Lucas Staffie 01.02.2013 Horley

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Lucas Staffie 01.02.2013 Horley

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF2992.jpglucas.jpg
Lucas's Story: Lucas has always lived with another dog 2 years his senior. They have been well cared for but not walked outside. They had a fight and the family feel Lucas is too lively for them and can no longer trust the dogs together. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Lucas neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Lucas was in boarding kennels near Gatwick and then in foster as an only dog whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF2977.jpglucas.jpg
DSCF2995.jpglucas.jpg
DSCF2984.jpglucas.jpg
DSCF2969.jpglucasa.jpg
Lucas's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Urgent call as Lucas was in the car being taken to the vets following a dog fight with his owner having got bitten trying to break the dogs up.

We agreed to save Lucas and took him in on the 7th April 2019
anne

Re: Lucas Staffie 07.05.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Ben and I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Lucas yesterday. Lucas gave me a lovely friendly greeting in his kennel and proceeded to test my skills of putting on a harness, as he wriggled with excitement at the prospect of going out. Once out Lucas was excited and happy. His tail is quite long for his size and it wags constantly. Lucas is quite lively but he is a youngster and just needs to be out and about exploring and to have the space to burn off his energy. He enjoyed his photo session as it meant lots of cuddles with Ben, and this delightful little chap loves attention and cuddles. After photos, Lucas and I set off for a walk. He is easy to manage on the lead and is such a happy soul. We met a bulldog, off lead, who came bounding up to say hello. Initially Lucas greeted him nicely, nose to nose, but then his excitement got the better of him and he started bouncy play. The bulldog clearly wasn't impressed with this and legged it.
DSCF2997.jpglucas.jpg
chloe_stockwell

Re: Lucas Staffie 07.05.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by chloe_stockwell »

What a STUNNER!!

I had a great time with this little boy today, he was all legs and waggy tails, such a scatterbrain. He is very puppy-like in nature and just loves to get fuss.

We had a little sit down in a grassy area for a while and he was so excited and gave me LOTS of face washes, and would lean right into me for more cuddles. He also sits for treats (but doesn't stay still for long!).

He's constantly excited so will need someone to work with him for some more calming moments, but his personality is just wonderful. Plus he's a real stunner and soooo teeny tiny!
20190413_125356_opt.jpg
20190413_113231_opt.jpg
20190413_125454_opt.jpg
Ilovestaffies

Re: Lucas Staffie 01.02.13 Horley Foster

Post by Ilovestaffies »

Hello Lynne. I've just seen you've put photos up of Lucas
Thankyou so much again for saving his life and taking Lucas.
We've loads photos of him.
And thought maybe I could tell u more about his temperament and what he does.
If you ask him for his paw he puts his paw up for a treat but slightly.
He loves football and he head butts balls if you keep throwing them to him he headers it.
Hes amazing with children of all ages.
Another thing he loves is playing water fights in the garden when it's hot.
He rolls over for a belly rub if you say where's your belly and he prefers Lou Lou when u call him.
If you want to know anything else please ask us were desperate he finds another loving forever home.
It broke our hearts giving him to you but I cant hold him if he and his brother have another fight again with my arthritis and carpal tunnel it's to much for me.
Thankyou again Lynne for everything you've Done.
Clare
theflowerarranger

Post by theflowerarranger »

:nicethread.gif: he looks so gorgeous with his different colour head. I love the idea of heading a football!! One suggestion for everyone I have read and have tried and tested is that when dogs are fighting instead of putting your hands in head end where their teeth are and they accidentally bite you, just pick up their back legs like a wheelbarrow - it startles them and breaks their thinking - I’ve done it twice and it worked - the dogs just let go and u don’t get bitten
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Having some quiet time at temporary foster. Lucas or Lou Lou as his owners called him just loves to cuddle up and sleep. He is house trained and loves everybody. He enjoys ball games in the garden to. Such a sweet, gentle boy.
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

What a beautiful boy both inside and out
What a beautiful boy both inside and out
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Now for some sleep
Now for some sleep
Busy day watching the world go by
Busy day watching the world go by
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Left Lucas for 4 hours today. No accidents, no chewing but lots of licks and a very enthusiastic welcome home. He continues to love his walks and finds everything sooo interesting! He gets very excited when meeting other dogs. Just loves life and everyone in it.
Just deserves a forever home. angel13.gif]
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Lucas loves playing ball in the garden, especially if it is with children he knows. Such a sweet boy.
Lucas loves playing ball in the garden, especially if it is with children he knows. Such a sweet boy.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”