Mutley Staffie DofB 2006 - 15th May 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Mutley Staffie DofB 2006 - 15th May 2021

Post by xxlynne »

DSCF4990.jpgmutley.jpg
17th May 2021: Hi Lynne,

We rescued Mutley from you in August 2019 and it is with great sadness in our hearts that we had to say goodbye to him on Saturday morning. He was such a lovely boy and fit straight into our family perfectly Carla and family
Mutley2.jpg
Mutley's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Mutley's Story: Mutley is finding it hard to live with another dog as he has become elderly. He now needs his own people and to enjoy his latter years. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Mutley is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Mutley was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF4981.jpgmutley.jpg
DSCF4892.jpgmutley.jpg
DSCF4988.jpgmutley.jpg
DSCF4993.jpgmutley.jpg
Mutley's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Mutley.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Mutley Staffie DofB 2006 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Mutley is learning how to settle in kennels: He is scrumptious!
IMG_4181.JPG
IMG_4176.JPG
IMG_4175.JPG
anne

Post by anne »

Mutley is a sweet, friendly, undemanding staffie. He walks at a comfortable pace, enjoying being out and about. He was happy to share his walk with Buster this morning, quietly telling Buster if he felt he was getting a little to close for comfort. Buster heeded his body language and politely gave him the space he needed. Mutley is fine around other dogs if they respect his space.
Mutley has already made many friends among the staff and volunteers and is in demand as a walking companion. He is a super, calm, special, little chap.
DSCF4986.jpgmutley.jpg
DSCF4996.jpgmutley.jpg
DSCF4971.jpgmutley.jpg
DSCF4915.jpgmutley.jpg
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

Yes, I have another favourite.......Mutley is my kind of dog! I entered his kennel, introduced myself, offered a couple of sausages, clipped on his leads and we were off!. Straight out of the kennel block, very calmly and off we went. He really is my kind of staffie. I didn't realise his age, but you wouldn't think he is an 'older' chap! My initial thoughts were he's a bit of a chunky monkey but lovely! Mutley took the lead, was happy to trot along and I know he enjoyed his walk! Whilst out and about he looked back at me, tongue hanging out, big old staffie smile and that makes me happy! Staffie lovers looking for an 'older' boy, trust me, you won't be disappointed, if I didn't have a staffie of my own, he would be a boy I would take home. Loyal and loving is Mutley, looking for his own forever sofa and I hope he finds it soon. A great boy! :smiley-bounce016.gi:
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Mutley can be a little vocal in the kennel block. Today I filled the dog mobile with dogs and headed for the vets. its a 35 min journey each way so I expected to need ear muffs if Mutley was on board..not at all he travelled really well and was perfect in the vets when being checked over and vaccinated.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Mutley is a smasher! I met him only today and he was as good as gold and is a very friendly boy, your typical staffie. We walked with another walker and a JRT and Mutley did not mind him at all, just minded his own business and got on with his walk. Mutley is a nice sort of dog and one I wouldn't mind having at all. On return to kennels, Aunty Diane had arrived with home made liver cake, which went down a treat lol.gif Heart fill with love.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Judy

Post by Judy »

I met Mutley for the first time this afternoon, as mentioned in other comments, he really is such a friendly boy. He was no bother taking out and bringing back in the kennel block, he ignored the noise that all the other dogs were making. He walks at a good pace but without pulling stopping once in a while for a bit of reassurance and then continuing on his way. We had quite a long walk which Mutley seemed to really enjoy. When we got back to his kennel he sat nicely whilst awaiting his sausage treats. I do hope he will not remain in kennels for too long as he really deserves to spend his latter years in the comfort of his own home. love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

Mutley was keen to get going on his walk this afternoon, as soon as the leads were attached we were off. He is amazingly spritely for his age, he certainly does not show his age at all. He is such an affectionate boy enjoying having cuddles and a fuss made of him. He is an absolute joy to be with, I hope he will be able to demonstrate how special he is to his own forever human very soon (I know they won't be disappointed). bighug.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I would happily take Mutley home with me if I could. He's a sweetheart and walking him, I can't believe his DOB! He's a really nice dog and I love the way he looks up at me every now and then and snuggles in for a cuddle. Super affectionate boy and easy to manage and walk. I have not witnessed any bad reactions around other dogs, and he has parallel walked fine with another dog with me. We had to let a massive horse pass us on a narrow path today and Mutley didn't bat an eye! I can't fault him.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I met and walked Mutley on Tuesday. We’d been having heavy showers and Mutley and I got caught in a couple, but he really didn’t mind. This old boy is a total poppet. Really easy walk, slack lead all the way, he pauses occasionally for a cuddle and fuss, and looks back for reassurance. This little boy should not be in rescue at his age. He should be on a comfy sofa, having lots of cuddles. Mutley obviously loves people, whatever happened that had him end up in Rescue has not dented his love for us, and he is simply not bothered by other dogs. Mutley does like his human to give him a stroke and a fuss love4.gif bighug.gif Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”