Bruce (Parker) Staffie DofB 14.08.12 Tadworth

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Bruce (Parker) Staffie DofB 14.08.12 Tadworth

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF3724.jpgparker.jpg
Parker's Story: Parker has jumped around homed, and at some point owned by drug addicts. His last home we know little about other than he was good with people and children. 6 months on he had an serious incident with another dog outside and he had to come out of his home the same night. He was taken in and held until transport could be arranged. Parker is now muzzled on walks though his instincts are good towards dogs. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Parker is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Parker was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

Parker is an exceptionally friendly boy who loves everyone, travels well. Most encounters with dogs are fine but we have muzzle trained Parker to ensure he can mix with dogs on his walks without the possibility of an incidence.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF3694.jpgparker.jpg
DSCF3699.jpgparker.jpg
DSCF3715.jpgparker.jpg
Parker's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Parker is not good around off lead dogs and will need to be muzzled after serious incident which cost him his home. People who had him prior to this owner were junkies. He's very frightened and flinches when people go close to stroke sometimes.... He adores kids and good with adults . He's neutered but not up to date with vaccs. He also has skin problems/allergies.

I think he deserves a chance Lynne? What do you think ?

Many thanks for quick response..

Hes currently in the north. C xx
anne

Re: Parker Staffie DofB 14.08.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Parker is a lovely, friendly boy. He walks well on the lead, trotting along at a steady pace, but connected and responsive. He loves attention and is an all round typical, super, staffie boy.
DSCF3710.jpgparker.jpg
DSCF3705.jpgparker.jpg
DSCF3725.jpgparker.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I enjoyed a lovely relaxed walk with Parker yesterday. He is such a happy boy out on his walks and I have failed to capture his big smile so far.
DSCF3818.jpgparker.jpg
DSCF3824.jpgparker.jpg
DSCF3833.jpgparker.jpg
DSCF3847.jpgparker.jpg
DSCF3848.jpgparker.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I met Parker for the first time today. He greeted me in a very friendly way and was very obedient, doing a lovely sit, patiently waiting for me while I faffed around with the muzzle. Parker walks beautifully without pulling and was so well behaved walking with Roco, who barked rudely at him several time but Parker took no notice and just wagged his tail. We passed several other dogs with no trouble at all. On return to kennels, we sat at the picnic bench and Parker just sat, watching all the comings and goings. Several very large dogs kicked off in the kennels at one point, as Pablo was being brought out, and Parker became very scared and tried to hide under the table. Poor boy seems very confused as to why he is here, and obviously felt threatened by Pablo being so huge, but he was completely good natured with me and is a smashing dog.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Luisa enjoying Parker's company .. or Parker enjoying Luisa's company!

anne

Post by anne »

Parker is so lovely. He is patient while he has his harness and muzzle put on as he knows this means we are going out for a walk. He just walks along happily, no pulling and is as happy as Larry all the time he is out, tail wagging, staffie grin on his handsome face. He is very keen on a visit to the stream and looks for a way down as he goes along. Smashing boy, he will make someone's home and family complete and will be a great fun little companion.
Enjoying the stream
Enjoying the stream
Having a good nibble on the free salad bar back near the kennels
Having a good nibble on the free salad bar back near the kennels
Judy

Post by Judy »

I took Parker out for the first time this afternoon. He was just so so very patient whilst I figured out how to put his muzzle on. He was very easy exiting and reentering the kennel block. What a lovely staffie boy, so easy to walk and he was super friendly. Such a gorgeous boy with so much to give. In the right home he would certainly flourish and I hope this will happen very soon. love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

I had the pleasure of walking Parker again yesterday afternoon, he gave such a wonderful welcome and was very keen to get going on his walk but despite this he waited patiently whilst I put his harness and muzzle on. He is such a gorgeous chunky staffie boy and has a happy sunny nature. I certainly look forward to walking him again. Heart fill with love.gif]
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I got to meet the lovely Parker today and take him for his walk. Parker is a typical happy staffie, even though he’d never met me before he was very happy for me to enter his kennel and take him for a walk. Parker is a lovely easy walk and respects the length of his leads. He likes to keep a reasonable pace but is very happy sniffing the wild flowers and getting out and about. Hopefully such a happy little chap won’t be with us too long
Judy

Post by Judy »

Another great walk with Parker this afternoon, he is always just so happy to be going out and keen to get going. Whilst walking through the woods he was interested in the squirrels and birds, having said this, once he realised he wasn't able to chase them he soon carried on with his walk. Parker is such a gorgeous chunky boy, so people friendly, I really hope that he finds his forever home very soon. Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”