Blue Staffie DofB 21.04.15 Hempstead Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Blue Staffie DofB 21.04.15 Hempstead Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
blue1DSCF9398a.jpg
Blue's Story: Blue has lost his home as recently he had an altercation with another dog. He was then muzzled but his family lost trust in his ability to relate to dog outside. Blue has a good relationship with the family's 2 Cocker spaniels, being introduced outside parallel walking before entering his home when they do meet. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Blue is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Blue was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
blue1DSCF9583.jpg
blue1DSCF9244.jpg
blue2a30E0695-DB08-45EC-B576-326E36FF00FF.jpeg.jpg
blue2DSCF9392.jpg
blue3DSCF9396.jpg
Blue's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to help Blue as his family had lost confidence in his dog skills.

Blue came into our Rescue on the 22nd June 2019
BlueSt.jpeg
BlueSt(6).jpeg
BlueSt(2).jpeg
BlueSt(3).jpeg
BlueSt(4).jpeg
BlueSt(5).jpeg
mandyandmike

Re: Blue Staffie DofB 21.04.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by mandyandmike »

Met this lovely boy for the first time today. Blue is new in and must be wondering what is happening to him bless him. When I went in to him he was a little bit unsure but also desperate to say hello and play, lots of wiggling and back and forths so I sat down and he soon came over and realised everything was ok. He was easy to harness and get out, I took him to the small enclosure first as the big paddock was being used, Blue absolutely loved the paddling pool, it had just been refilled with fresh water and he thought it was great. We went into the big paddock later and he loved being able to run around and play with the football and kong, he also loved to be chased too! He loves a cuddle and a back rub as well and had 2 other walkers cooing over him and fussing him before I took him back in. He is a smashing lad, no edge to him and very people friendly, gorgeous too! love4.gif
Water Baby
Water Baby
Blue 4.jpg
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Blue.jpg
Martine wsstle

Post by Martine wsstle »

Met blue today and what a pleasure it was he truly must be wondering why hes in kennels he let me in and i sat and waited for him to settle which he did quite quickly. We went to the paddock today hes one fun dog loves the water and playing football and we played hunt a few treat hes very smart loads of energy back to kennels and passed kennel mates calmly and such a good boy blue has the most amazing eyes they are a greeny Amber and when he looks at you their almost human . Blue is new in but i think he will be homed quickly i hope . Thanks blue for your company today positivo1.gif
FranB

Post by FranB »

Blue and I went for a little walk today and, apart from an initial reluctance outside the gate, which we soon got over, he enjoyed a walk down to the river and couldn’t wait to jump in the water. I noticed he was very responsive and so easy to handle when we met other dogs. He was very easy to distract and in no way was looking for any conflict. It was the first time I had met him and he barked a couple of times when I went into the run but was friendly and not difficult to get out. When we got back we had some time in the paddock and he headed straight for the paddling pool.
E46BE28F-7A2F-4BCB-99B9-C9C8934A9415.jpeg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Blue might be new in to us at Rescue Remedies, but he’s already shown us how much he loves splashing about in a pool ❤️💦

Here he is with volunteer Martine:

Martine wsstle

Post by Martine wsstle »

Walked blue today have paddock him a few time now so i was looking forward to walking him blues a great little staffie with beautiful eyes and s big heart to goe with it he must be miffed to find himself here in rescue and having spent time with him so am i but thats my personal option we walked out well he was calm and just taking in the smells blue live water so he was straight in
We passed a few dog and he really wasnt interested even came across parker his kennel mate calming took in each others presence and walked on
Blue is a lovely typical human loving staffie who hsd found himself for whatever reason in rescue he needs a home who will give him back his love and attention and confidence and in return you will get a great little staffie thanks blue for the fun day Heart fill with love.gif]
Martine wsstle

Post by Martine wsstle »

Met up with blue agsin todsy i love this boy hes a good dog with the most amazing eyes he needs some love and TLC and patience with helping him adjust io wearing a muzzle when walking something which has only happen since in kennels he will wear it but you need to help him adjust so calm approach and sometimes you may have to just try agsin later which i did today and he was pefect sat in his basket and accepted muzzle .
We eent to paddock as i gave him the option of which way to go blue love
Loves the paddling pool with his ball and has one great time.
Blue has found himself in kennels and is miffed as to why i guess but give him the time and encouragement and TLC he wont disappoint you.
Thanks blue we had a challenge today but we saw it through x
Martine wsstle

Post by Martine wsstle »

Dropped into kennels to paddock blue again today loving this boy he is such fun and time spent with him is so rewarding you can see the miore time spent with him the more he relaxs in his play. I sat for a while and watch him he loves ineraction with you and he came and sat on my lap and just wanted to be hugged we had a long chat about his muzzle as hes not keen but with patience he will come round he says

Love you blue that home will come soon
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Blue is one of my very special boys, I adore him. Today he helped me clean out the paddling pool in the 3rd concrete paddock. Cos it was just me & him we closed the section off, opened all the internal gates and shed door so we could walk around freely. He's super helpful and pottered around behind me. I found him a big bone shaped toy that he loved and he galavanted around with it whilst I towelled the yucky stuff out of the bottom on the pool. Whenever I got a bit bored I'd say "Bluey, kisses" and he'd run over and lick my face then turn and reverse into me for cuddles, SUCH a love. Yeah he's not sure about other dogs and he's not really interested in long walks but as a companion in a house and garden he'd be absolutely top notch,we did discuss running away together today but Blue thinks he can do better wink.gif
This was taken on walkies last week, being muzzle trained is a really useful skill for a dog to have
I know the muzzle isn't attractive but look at those soft eyes and that smiley mouth
I know the muzzle isn't attractive but look at those soft eyes and that smiley mouth

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”