Duke Staffie x DofB 20.05.15 Gatwick Kenns

Serious discussions are already underway with families on these dogs, or the dogs have been homed on a trial basis with Homing Team Approval
xxlynne

Duke Staffie x DofB 20.05.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:33 pm

Current Status: Reserved
duke1DSCF7425.jpg
Duke's Story: Duke was found abandoned and unclaimed within a NW English council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Duke is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Duke is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
duke2DSCF7428.jpg
duke3DSCF7431.jpg
duke4DSCF7456.jpg
Duke's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Very Urgent boy can you save him? Cathy xx

Duke comes in 21st July 2019
Ashley12.JPG
Ashley10.JPG
Ashley04.JPG
Ashley09.JPG

Julieh

Re:Duke Staffie x DofB 20.05.15 Coming soon

Post by Julieh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:55 pm

What a beauty 🥰 you’ve in very safe hands with RR

xxlynne

Re: Duke Staffie x DofB 20.05.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Duke arrived this afternoon and I was able to spend some time with him out on a walk and in the paddock.
He had just arrived and bewildered after a 4 hour journey but showed impeccable manner other than he wasn't ready to share his tennis ball with me not that I pushed he was just enjoying it so much.
Ashley01.JPG
Ashley02.JPG
Ashley03.JPG
Ashley06.JPG
Ashley08.JPG
Ashley11.JPG
His dog skills were receptive also on arriving in the block but he began to bounce as he appreciated he was going into a kennel bless him.

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Oh wow what a beauty Kiss of love.gif

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:10 pm

Duke enjoying the paddock on arrival

PS Changed his name when I looked his chip up and name revealed

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

anne

Post by anne » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:21 pm

Duke is a lovely, friendly, chilled out chap. He wanted to be my friend the instant I entered his kennel and after a quick hello and a treat (which he took gently) he stood by the door waiting to go. Duke ignored the other dogs as we left and walked nicely on the lead throughout our walk. It was very hot so we kept to the shady paths and headed to the stream for a paddle. Duke loved the water and enjoyed spending time cooling off. If I offered treats, Duke sat and took them nicely. A handsome boy ( the colour of caramel) with a kind and gentle nature. He is smashing.
duke5DSCF7449.jpg
duke6DSCF7441.jpg
duke7DSCF7415.jpg
duke8DSCF7423.jpg

Georgi96

Post by Georgi96 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:04 am

I walked Duke for the first time yesterday! And he is lovely! He was very happy on his walk and likes to have a roll in the grass, he walks very nicely on the lead and didn’t seem fussed by any dogs we passed on our walk. He is also a stunning chocolate brown colour with amazing light hazel eyes! Kiss of love.gif
:newhere.gif:

anne

Post by anne » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:09 am

Duke is a lovely boy. We have enjoyed several lovely walks. He walks well on the lead and passes other dogs without any fuss. He loves people and was keen to say hello to some workmen who admired him as he passed. When they spoke to him he wagged his tail furiously, lay down and then rolled over and wriggled around. He loves to be told he is a good boy and he sits and waits patiently for his reward. love4.gif
dukeDSCF8164.jpg

anne

Post by anne » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:09 pm

Had a lovely walk with Duke yesterday. He found a tennis ball which he then carried for most of the walk. He stopped frequently to roll around in the long grass playing with his ball and also just to have a lay down and chew.
dukeDSCF8416.jpg
Later on we met a pony and rider on the bridle path. Duke stood quietly to one side with me to let them pass and then we followed, Duke taking it in his stride and walking calmly. You can see in the video how he looks up for reassurance initially. He did get a bit excited when eventually the pony started trotting but we were turning off the path at that point and Duke was happy to follow my direction taking his focus away from the pony.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

natdugdale

Post by natdugdale » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:10 am

IMG-20190825-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20190825-WA0005.jpg
Duke was fab for Chris and I today. He was quick to find a toy once we got out the kennel which he proudly carried to the paddock. Once he was off lead he took his prize away to destroy (turns out it was full of fluff which was unexpected! 😂) Before coming over to us for cuddles and attention from us. We played fetch for a while then he had a good roll around and lots of belly rubs. Duke has such a handsome face and is smaller than he appears in his photos! Lovely boy who didn't put a paw wrong today and was a pleasure to take out love4.gif
Volunteer as a walker with us! --> http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk/walking/
Visit our Instagram page for daily photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)

Return to “Reserved or on Trial Adoption”