Simba Staffiex DofB 26.12.13 Farnham

Dogs that have found their forever home
Spinx87

Re: Simba Staffiex DofB 26.12.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by Spinx87 »

We had the pleasure of taking Simba for a walk today. He was extremely calm with me when i entered the kennel despite the fact that i hadn't walked him before. He sat nicely whilst i slipped his harness on and started to get more excited as i was putting his lead on.

As soon as we were out of the kennels he was all business... Marking his territory and sniffing out the good spots. I'm not sure what his background is but he seems particularly interested in passing trains. Simba was good on the lead with minimal pulling, however when he's found something that he's interested in he will definitely let you know!

Within 15 minutes of the walk Simba was less focused on marching up the river and decided it was time for a dip and a roll around in the flowers. He wasn't distracted by walkers/runners but did show some interest in passing dogs.

Oddly he wasn't interested in our treats but he may be a fussy one. Next time we head to the kennels we'll take something different up for him.

We look forward to seeing Simba again next time!
MVIMG_20190217_114104_2_opt.jpg
MVIMG_20190217_113922_2_opt (1).jpg
MVIMG_20190217_113457_opt.jpg
MVIMG_20190217_114452_2_opt.jpg
FranB

Post by FranB »

First walk for me with Simba today. It was raining quite heavily and he was very good having his harness and coat on. We set off very purposefully and after 5 minutes I was worried he was getting too hot so stopped to remove his coat. Simba was great during all this faffing. He was fun to walk and sometimes behaved like he had never seen the river or the swans before and that life was a massive excitement. He jumped into the river when he found a shallow spot. He was quite strong at times but does seem to listen and I agree that he definitely has a thing about trains but seems unfazed by cars and lorries. When we got into the field he just rolled and rolled in the grass very happily. It was quite hard to get him to stay still for a photo as he seemed totally disinterested in treats.
BB05B9A5-C276-4821-BCCA-0875D4EA0E8F.jpeg
BE2901C6-BC73-4E14-B082-65F88DF9DF64.jpeg
F91D1E67-6D36-472C-82C8-02D975EC9C27.jpeg
E805C264-7746-43F8-8533-A807963EE75E.jpeg
5CC9D740-8BD2-47EA-8A24-6BE7F098CA5F.jpeg
LuluE

Post by LuluE »

Had such a lovely walk with this little star today. It was our first meeting but he was good as gold when I entered his kennel and even though he was clearly excited at the prospect of going for a walk, he waited patiently for me to put his harness and lead on. What a gent! He was really engaged on the walk and very alert to everything, he just seemed very excited to be out and about. We came across some lovely long grass and he couldn't resist a roll with a big smile on his face. He's such a happy soul. On the way back a train passed over the bridge 100 yards in front of us (practically over our heads!) and whilst he was interested and stopped to look, with a quick stroke he happily carried on, so maybe he is getting more used to them. This boy is wasted in kennels and really deserves a home of his own. angel13.gif]
Handsome boy!
Handsome boy!
Rosiemae173

Post by Rosiemae173 »

I walked the lovely Simba today. At first he was a little unsure of me, so I took my time saying hello and harnessing him and off we went on our walk. He walked lovely the entire way, wanting to say hello to everyone he passed 😊 he’s a busy little walker!
E058AB1D-2D71-4758-B63D-DDD2727DB821.jpeg
And so handsome 😍 once back at the kennels he was much more relaxed, I sat down on the floor just outside his bed and he came up to me and got some belly rubs and cuddles. I then got the gentlest little kiss from Simba as a thank you! I think this boy needs someone to spend the time with him to see how sweet he really is, he stole my heart today as I’m sure he will with the other walkers! I hope his time comes soon :crossfingers.gif:
6EFCDE3D-0B79-4BA2-8A08-40F6C6052E66.jpeg
FJB

Post by FJB »

I took Simba out today. As other walkers have commented he is an absolute angel to (un)harness and get in and out of the kennels. After sitting in his bed looking dolefully at me for a moment, he realised I was his walker for the day when I started to gather up his harness and lead and rushed off to get a toy (a green heavy duty plastic dinosaur) to show me. Once I was inside the kennel more toy showing and cuddles followed and then a super easy harnessing (he really does just stand there and patiently wait for you to get the harness on) and off we toddled.

He walked at the end of his lead and I found that he pulled (but not in an unmanageable way) throughout the walk. He LOVES to sniff and investigate smells and slows down noticeably when he's doing that and happily potters from one side of the footpath to the other. It might seem an odd thing to say but he was really well behaved when I was clearing up poo - he just stood like a statue until I'd finished bagging and was ready to go. No pulling/ getting me or himself wrapped up in the lead etc. - which I've learnt to prepare for - which was absolute bliss. He was also really well behaved/unreactive when we passed Louie on our way back to the kennels. He wasn't bothered by traffic or pedestrians either (but doesn't seem to have any road sense so care is needed when crossing roads). A quick dry off back at the kennels as we got caught up in the rain/hail whilst we were out and some cuddles and that was it (he showed no interest in treats). All in all a lovely walk and a great boy.
Simz

Post by Simz »

love4.gif Aw lovely boy Simba! Miss you (from Gatwick), hope you get your home soon. 😘🐾
LuluE

Post by LuluE »

This boy is such a lovely lad. He's so quiet in his kennel and then so happy to see you when he knows he's going for a walk, he really loves human company. He's very easy to handle and will wait patiently while you fiddle with his harness and leads etc. So polite. He is very gentle when taking treats and just an all round gentleman. He does seem to get a bit worried about trains passing but calms down with some reassurance and a cuddle. Meets dogs and the public with no problems at all. A super super boy who is desperate for his forever home and a family he can call his own. He would absolutely thrive out of kennels and has so much love to give. Please consider homing this brilliant boy. angel13.gif] :crossfingers.gif:
James

Post by James »

As others have commented, Simba is a real gent and was very patient in allowing me to harness him even though I was a stranger. We had a long, brisk walk and he made the most of it, walking quickly but still managing to smell everything possible. He pulls towards the smell of squirrels (who wouldn't?) but was otherwise very easy. And whenever I wanted to stop to pick up after him or have a drink he was happy to wait until I indicated it was time to go. He really enjoys rolling on his back, as previous photos have indicated.

Here's one of him taking in the country air...
Simply Simba
Simply Simba
Rjackson

Post by Rjackson »

72AACDCE-14B3-4063-B0FD-7FA43D77DE8C.jpeg
Rjackson

Post by Rjackson »

love4.gif
D415628F-1E97-4DDD-B353-ACB7C208041E.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”