Princess Staffie x DofB 2008 12th August 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
pits

Re: Princess Staffie x DofB 2008 Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

Princess the Staffie cross may be older, but she still has loads of life and love to give, she deserves a warm home to enjoy right now, not kennels.
princesssmall.jpg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Princess is a very special lady who should be treated as a Princess. She's an older girl and her special humons will need to look out for her to keep her safe, as all she just wants is a nice quiet life - a good cuddle, a little walk, a secure garden and a lovely comfy bed.
Princess.jpg
Princess 2.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Such a lovely girl love4.gif
I cannot wait to see Princess in the most amazing forever home, she so deserves is Kiss of love.gif
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Princess came over to the house for the day today. She jumped into the dog crate in the boot easily (estate car height) and settled straight away. It wasn't a long drive and she didn't make a sound, just laid down and when stopped at lights she sometimes popped her head up to look out the back. Once parked up she let me attach the leads and wondered where she was - we walked locally, didn't meet any people or dogs, but she did spy a squirrel which meant she stopped in her tracks. At the grass area she found the only fallen branch and soon made it into kindling.

At the house and she was keen to go in …. did stop for wipe down, but it was a me working around her (she knows sit, but not sure if she knows paw?). Once in the front room, Princess became puppy Princess taking each toy out of the box and playing happily with it …. come over to you and wanting you to want to take it. 0002.gif]
Princess.jpg
Princess then decided she wanted to lay close on the sofa, but wiggling on her back she kept falling off (the two seater sofa didn't seem big enough) so she settled on the floor (she is not a loud snorer)
Princess 3.jpg
We went into the garden for a play and I found she really does like branches, she seemed to think the cherry TREE should not be in the ground (luckily I was able to be distracted with a tennis ball).

Overall Princess was very easy to have in the house, she's keen to be with you, but also happy to play while you do your thing for a bit, but also loves attention. We had regular trips outside and her house training seems intact. It was lovely to see her switch between play and R&R.
Princess 2.jpg
She also mastered her sleeping on the sofa by the end of the day, but she had more of the sofa than me 0002.gif]
Princess 4.jpg
Daviddogwalk

Post by Daviddogwalk »

5DE4798A-EAEE-4C69-A508-6811B53F82FA.jpeg
IMG_20191103_123253_1_opt.jpg
Spent a lovely autumnal morning with the golden Princess. A gentle walk and then some playtime checking shredded basketballs for her royal seal of approval. Great company and so well-behaved.
2ABF18E0-E2ED-4506-8537-5391DC312E95.jpeg
bailey96

Post by bailey96 »

I picked Princess up yesterday afternoon. We had a little play in the paddock before walking to my house.

She was incredibly curious on arrival and had a thorough sniff around all the rooms I took her into. Very methodical lady!

Princess is a very effective supervisor, particularly in the kitchen:
princess kitchen forum.jpg
and she was intrigued by my piano practise:
princess supervising forum.jpg
Once she realised that my headphones weren't going to eat me, she settled beautifully and dozed until dinner time.

We had a wonderful surprise visit from Shay, another RR walker who adores Princess -
princess and shay forum.jpg
Overall a lovely day and night with a lovely lady. Princess is a big snoozer but is a big fan of playing with tennis balls when she's awake. As I type this, she's snoring on her mat on my bedroom floor with a big smile on her face. Gorgeous, peaceful dog and an absolute dream in the home - gentle with my housemates, doesn't chew anything other than her tennis balls, perfectly toilet trained, perfect manners at meal times (will sit and wait for her food).

Somebody needs to get this beautiful girl out of kennels for good. She loves being in a warm house!
princess sleeping forum.jpg
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Princess looked so happy to be going home with you yesterday Hannah but came over to me for the all important treat of course, thank you for giving her a bit of respite. Such a sweet little girl and a great house guest by the looks. Lets hope her home will come soon. Heart fill with love.gif]
bailey96

Post by bailey96 »

Princess slumber party part 2!

Good morning...
1 princess stretch.jpg
Princess is incredibly low maintenance. All she needs is food, water, a comfy mat on the floor (I offered her my bed but the jump up and down is a bit much for her!), a few chances to stretch her legs, and lots of love.

For walkies, we popped up to the uni because I needed to do some printing. Princess was immediately very comfortable and was keen to make friends with everyone around - everyone loved meeting her as well! She adores people and cuddles.
1 princess SU.jpg
1 princess and lexi.jpg
It started raining as we were heading home. She sat beautifully and leaned into the towel for cuddles as I dried her off when we got back inside.

She then did a fantastic job supervising my flatmates as they made cupcakes. I'm sure she wanted to taste test, just to be extra sure, but she was very respectful and stood in the corner of the kitchen. She looked very, very curious though!

Princess is a glorious girlie. Love her a lot <3
1 princess puppy eyes.jpg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

k2727.gif what a great update and wonderful to see her having a well deserved rest with you.
X
bailey96

Post by bailey96 »

Princess slumber party part 3...

This lady is really starting to show her personality! She knows that I'm not the fastest at making my tea and coffee in the morning, so she comes into the kitchen, sees me get my mugs, and she goes back into my room to sleep for a couple more minutes.

She blesses me again with her presence when it's actually breakfast time. She's so patient - doesn't crowd me at meal times at all - and she likes her food a lot.

We had a cozy day yesterday, she snoozed whilst I did more music stuff. I took her for a stroll around lunchtime for both of us to stretch our legs, and she made friends with a couple of pedestrians who instantly fell in love with her.

I needed to go back to the Union for a meeting, and she was delighted to come along. She likes the warmth, the people (in a quieter environment), and the comfy sofas.

On the walk back, we passed 2 dogs (having not passed any dogs since she's been with me). She is reactive; she pulls towards the other dog, and chitters and chatters. She doesn't bark. I haven't heard her bark properly once. To minimise her stress, I turned her around and walked home another way, and she kept looking back towards the other dog for about a minute. A quick cuddle stop got her focus back.

The other dog was further away and going in the opposite direction so it was less of a pickle.

We got back, she had her dinner, and went back to her bed. She had some active-looking dreams - probably chasing squirrels.
2 princess bat.jpg
She woke me up in the small hours this morning with a fairly urgent look on her face. I let her out and she immediately went to the toilet. Note to Princess's future home: don't ignore her if she wakes you up, it probably means she needs to go potty!

She's fantastic. I adore her. Much as I've loved our little holiday together, she needs a permanent warm home ASAP where she can really settle down.
2 princess sleep.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”