Texx Staffie DofB 01.14 Fareham Hants

Dogs that have found their forever home
FranB

Re: Texx Staffie DofB 01.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by FranB »

First time I have met Texx and what a lovely boy he is. He was great to harness and walked calmly without pulling until he spotted what turned out to be a squirrel then he was off! Strong boy. He did listen after a few minutes but was then permanently on the look out for more squirrels. An off lead border terrier ran up to him and I thought his reaction was very positive, he really wanted to play but wasn’t aggressive. This was much easier to manage than the squirrel.
He was great when we got back, enjoyed being dried and having attention.
793BDDAC-ACF1-416E-9BCC-9DEA7FC1F538.jpeg
A90B6804-9F09-4426-8E72-7A85FFEDF9A9.jpeg
0065F6C4-B8DC-4BCB-8EC7-008516D5C9E6.jpeg
pits

Post by pits »

Here's Staffie boy Texx earlier in the week. He's soft natured and very friendly, it was great to walk him.
tx3.jpg
tx1.jpg
tx2.jpg
Cee187

Post by Cee187 »

I had a lovely walk with Texx earlier today! He was a bit distracted when I was trying to harness him today, but stood still when I clipped it in. He’s a great walker generally, he can be pulley at times when he sees things such as squirrels and deers, but other than that he’s good as gold. There was many runners out today however he didn’t react at all and just kept going. When we got back we went for a play in the paddock. We played catch and had lots of cuddles! Texx is a lovely boy and is so obedient, he deserves a loving home. Heart fill with love.gif]
3F5403D8-39FE-4FE4-83E8-3DC34E796FF1.jpeg
7E8E866B-A04B-4D7A-BDFD-BE88B10013D9.jpeg
339BEF76-6996-44B3-BD08-24AD96E8B8BB.jpeg
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Absolutely stunning . Come on forever home x
Spinx87

Post by Spinx87 »

This afternoon Texx and I had a lovely walk down by the river. When I entered his kennel Texx was extremely calm and let me slip his harness on and clip his lead to it without any fuss.

I have a feeling that him and his next-door neighbour Basil have been exchanging barks recently as he pulled away to see him when leaving his kennel. Once he was out of the kennels he was brilliant. He didn't pull on the lead at all and has clearly been brushing up on his green cross code.

As we were walking to the river there was a man cutting the grass beside the path and Texx was all too happy to roll around in the piles of freshly cut grass. It must have taken us a good 5 minutes to walk 100m because he couldn't resist his urge to stop, drop and roll.

Walking along the path he continued to walk nicely until he saw a couple of ducks making a racket (or quacket) on the river.

MVIMG_20190415_123325~2_opt.jpg

He's definitely dog (and duck) reactive but not in an aggressive way. He seems to want to play but I played it safe and let other dogs pass before we continued.

He enjoyed dipping his paws in the water before having another roll around on the bank. I was slightly nervous about his location of choice because he definitely would have been pulling me in with him if he rolled off.

MVIMG_20190415_124438~2_opt.jpg

On our way back we had a little explore in the woods. He seems to enjoy exploring off the beaten path.

MVIMG_20190415_124947~2_opt.jpg

He'd clearly enjoyed his walk because he really didn't want to go back in to his kennel. With a little muscle and treats he was soon convinced to go back! Such a nice gentle boy and with a caring home he can certainly flourish. He already knows sit, paw and takes treats nicely.
ektaylor

Post by ektaylor »

Texx is such a handsome, wonderful boy. He is always a joy to walk bless him and very loving. I walked him yesterday with my boyfriend, who he greeted really well (a gravy bone or two quickly won him over hahaha). We took him on a nice, long walk to stretch his legs. Texx loves his walks and would fit into an active family well - he is a favourite amongst the runners at Guildford.

Texx has got quite a strong prey drive, so watch out for heavily squirrel inhabited areas as he loves to go squirrel hunting!!! His dog reactivity has really come on leaps and bounds. I make him sit first and ask for a paw so that he is distracted. Or, if I need to walk past I still allow for plenty of room to pass safely and have Texx close to my side the furthest away from the other dog. I'll ask him to leave and use hand gestures to direct him the way I want to go.

Texx is a lovely doggo and really deserves his forever home soon.
23.04.19 TEXX RESIZE 1.jpg
23.04.19 TEXX RESIZE 2.jpg
23.04.19 TEXX RESIZE 3.jpg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Texx is a great dog, so friendly and gentle. He was excited going out but calm as soon as we got through the gates and we had a lovely walk along the river with some paddling and exploring the river bank. He is a beautiful dog with the most amazing coat. love4.gif
64D6707D-BD61-4923-B2D1-A4654DE8359A.jpeg
CBB408C5-F7CB-4A66-B8CC-1079F6C7C35E.jpeg
481C1922-76C3-4BE9-900D-75EF9ADE260F.jpeg
376DD672-6795-4E0A-ABF1-FA6C9860809A.jpeg
AFA1F88D-0BA3-48E6-90A1-160A3CFA6BC6.jpeg
amerbob

Post by amerbob »

I was fortunate enough to take Texx home last weekend for a foster break. I hadn't ever met him before going to the kennels to collect him, so I didn't know what to expect, but my goodness, what a gorgeous looking boy. As people have already mentioned in previous posts, Texx is really easy to get out of the kennel, he just stands still happily wagging his tail while you put his harness on. He was also great in the car, and was calm and relaxed on the short journey to my flat.

When we arrived, and he realised that he had a flat, a garden and a whole bunch of toys to play with, he got very excited, running up and down my little garden and rolling around on the lawn.

He's such a fun and playful boy, but not excessively excitable. He's just as happy snuggling up on the sofa as he is charging around the garden. He also snuggled in tight to me in bed at night, which I really love, but also quietly took himself off to the sofa to sleep when it got a bit much for him.
cuddle_opt.jpg
Texx is a really lovely, affectionate boy and would really flourish in a home environment. I would urge anyone looking for a cuddly canine companion to fill out a homing questionnaire and see if Texx might be the right fit for them.
handsome_opt.jpg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Texx and I had a lovely walk on Wednesday. He was such a good boy to get ready and when going out. When he spotted a squirrel he was very excited and I was glad I had my waist belt on. He soon calmed down, and walked very nicely to heel down some steep steps. We then had a sit down by the river and he had a little paddle. He’s such a friendly affectionate boy. We didn’t meet any other dogs.
81290E41-74BF-4059-98D3-EEC9FC862613.jpeg
F2945C07-CF77-4EED-BC78-077BAF4A5AD8.jpeg
Rosiemae173

Post by Rosiemae173 »

22E70F84-3F81-4212-B00D-A3BC95031DD2.jpeg
The Lovely Texx came on a family walk today, and loved it!
434C018C-15A2-45A4-9F36-2A9F3A151B44.jpeg
As usual when I entered his kennel Texx was just ready for cuddles so a quick back scratch and we were harnessed up and out for a walk!
FB9B4FF5-FBB8-48AF-8006-0F473640928A.jpeg
When were out of kennels Texx was so happy to see my mum and nieces, and was so so gentle when taking treats.
As you can see from the photos he wasn’t at all phased by kisses and squeezes and just enjoyed all the attention being on him😊

Texx would be such a brilliant family dog and I just cannot understand how he hasn’t been snapped up get because he’s gorgeous too!
2F987772-8EB4-40C3-B91C-636D9660430A.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”