Simba Staffiex DofB 26.12.13 Farnham

Dogs that have found their forever home
Rjackson

Re: Simba Staffiex DofB 26.12.13 Byfleet Temp Foster

Post by Rjackson »

Fantastic Rob to see Simba is doing so well away from kennel stress. He really is a gorgeous dog who needs a kind and loving home. Glad he managed all the off lead dogs so well what a brilliant little doggie Simba is. Love him xx
Rob T

Post by Rob T »

Simba believes Kong+Cheddar= Bliss.
Simba is so easy going that he seems to be part of the furniture.
He never bothers us when we are eating, even though like most dogs he does like his food.
He is quite happy to be left for an hour or so whilst we do the shopping and he remains clean overnight.
Like many dogs he hates the lawnmower and tries to play ball with the vacuum cleaner. I'm sure this can be overcome although it can be quite comical.
So far a perfect guest!!!
Rob T

Post by Rob T »

Yet another positive day for Simba.
We visited my daughters family today and after the initial excitement of being in a different house and meeting new friends, he settled down beautifully.
He was great with the youngsters age 7, 9 and 13 being gentle when taking treats from them and just being happy with a wagging tail.
He also met my daughters cross lab/staff bitch and really wanted to make friends, absolutely no agression and a very waggy tail.
We did have a meeting with their cat but certainly at the moment it would need perseverence and training to overcome Simba's craving to chase.
Spinx87

Re: Simba Staffiex DofB 26.12.13 Farnborough Temp Foster

Post by Spinx87 »

This weekend we decided to bring Simba home for a couple of weeks as he has started to get a little stressed back in kennels.

Here is a brief summary of his stay so far!

- He's brilliant in the car. He has spent ~30 minutes in the boot of a car without any issues. He either curls up quietly and snoozes or peers out of the window and watches the world go by
- He loves to be hosed down in the garden

- He also loves the garden tap!

- He gets along with other dogs around the house. He's also a little too keen to say hello to other dogs on dog walks. This can be quite worrying for the other owner so it's good to keep him close around other people

MVIMG_20190422_101350_opt.jpg
MVIMG_20190422_102046_opt.jpg

- He's not a morning person. He loves a morning snooze but will happily go walk with some encouragement
- He's perfectly house trained. He hasn't had a single accident and happily sleeps throughout the night without asking to go out
- He's happy to sleep on the floor but definitely won't say no to a sofa or bed!
- He loves to roll around both in and out of the house

Capture.JPG
MVIMG_20190421_145842_opt.jpg

- He brings gifts to anyone that shows him affection (note: he doesn't chew anything. He likes to gently hold them)

MVIMG_20190421_150049_opt.jpg

- He likes nature documentaries

MVIMG_20190422_181248 - Copy (2)_opt.jpg

- He's a bit of a poser

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190421140341070_COVER_opt.jpg

- He loves chicken, cheese and a bit of ice cream. He isn't so fond of peanut butter.

- He's a very gentle eater and doesn't mind leaving the last of his breakfast or dinner, much to the delight of our JRT
- He loves to play chase around the house. (It's a good thing we put an off-cut of carpet down for protection!)
- He loves to splash water and catch it in his mouth

- He doesn't like trains though

He has settled in way beyond our expectations and we would happily adopt him if we could. He's such a gentle giant and would be so happy in a house with another dog that he could play with.
Last edited by Spinx87 on Wed 22 May 2019 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
Nikki Humes

Re: Simba Staffiex DofB 26.12.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by Nikki Humes »

Simba has been on foster break with us for almost 2 weeks now - he hasn't put a paw wrong! Firstly he wanted me to show off his new collar, he thinks he looks very handsome!
Simba1.jpg
Simba really enjoys home life. He loves to learn, and with the help of some cheese, Mark has taught him "paw" which he loves! He is earning his keep by helping me with my work...
Simba_22opt.jpg
The best thing about having Simba is seeing his relationship with our JRT, Lilly, go from strength to strength.They play together constantly and when they aren't terrorising each other, they are sleeping next to each other. The smile on Lilly's face says it all!
Simba4_opt.jpg
Simba has also really been enjoying the great outdoors. He still walks nicely on the lead, and also discovered that he loves water! He's a regular visitor to Fleet Pond and Hawley Lake. Here he is post swim!
Simba2.jpg
Please consider filling out a homing questionnaire for Simba -he is dog friendly, super affectionate and loves to learn!!
Spinx87

Post by Spinx87 »

We've been fostering Simba for just over 4 weeks now and I am honestly amazed that the little guy hasn't yet found his forever home. The more time we spend with him the more we're learning about his personality.

I'm not sure if we've spoiled him too much but he has become a bit of a diva. He doesn't like to come on morning walks around the block anymore; he will only walk if we put him in the car and drive him to a good walk.

He's starting to put on some more weight which is good to see but it does mean that he is also stronger than he was previously. His keenness to run around plus his strength on a retractable lead can result in a few good yanks every now and again.

Simba goes absolutely mad for water - I've realised that he can be stimulated just by putting the garden sprinkler on (video to follow)

He's won over everyone he has met, including my mum who was terrified at the thought of coming over to visit. She has gone from not being able to look him in the eye to actively asking to come over and see him.

Simba has also developed a love affair with our JRT. We thought we would see how they would act with a tug toy between them and they are so well behaved. It's a good thing that we have a second piece of carpet down for the time being! We would love to adopt him ourselves solely because we don't want to split them up but unfortunately we couldn't commit to having 2 dogs permanently at this time. It is going to be a bittersweet day all-round when he does finally find his forever home.

MVIMG_20190520_165039_opt.jpg
MVIMG_20190519_105922_opt.jpg
MVIMG_20190518_224714_opt.jpg
MVIMG_20190516_192350_opt.jpg
MVIMG_20190513_135449_opt.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190518102918109_COVER_opt.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190516185641660_COVER_opt.jpg
Nikki Humes

Post by Nikki Humes »

(Since returned 2 months later)
Amazing day for Simba! He found his forever home with Lisa & family! Simba spent an hour or so getting to know Lisa, had a lovely walk, and decided he wanted to go home with her.

Good luck Simba, we will miss you! :goodluck.gif:
938C6AD5-09F3-434A-B08A-9F1426CC8348.jpeg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Simba came back to us yesterday he did very well but not totally reliant to manhandling and did snap when a toy was being taken from him. Family agreed it was a test many dogs may have needed a different approach to. It wasn't an event, but family have a special needs member and developed nerves.

Thankfully Nikki and Mark were able to foster him again until mid August. bighug.gif
Nikki Humes

Post by Nikki Humes »

Simba is back in foster with us & has fit straight back in! I can’t say enough good things about this handsome boy.

We have discovered he loves swimming - we knew he loved water - but with the help of a longer lead - Simba has been loving life in the lake!
81169C22-8B43-4912-BA5C-D9378B78695E.jpeg
Him & lilly are back up to their old tricks of playing together then collapsing and taking a nap together
C3A341AF-F3A8-4E18-B51A-A7F5400351D2.jpeg
67F3A515-73A1-458F-A189-C3C1E12AF53B.jpeg
Simba is easy around the house & very good around food. He also loves to play with toys, and carry them around the house. He will always greet you when you come home by bringing you a toy.
9912D1A9-2DDB-4C5A-B151-AC66446AF5FF.jpeg
Simba also loves to chill out in his “day bed” as at night he prefers the sofa with lilly, or the cool hallway floor!
E34957FE-FB87-499A-9B18-8A3E6F1CF76A.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”