Nike Tiny Staffie DofB 26.02.09 - 13th September 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Nike Tiny Staffie DofB 26.02.09 - 13th September 23

Post by xxlynne »

DSCF1757.jpgnike.jpg
Nike.jpg

Current Status: Homed
Nike's Story: Nike was found abandoned and unclaimed within a North London council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Nike is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Nike was in boarding kennels near Gatwick but now in foster in Chessington as an only dog whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF1759.jpgnike.jpg
DSCF1750.jpgnike.jpg
DSCF1768.jpgnike.jpg
DSCF1796.jpgnike.jpg
Nike's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Adam at Broxbourne Kennels asked us if we could help Nike.
Nike came into our Rescue 25.2.19.
anne

Re: Nike Tiny Staffie DofB 26.02.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Nike is indeed a tiny staffie. He is a little nervous but super friendly and easy peasy on the lead. Louise reported that she hardly knew he was there! thumbs.gif He took no notice of us behind him with Lily and Mika and even when Mika shouted at him to let him know he was there, he seemed too busy getting on with his walk and sniffing out all the new smells.
DSCF1772.jpgnike.jpg
DSCF1775.jpgnike.jpg
DSCF1794.jpgnike.jpg
RosC

Post by RosC »

I met the wonderful Nike on Saturday and he is an absolute sweetheart. Very small and dinky but makes up for it with his friendly personality! He had a bit of an upset tummy but that didn't dampen his enthusiasm for a walk and lots of cuddles.
He told a few neighbours off as we left the kennels 0002.gif] but other than that we had a lovely time, he walks really nicely on the lead. I hope he is snapped up soon love4.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I met the gorgeous Nike today and he is just the sweetest teeny tiny boy, I'm trying to think of the perfect way to describe him other than cute, literally he is just adorable. We had the nicest of walks, Nike walks like a dream, no pulling, just loving being out and about, taking no notice of passing cars, he did avoid the mud and puddles though! Nike's coat is a stunning red color and he has the sweetest wrinkly forehead, just lovely. If you hadn't guessed already I love this boy, someone is seriously missing out. I hope Nike's forever home is just around the corner.
theflowerarranger

Post by theflowerarranger »

Heart fill with love.gif] he looks very “compact” - I love the wrinkles on the forhead! Obviously very studious thinking Staffy
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

IMG_0508.JPG
little nike came out for a stroll round with roddy today - he is very unassuming and you hardly know you have a dog on the end of your lead - overall a v sweet dinky little staffie
heleny

Post by heleny »

I finished my day of terrier walking by walking Nike, this tiny, gorgeous little fella. To be honest, I felt so sorry for him. He has not been feeling well and was lying down in his basket when I went into his pen. He did rally a bit and came out for a short walk through the woodland. He really does need a comfy home with his own loving human. Lovely boy. angel13.gif]
frankie

Post by frankie »

Dear little Nike came to stay as he was very poorly last weekend. I am pleased to say he is improving daily . He is a dear little soul and very affectionate. He loves to climb on your lap for a cuddle. He loves playing with his tennis ball burying it in his bed or a blanket then digging it up again . Its very comical. He is quite happy playing on his own .
He has forgotten his house training and had a few weeing accidents however we are working on this and he is getting it right most of the time .
He will now sit for a treat but will snatch don't think he is suitable for small children.
He doesn't like being on his own at night and will bark so I put his bed in my room and he slept all night , he did not try to get on the bed.
He is not destructive and doesn't chew things. He will pick up small stones or bits of plastic and try and eat them he will however let you take them out of his mouth .
You can eat your dinner without him begging or bothering you if you tell him no .
We haven't met many dogs a few have barked at him and he just looked at them apart from today when he gave a squeaky grunt and hid behind my leg.
His back legs are weak but it doesn't stop him chasing his ball or climbing over a dog/baby gate ! He doesn't need long walks and is light on the lead you hardly know he's there.
If you would like a lapdog companion he's for you .He is adorable xxxxx Bless him
Dangless0000

Post by Dangless0000 »

Just in tears reading about this poor little guy he looks so bewildered and worried but so happy his foster home is so lovely to him and he sounds like he is progressing bless his heart so hope he gets someone wonderful x [cry.gif] angel13.gif] :crossfingers.gif:
frankie

Re: Nike Tiny Staffie DofB 26.02.12 Chessington Temp Foster

Post by frankie »

Dear little Nike has come so far from the sick little lad who came home with me two weeks ago . He had forgotten his house training and weed in his bed . It was like training a puppy . Lots of patients and praise and we got there Phew! We did a big hoorah when he ran out into the back garden to poo with no prompting . I felt like I had just potty trained my toddler .lol. He will wee when you go for a walk but only poos in the garden but he's a clever lad and I'm sure he will achieve this eventually .
The first night Nike was gated in the kitchen but he barked non stop so I brought him in to my bedroom where he slept in his bed all night. This is where he has slept since then. He has never tried to get on the bed only if you invite him . He has never chewed any belongings or household stuff lying around .
He can manage going up the stairs but gets half way down then slides the rest of the way . His back legs are weak but he has improved and can run around in the garden with his ball . He likes you to play with him with his tennis ball but wont give it up you have to swap it for a treat . We have done really well trying to stop him snatching treats by using flat hands he is improving. I don't think he is suitable for very young children .
We have crate trained him as he would bark and cry when you left the house .(My son and I both work ) He uses the crate in the living room as his bed and will happily go in and out or lie in it . He settles well and sleeps in it . I leave the TV or radio on for him and yes he will watch TV .
He is never left for long as I work shifts and my son is home before me .
We took him to Boxhill yesterday .There were a few off lead dogs he passed most of them with no problems and he only grumbled at one who grumbled at him . He doesn't need long walks and will trot along beside you ,he can be stubborn and not want to walk but lots of good boys gets him going . He would eat small stones when I first had him and will pick up bits of rubbish when you walk him however you can take things out of his mouth before he swallows it .
He has the most adorable face he is a sweetie. We love him to bits he is a very special boy .He will be a great companion dog loving and loyal
Bless him xxx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”