Homer Staffie x DofB ?01.2018 Rotherhithe London

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Homer Staffie x DofB ?01.2018 Rotherhithe London

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF4085.jpghomera.jpg
Homer's Story: Homer was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Midlands council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Homer is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Homer was boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF4119.jpghomer.jpg
DSCF4085.jpghomer.jpg
DSCF4099.jpghomer.jpg
DSCF4087.jpghomer.jpg
Homer's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:

26.03.19: Hi Lynne, I have a dog at risk of pts. Great with people but dog reactive. Only a young dog. I can pay for neuter. He will have at least a first vac.

I am desperate. Can you help?

M x

Homer comes on the 1st of May
Homer.jpg
anne

Re: Homer Staffie x DofB ?01.2018 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Homer is a lovely friendly boy. He loves people and when offered a treat will sit and give his paw and then take his reward gently. I was privileged to spend some time with him doing his photoshoot, helped by new walker, Chris, and Homer was a delight.
DSCF4103.jpghomer.jpg
DSCF4105.jpghomera.jpg
theflowerarranger

Re: Homer Staffie x DofB ?01.2018 Gatwick Kenns

Post by theflowerarranger »

He looks like he has a moustache where his whiskers are so short, love him
Spinx87

Re: Homer Staffie x DofB ?01.2018 Guildford Kenns

Post by Spinx87 »

Yesterday I took Homer out on a walk for the first time and he was brilliant! This was actually the first time I had seen Homer and didn't realise just how small he was. I had read that he can attempt to grab leads before going on a walk but he didn't show any signs of that. He is extremely keen to get out of his kennel though and tried to wriggle past me when I went in. Any owners will need to be committed to exit management.

Once I was in his kennel he sat nicely for me to put his harness on. He was also very patient with me as I fumbled my way through securing the lead on both his collar and harness (as the lead only had 1 clip).

Out of his kennel he can be dog reactive but with some treats and training I'm sure he will get much better. He's a really light walker on the lead and even when trying to pull he wasn't that strong.

It was a sunny day so we went on a short walk near the water so he could take a dip if he wanted. He seemed uncertain about the water to start with so I'm not sure if he's ever experienced it before. He did eventually get his paws wet though which was nice.

After a little splash we took shelter under a tree for a little peace and quiet (and a few snacks) which he definitely enjoyed.

This little man has bags of potential and is wasted in kennels. I don't think he'll be waiting too long though...
IMG_20190521_120859_exported_99_1558439828080_opt.jpg
IMG_20190521_120859_exported_532_1558439871472_opt.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190521121215812_COVER_opt.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190521120746133_COVER_opt.jpg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Walked lovely Homer today, the weather was warm and we went on a nice quiet walk up to Loseley. He was the perfect gent, sitting when asked, likes to use the full length of the lead (but didn't pull) and comes back to your side when called. We didn't meet any other dogs and he relaxed quickly. At the lake we had the water and sausage stop and on the route back he seemed to acknowledge me more by coming in for cuddles. A lovely little bridle staffie
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Another first for me today meeting and walking Homer. Happy to greet me like a long lost friend even though we had never met before, easy to harness and get out, a lovely young boy whose face reminds me a bit of Ozzie who used to be at Guildford.
On our walk we passed a few dogs and he did bark at 2 (Spike and a black Lab being walked) but he also watched 2 others without barking (Louie and Jolly), he was no trouble going past them all just a bit of excitement. When walking down the quiet lanes I couldn`t help myself talking to him in a Marge Simpson style voice, I wonder if anyone else does the same!! He has def had some training as he knows sit and both paws. Good boy Homey!
Homer.jpg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Had a lovely walk with Homer on Friday, I like to think he remembered me from last time. We walked up to Loseley, he becomes more friendly the more time he spend with you. On route back we moved into the field as two black labs were walking towards us, he did a very good sit and look at me whilst they went past thumbs.gif . Lovely easy boy and a staffie kiss from him feels more like a thank you love4.gif
FranB

Post by FranB »

Homer had a very wet walk in the rain with Penny today. It was all a bit exciting but he was not showing any aggression at all, I think he just wanted to play with her. He wasn’t at all bothered by the weather and was still quite energetic when we got back so had a nice run around the paddock and chased the ball to get rid of some energy. I didn’t get the chance to take any pictures due to the weather. Homer was nice to harness and get out, he seems a very friendly boy. love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”