Keira Staffie DofB 01.01.11 Billingshurst W Sussex

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Keira Staffie DofB 01.01.11 Billingshurst W Sussex

Post by xxlynne » Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 pm

Current Status: Homed
DSCF3984.jpgkiera.jpg
Keira's Story: Keira was found abandoned and unclaimed within a North London council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Keira is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Keira was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF3982.jpgkiera.jpg
DSCF3976.jpgkiera.jpg
DSCF4025.jpgkiera.jpg
DSCF4022.jpgkiera.jpg
Keira's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We have been asked to prepare Keira for her new family by Adam in Broxbourne.

anne

Re: Keira Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Sat May 04, 2019 11:36 am

Keira is the sweetest little staffie girl. She went for a little wander with Jo yesterday, then behaved beautifully for her photos shoot, lapping up any cuddles which were on offer. love4.gif
DSCF3996.jpgkiera.jpg
DSCF4012.jpgkiera.jpg

chloe_stockwell

Re: Keira Staffie DofB 01.01.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by chloe_stockwell » Sun May 05, 2019 3:27 pm

What a little sweetie this girl is! She was so cuddly when first coming into her kennel and putting on her harness.

I found her to be very independent when out walking, she didn't need much reassurance from me and was happy to just amble along. She seemed to absolutely love being outside and sniffing anything and everything she could get her nose on!

She was good with other dogs we saw, quite happy to walk past. She did bark back at one who was barking at her, but didn't show any aggression, I think she just wanted to tell him off.

Cuddly and lovely again when coming back into the kennels, and didn't attempt to get back out when closing the door. One extra note is that she wasnt impressed at all by my dog treats, maybe she wants to try something more tasty next time!
rps20190505_155740.jpg
rps20190505_155631.jpg

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Mon May 06, 2019 6:46 pm

I so wish I'd read Keira's previous post. She is indeed a sweetie but she also very much likes the tastier treats! Unfortunately it was towards the end of the day when we went out and she absolutely was not impressed with the measly offerings I had left! That said we had a really lovely walk 😊 But next time I will bring sausages.
Keira really is such a lovely girl, she walks like a dream and so enjoys being out and about. I'm not sure how old Keira is but I was flagging before her today. We got gloriously lost, it was hilarious though as we kept looking at each other expecting the other to know where we were going, neither of us did!
We did eventually make our way back and I regretfully left this sweet girl in her kennel.
Keira is absolutely wasted in kennels, she is an absolute darling with so much love to give and she gives the absolute best cuddles Heart fill with love.gif]

theflowerarranger

Post by theflowerarranger » Tue May 07, 2019 7:44 am

Omg so gorgeous with the trainer socks on the front feet!! She can’t have been mistreated turning her nose up at regular treats - no thank you, sausages on order please

VAL

Post by VAL » Tue May 07, 2019 6:22 pm

I can't add much to previous comments because Keira really is a delightful soft Staffie. She craves affection but was perfectly relaxed on our walk today. We had lots of cuddles in the Poet's Hut and in her kennel and I really didn't want to leave her. No, she didn't want my treats either, but that was a good thing because she hadn't eaten her dinner and she's far from skinny. I'd like to bet that when I get back from holiday, she will have been snapped up by a lucky adopter.
thumbs.gif

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu May 09, 2019 5:12 pm

I met Keira for the first time this afternoon and indeed she is everything everyone has said. She is such a gentle soul and will make some lucky person a very loving loyal companion. angel13.gif]

jan&nick

Post by jan&nick » Wed May 15, 2019 11:07 am

we met keira for the first time yesterday and took her for a stroll with joey chihuahua she found a few sticks on the way before finding that "perfect one" and proceded to carry this rather large stick for the whole walk - a v sweet cute little staffie
IMG_1185.JPG

xxlynne

Re: Keira Staffie DofB 01.01.11 Billingshurst W Sussex

Post by xxlynne » Wed May 15, 2019 5:11 pm

Here's the hint!
Here's the hint!
IMG_4016.JPG
IMG_4022.JPG
IMG_4024.JPG
Thank you Karen and Nero it was a joy to meet you and little Keira will settle after her long period in kennels.

She is so ready to embrace life again!

Jude&Alf

Re: Keira Staffie DofB 01.01.11 Billingshurst W Sussex

Post by Jude&Alf » Wed May 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Wonderful, loving those smiley faces 😊
Keira blew me away when I walked her and I'm so happy she has found the home she deserves love4.gif