Texx Staffie DofB 01.14 Fareham Hants

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Texx Staffie DofB 01.14 Fareham Hants

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
texx 1DSC07654.JPG
Texx's Story: Texx was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Midlands council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Texx is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Texx was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
texx 2DSC07641.JPG
texx3DSC07656.JPG
texx 4DSC07645.JPG
Texx's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
5.12.18: Hi Lynne we have these 2 beauties looking for a rescue space if you can help at all? x SS
"Texx Staffie Age Jan 2014 Friendly boy. Loves Treats Knows commands Appears fine with dogs on introduction"
Texx.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Texx Staffie DofB 01.14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Texx arrived last night after a long drive on the motorway.

Today everyone has loved him and he has enjoyed his first walk. Happy Christmas Texx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

love4.gif :welcome.gif:
DSC07642.JPG
DSC07647.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

DSC07652.JPG
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

DSC07650.JPG
beautiful eyes xxx
beautiful eyes xxx
DSC07657.JPG
love4.gif
nada.c

Re: Texx Staffie DofB 01.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by nada.c »

Texx is much dinkier than I was expecting - I walked past his kennel looking for a much bigger dog! Texx greeted me like a friend and was super easy to harness. For a smaller dog I was surprised that he could be so strong on the lead. So we went to the paddock first where he got a good stretch of the legs and then we headed for a walk by the river. Texx did eventually settle into our walk and let me take a couple of photos. Very handsome boy with the sunshine showing off his beautiful colouring love4.gif

16B03467-7185-4727-B8FD-85989669F1E7.jpeg
3769F44C-CDAB-42A9-8BFC-69B828EBC655.jpeg
pits

Post by pits »

Here's some photos of Texx the staffie taken today. It was my first time walking him, and he was friendly and quiet, and he accepted any attention, cuddling him and playing with his face was fine, he was just happy to be enjoying the fresh air and exploring the world.
texxsmall.jpg
ektaylor

Post by ektaylor »

Texx has stolen my heart. I have been walking him lots recently for Inductions to show people how to deal with a stronger dog on the lead and a dog that can be doggo reactive. Texx has been just wonderful. We have walked with other RR dogs one infront of the other and in parrallel! He has walked past other non-RR dogs without barking and staying nicely by my side.

He is incredibly affectionate and just loves a cuddle. He is also one of the easiest dogs to harness in the kennels at Guildford...bless him. He gives you soft staffie kisses when you enter his kennel and stands still as us hoomans faff about with coats, harnesses and leads!

I love this boysie and hope his forever home is out there waiting to collect him soon.

As I mentioned, his dog reactivity is something that will need further attention. Just because it has improved greatly doesn't mean that he is 'cured'. He responds well to treats and good management i.e lots of space when passing other dogs and plenty of reassurance. He prefers leading when walking with other doggos.

51136503_928564560675285_5104027400992194560_n_opt.jpg

51368843_379172949575941_7874329990366494720_n_opt.jpg
savltd

Post by savltd »

I took Texx out again today having walked him with Evie last week, again he was the perfect gentleman in his kennel standing still for me to take his coat off and put harness on. Does pull a bit but was well behaved on the lead, was interested in meeting another dog we passed by the river but they went a different way and he didn't want to move on until the other dog was out of sight.
Full of love and gave loads of kisses and cuddles back in the kennel.
Rosiemae173

Post by Rosiemae173 »

B6741807-3EDE-4736-955C-8A042A90C24E.jpeg
I had a lovely morning with Texx today! He’s such a sweetheart, he was slightly reactive when we passed a few other dogs on our walk but he was happy to carry on walking past without trouble. I hope he finds his home soon because he really deserves it. thumbs.gif
Last edited by Rosiemae173 on Sat 23 Feb 2019 16:56, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”