jump back in his transport at the end of the day and sleeep of his day after another lovely walk in the woods.

RosC

Post by RosC » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:41 pm

Ronnie is such a friendly little boy - a real character!
We enjoyed a lovely walk today and I wish I had taken him to the paddock as after stopping for a cuddle and a face wash from Ronnie he was play bowing in front of me, and darting around, really trying to play a game which unfortunately we couldn't with him on his lead. He enjoys a fuss and a cuddle and passed other dogs without a fuss. Can't wait to walk him again if he is still around love4.gif

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:32 pm

Ros said " Ive given you Ronnie to walk because you will love him" well you weren't wrong there Ros!
Ronnie reminds me of Dylan, a proper staffie boy with staffie energy, affection and chunkiness. He has the most beautiful chocolate brindle coat and is just beautiful. Ronnie will try to dash out of the kennel, he is so keen to get out with you. He walked lovely on the lead, with no pulling, and wasn't reactive at all, with any dogs we passed. He just wagged his tail. He wasn't connected very much initially, he just wanted to get on with his walk and seemed a bit nervous and alert, but as we walked, he relaxed and became more focused on me. I took him to the paddock where he did mad zoomies and got quite excited, but I calmed him and we had some cuddles and a play. Very nice boy who needs someone special to love and adore him.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:14 pm

I felt very privileged that Ros let me walk Ronnie today as he’s such a smashing little lad she must have a queue of people wanting to take him out. Ronnie doesn’t like kennels very and so is always very keen for any opportunity to get out. He was a good boy though and let me hold onto his harness whilst we sorted the leads out and then we were off. Ronnie walks well, no pulling just lots of sniffing and the odd wee to say “I woz ere”. Ronnie is such a happy Lad who loves everything. He’s not bothered by other dogs, loves walks and really loves cuddles. Could you be his forever home ?
Attachments
E027CD43-F598-4DDE-A017-9B8176FEF9B9.jpeg

anne

Post by anne » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:33 am

I love this energetic, fun little lad. He is keen to get out of his kennel but we have thwarted his door dashing by entering his kennel first and then letting him through. He then waits while you attach leads and he is off on his adventure. Ronnie loves his walks, he sniffs and marks, scooting around making sure he has not missed a thing. Such joy and enthusiasm is infectious.

anne

Post by anne » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:02 am

Ronnie has become one of my favourite dogs to take for a walk. I love his enthusiasm. He is a proper little explorer, dashing here and there, sniffing, snuffling, leaving his mark, tail wagging furiously the whole time. He is great at listening and is happy to go anywhere and everywhere. He pauses to give me time to clamber up on bridges and over stiles. We went on a longer walk yesterday, partly along the road. Ronnie was not bothered by traffic, even some big lorries which passed up, covering us in spray. Ronnie is not bothered by the rain either, he just loves being out with you. love4.gif

Return to “Our Superb Staffies (Staffierescue.co.uk)”