Roxxy Staffie DofB ?2015 Bexhill on Sea

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Re: Roxxy Staffie DofB ?2015 Nutfield Temp Foster

Post by xxlynne »

We had a scare in the week as Roxxy suddenly yelped when running and lost the use of one of her back legs. We were not sure if it was a spontaneous fracture...or ?what. Paige and Ben took her to our vets in the morning having kept her calm overnight and our vet discovered there was neurological involvement with the spinal cord having been affected. It was a little bit of cartilage temporarily affecting the blood supply to the cord and the blood supply has now reasserted itself and so with such a fast recovery the prognosis is excellent. HOWEVER she has shown steading improvement and here she is walking using her leg just 4 days later and it will not happen again.
Roxxywalking.JPG

Our vet wants to her her on Tuesday and I'm sure he will be very pleased with her recovery.

Our thanks to Paige and her family for taking great care of Roxxy and helping her through some quite major health scares as well assisting her to develop her dog skills in the process.
anne

Re: Roxxy Staffie DofB ?2015 Nutfield Temp Foster

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of a walk with Roxxy this morning. She is such a little sweetie and just loves attention from humans. Roxxy's favourite thing is rolling!
DSCF4657.jpgroxxy.jpg
Judy

Re: Roxxy Staffie DofB ?2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

I met Roxxy for the first time this afternoon, she really is such a friendly girl, so easy to harness and taking out and coming back into the kennel block there were no problems at all. As previously mentioned she loves rolling around in the grass on her back. Roxxy is very easy to walk, it was an absolute pleasure being out and about with her, I shall look forward to walking her again. love4.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I love Roxxy and never want to return her to her kennel. She's a very easy dog to walk, as she trots by my side on a loose lead and constantly matches her pace to mine, no pulling. Roxxy is very well connected with her walker, and focuses on you and also your voice. Bright girl. She had a splash in the stream this morning, as it was warm. Roxxy will react to other dogs, but keep her on a lead and walk on, she's no trouble. When other dogs were around, I found that she will sit in front of me, with her full attention on me, my voice and a treat, and ignore a passing dog. She is obedient so I think this will be easy to manage with a sensible person. Back at kennels, she enjoyed fuss from other walkers and is quite the sociable girl.

Very treat focused while posing
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Hilbs

Post by Hilbs »

I so enjoyed meeting Roxxy today and echo all the other walkers comments about her. She is a lovely friendly girl, easy to harness, easy to walk and she got along really well with her canine walking partner - Ruby and was also a very good girl about getting drops put in her ears. x
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Roxxy had a gunky eye this morning, so after cleaning it up, while she was gazing sadly up at me with THOSE EYES, we set off for a walk with Kim and a terrier. Roxxy was as good as gold with with and around other dogs today, she only barked at one dog we passed, which had barked at her first. She doesn't like dogs in her face, but is quite happy to walk with reacting otherwise. As Roxxy walks calmly on a loose lead, she is not a difficult dog to manage. She breaks my heart as she will gaze up at me in her sad eyes way, and she really only wants a cuddle. She seemed quiet today and stopped a few times but carried on with a few words of encouragement, she is such a sweetheart. An easy lead walk for someone wanting a quiet and well behaved dog.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

I love walking Roxxy. She is such a sweetie and as soon as she sees grass, she is on her back enjoying a good old roll around. She likes it if you then bend down or sit with her and give tummy rubs. Oh and she expects treats as well as cuddles. love4.gif
waiting for her treat x
waiting for her treat x
anne

Post by anne »

I love a walk with Roxxy and she is a treat at the end of the day when I am getting tired because her walks are relaxing and easy. Roxxy knows what she likes and that is to potter round to the common where the grass is long and lush and then she throws herself down for a wriggle and a roll, and then another and then another. Eventually I sit down with her where upon she decides it is cuddle time, treat time and more rolling around time with tummy tickles. Roxxy is just delightful.
this is her 'I am a good girl and deserve a treat' face
this is her 'I am a good girl and deserve a treat' face
happy girl
happy girl
KarenS

Post by KarenS »

Had a very enjoyable walk with Roxxy today - she certainly is a sweetheart. She was very easy to harness and was totally unaffected by all the barking and commotion in the surrounding kennels. No barking, no tugging on the lead, lovely girl love4.gif
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Foxy was the lucky lady to help us induct 2 new walkers today and true to form she was a very good girl. She had a walking companion in Diesel today too and with respectful distance observed walked very happily with no issues. After a lovely walk it was time to help introduce our new volunteers to then paddock. Roxxy loved her time in the paddock zooming around although she did overdo it slightly and went a bit lame on her back leg so going forward running will need to be managed.

This little girl is an absolutely star and will be a great addition to any home without a cat as she is not fond of felines.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”