Juan Staffie DofB ?2009 Temp Foster Sherfield on Loddon

xxlynne

Juan Staffie DofB ?2009 Temp Foster Sherfield on Loddon

Post by xxlynne » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:27 pm

Current Status: Available
juan1DSC08184%20-%20Copy.JPG
Juan's Story: Juan was found abandoned and unclaimed within a South Coast council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Juan is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Juan is in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
juan4DSC08174.JPG
juan3DSC08189.JPG
Juan's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 20.05.19. Notes from Dog warden: Juan was found as a stray on 1st April, he was not microchipped and no owner came forward for him. The vet practice described him as reactive to other dogs but we have not seen this behaviour in kennels. He does bark when he is out and about but he has not shown negative reactions, he happily approaches to say hello and wags his tail. He does have weakness in his back legs but it doesn’t stop him. He loves playing with balls and if he chases them too fast he sometimes stumbles but he gets straight back up again. He is good with people but does mouth on occasion, he is very gently about it. He takes treats calmly and will sit for them (when he feels like it).
Juan.jpg

Sarahk

Re: Juan Staffie DofB 2012 Guildford kenns

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Juan-some Juan !!! love4.gif Yes, he is very handsome and such a distinguished gent - occassionally a little bit wobbly on his back legs but that doesn't stop him at all, he enjoyed roaming the woods on arrival :D
Handsome fella who loved to make new friends and persuade them to part with treats - which he did with an air of expertise honed from many years practice !!!
DSC08184 - Copy.JPG
DSC08174.JPG
DSC08175.JPG
DSC08178.JPG
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Sarahk

Re: Juan Staffie DofB ?2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:10 pm

and a few more for you to enjoy xxx
DSC08184.JPG

Showing off his treat getting skills in this next series of pics ...

"Mmmmmm they smell nice, can I have one please - look I've sat with my legs right under me, super cute eh ?"
DSC08189.JPG

" Oh yes, that was yummy, mmmmm mmmm"
DSC08191.JPG

"Can I have another please ? I'm on my best behaviour" xxxx
DSC08192.JPG
LOVE HIM Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

RosC

Post by RosC » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 pm

Juan is a lovely boy, very friendly. Bless him he sits down like Bertha lol.gif

EmmaNicole

Re: Juan Staffie DofB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:42 am

Lucky for me Juan is now at Gatwick and seeing this boy so sad huddled up in his basket made me want to take him out for a lovely walk and fusses. Juan is a gentle boy and he gave me a lovely welcome into his kennel as he came straight is a cuddle. We were quickly clipped on and off on our walk and the whole time Juan was the perfect gentleman.
D9467F76-9B01-4140-A40E-E334F6731B1D.jpeg
Look into my eyes and fall in love with me, please
EEF364F2-0705-41CE-B88C-4DCF7DB8525C.jpeg
Politely giving paw for hi treat
Juan walks really well on lead. He likes to be just in front but never pulls and just enjoys ambling along having a good sniff, he is also very happy to have a little stop and snuggles straight in for a cuddle. I cannot say enough good things about this boy who is so sad in kennels just hoping that his forever home comes soon.

KarenS

Post by KarenS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:35 pm

I walked Juan for the first time today and what a lovely boy he is. Such a friendly gentle soul who was an absolute pleasure to walk. He loves to stop and have a cuddle too! Lovely natured and truly gorgeous love4.gif

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:53 am

Poor Juan was very disappointed when I walked passed him to take Kyle out so I took him out next and he was super happy to be going out. We started out in the paddock and Juan showed me his balls skills and enjoyed some lovely bum scratches, then we headed off for a lovely walk, complete with tennis ball. Juan walks very nicely on lead as is always a joy to take out. What Juan would like most though is a human to call his own was whilst he loves his walk he doesn’t like having to go back to his kennel.

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:06 pm

I met and walked Juan on Tuesday and he is a total sweetheart, no other word for it. Easy peasy to walk, likes to be by your side, loves a cuddle, dies not like you leaving him alone in his kennel. This little boy is obviously a cuddle monster love4.gif

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:27 pm

I didn't walk Juan today but I did get to meet him and oh this boys temperament is just amazing.
Lynne asked me to help while she took out his stitches and his behaviour was absolutey impeccable, apart from being a bit of a wiggly bottom!! It was super hot and while I held Juan Lynne removed his stitches, not a cross or grumpy word from Juan, to me this was such a testament to his absolutely fantasic temperament love4.gif love4.gif
Love Juan and hope I get to walk you soon, or even better would be to see you in your very own forever home Kiss of love.gif

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Juan and I went for an amble through the woods today with Tricia and Buddie terrier. Juan was a bit uncomfortable having Buddie following him and kept stopping and looking behind him, so we let Buddie take the lead and he was much happier. Juan sometimes gives a little grumble at other dogs, and it’s a surprisingly deep ( not loud) sound from quite a small chap, but he soon gets over it and just wanders on amiably. His back legs are occasionally a little wobbly and we have a pause for him to get himself together and then carry on. Juan doesn’t like crossing some of the bridges we encounter on our walks, so I design new walks for him where we wander a bit aimlessly but perfectly happily together. Juan is adorable. Kiss of love.gif