Quinton Staffie DofB 09.08.11 Chipstead

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Quinton Staffie DofB 09.08.11 Chipstead

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
quinton1DSCF8672.jpg
Quinton's Story: Quinton was taken in by a young family for 4 weeks in with a Staffie bitch. Quinton didn't cope with very young children's lively energy so became available urgently. However he came out of the car with the children and looked very settled. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Quinton is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Quinton was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
quinton2DSCF8675.jpg
quinton5DSCF8685.jpg
quinton4DSCF8692.jpg
Quinton's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 26.08.19 I have one very urgent boy, got him 4 weeks ago too bouncy for the children

Can you squeeze this one in today? xxCarolyn

Quinton comes in today
Quinton.jpg
CarolynRob

Re: Quinton Staffie DofB 09.08.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by CarolynRob »

Thank you so much Lynne. Heart fill with love.gif] k2727.gif 0077.gif

Safe with one of the best rescues in the country xx
Charleypryde

Post by Charleypryde »

Thank you so much ❤❤❤❤
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Oh what a delight Quinton is. I had the absolute pleasure of walking this little staffie gentleman yesterday. He seemed an anxious little soul when I went to his kennel. He is very polite, ignored the other dogs around him as we left the kennel block, sniffed me and the leads a couple of times before we set off because both I and the leads smelled of a variety of dogs, and then trotted off happily beside me once I had passed muster. Quinton likes to have a sniff as he walks, but keeps up a good pace, with no pulling. He is very obedient to command, we went down to look at the stream, but he had a polite gaze and showed no inclination to get his paws wet, so we climbed back up the bank and carried on. We met Sammy Ambull and his walker and stopped for a chat and when Quinton felt I had talked enough he gave me a bark to indicate perhaps we could move on. Back to the paddock for a play to see what this little lad is like off lead. Polite interest in the first two tennis balls I threw but then he relaxed and chased them and brought them halfway back! Quinton is a tennis ball barker, once the ball is at your feet he will bark until you throw it again. In the paddock I saw his big staffie grin for the first time as he really started to enjoy himself. He was very good when I said that’s enough we need to go now. I picked up his leads and he waited patiently for me to reattach them. Back in his kennel he had a long drink, didn’t take his chicken chew from me, because I think he didn’t really want me to go, but I popped it in his bed for him and hope he enjoyed it once I’d gone. A lovely little boy xxxx Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

Quinton is a dinky little Staffie with a big smile, lots of Staffie enthusiasm and a love of people. He was a little nervous when I entered his kennel so as with Jan yesterday , I gave him time to have a good sniff of me and the leads. Once I felt he was happy, off we went and I handed the leads to new walker, Michael, and they made friends immediately. Quinton made friends with everyone he met in the car park and then posed for his photos. We then all set off for a walk with Chaz too. Quinton was happy to share his walk with Chaz but preferred walking behind where he could see what Chaz was up to, and everywhere Chaz stopped and sniffed and left his mark, Quinton did too. He later said a polite hello to visiting dog, Poppy.
quinton3DSCF8679.jpg
quinton6DSCF8669.jpg
quinton7DSCF8670.jpg
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

(Since returned)
Quinton arrived and Quinton was gone, what a little whirlwind! David, Sarah, James, Charlie and Rachel came to choose a new family member today but I think little Quinton really chose them, I just love it when the dog chooses the family! Quinton put on a full display of his charms and had his new friends wrapped round his little paw, he was absolutely certain that he wasn't getting out of their car for anyone once installed and I was very happy to wave them off. I think his smile in the photos says it all :havefun.gif:
How pleased does he look?!
How pleased does he look?!
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Sad to see little Quinton back but I'm pleased to say he was full of enthusiasm on our walk yesterday.
Quiton was a wee bit shy when I entered his kennel, he does like to give you a good old sniff to suss you out, having decided we could be friends we headed off.
Quinton was a little bit stressed at the start of our walk and he did have a bit of a shout when passing some dogs on the way out, I'm pleased to say once away from kennels he definitely relaxed and enjoyed his walk and took no real notice of other dogs, good boy.
Quinton is a little dynamo and quite the chatterbox, he did make me smile with all the different noises he was making, I found myself having a conversation with him 0002.gif] He does look to his walker for confidence, when you tell Quiton he's a good boy he will make a little staffie squeak and come in for a cuddle, just the cutest love4.gif
We visited the stream and the paddock which Quinton very much enjoyed, having a good old run around off lead and then more cuddles. Quinton is a very handsome boy with just the softest coat.
Quinton is a lovely, lovely boy, fingers crossed his perfect hoe is just around the corner.
JamesShears

Post by JamesShears »

I have had the opportunity to take Quinton out for a few walks now and i absolutely adore him. We have some very excitable cuddles before heading out.

Once out he is as good as gold, likes to walk out in front and look back to check all is okay.

He happily stays by my side while people or cyclists go past, cars don't seem to bother him at all.

He makes the best and funniest staffie noises too, especially if you stop to try and take photos.

Hope you find your forever home soon Quinton ❤

20190915_131711-01.jpeg

20190915_134203-01.jpeg
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

B6922980-28DA-4B7C-B551-38CA73028F08.jpeg
I've been a bit naughty and left it over a week to update Quinton's thread, but he is certainly not one to be missed!

As a serial lover of tiny staffies, I was so happy to get my paws on little Quinton. He was excited to meet me for the first time and had no reservations at all about a new person coming into his kennel, he was all too happy to get cuddles and give out little staffie kisses 😘

He is a little bundle of happy energy but walks like a perfect gentleman. Although a little noisy at times around stranger dogs, he was never badly behaved and would happily come along and move his focus to me instead.

A lovely dog who seems to lap up fuss - it was very hard to get a photo because every time I crouched down, he was leaning in for more cuddles!!
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Quinton is a wonderful boy, full of enthusiasm, with a fabulous zest for life.
We set off at a steady pace on our walk on Thursday, Quinton is eager to get going and explore. He walks nicely on his lead, if you talk to him he will chat back and if you crouch down he will come in for a cuddle, such a sweet, lovely boy bighug.gif
Quinton didn't particularly relax on his walk, so when we got back to his kennel I decided to sit with him for a while, Quinton then showed me what an affectionate and darling boy he really is!! He gave me the most wonderful kisses, sat on my lap for cuddles and then ended up laying across me. Quinton has so much love to give and while sitting in his kennel it all came bursting out love4.gif love4.gif
Lovely boy Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”