Buds Staffie DofB 21.12.15 Croydon

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarahk

Re: Buds Staffie DofB 21.12.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Buds is loving the sunny weather and particularly the dryer paddocks ! He’s not one for mud !!!

Buds enjoyed his walkies with Rich this morning but this afternoon I had time to squeeze in another walk so Buds was my boy, I have a bit of a (lot of a !!) soft spot for him love4.gif

Buds only had eyes for the paddock ! I can see a pattern from reading Emma’s post above !
We had a lovely time :D
76633B03-6E35-4B5C-BCBA-D2F2495CCF66.jpeg
8DEF11A5-4102-44A9-A44B-5668924E751A.jpeg
A805D158-FF20-4365-AC97-60DA98770C03.jpeg
09FDF173-CDB7-4707-ACD2-CEEDFCDA62DF.jpeg
793F3DBD-F352-49D1-9146-212BD2136610.jpeg
FEC366E1-171F-4E4B-B55D-5561A748C406.jpeg
Top dog and a cheeky one at that ! Kiss of love.gif
C23AD13C-4AE2-4DBC-9CDF-0D5407A5E30C.jpeg
7C28F651-5DF7-4906-8152-A48D02EE4572.jpeg
Took some videos too - coming next :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Hannydub

Post by Hannydub »

Buds was on top top form today. He is VERY adamant on his paddock time at the moment, as Sarah and Emma have mentioned and pulled Sam and I towards it with all his might as soon as we had him out. When we got there he was shocked and horrified to find it already occupied. So we tried to get him on a little walk first but he was having none of it, and kindly the other walker and doggy saw how stubborn he was being and gave it up for us (THANK YOU). Once in, he behaved wonderfully, happily chasing and more importantly bringing back ball after ball after ball. We got through three bowls of water as one of his favourite tricks is to 'paddle' in it before drinking the dregs of what's left. After about 20 minutes in the paddock and some lovely cuddles, he happily let us put the leads and muzzle back on, something he can be a bit of a bugger with at times (normally because he's just having too much fun and doesn't want to leave), and we took him on a nice long walk. We passed the stream and he had a little paddle. We passed a fair few walkers with no reaction. He walked wonderfully, no pulling. He dug his heels in a couple of times, when we aimed him in a direction he didn't fancy. He knows where he wants to go. Once back at kennels he saw his favourite Emma chatting with some of the staff and headed straight for her. Knocking his muzzle off with the excitement of getting some cuddles. Buds is such a wonderfully loving dog, he does have his issues, but they do seem to be getting slightly better. Today was a great day. However much we all love him, we all want to see him gone off to a family of his own, he has been here too long. He deserves his own human, to give him cuddles all day, ever day. He will need patience and an experience home, but whoever gives him that chance and time will repaid in so much love.
image18.jpeg
image12.jpeg
Jude&Alf

Re: Buds Staffie DofB 21.12.15 Gatwick Ken

Post by Jude&Alf »

Such a wonderful and in depth update on Buds thumbs.gif it's so lovely to see him enjoying some special time away from his kennel, he looks like a different and more relaxed dog love4.gif
Buds absolutely has his favourite people, they all know and love him and get his amazing personality, surely his forever home can't be to far away :crossfingers.gif:
katiediane121

Post by katiediane121 »

Such a lovely write up on Buds, thank you! He really has been with us to long now and his special family ARE out there somewhere! Buds can look so sad in his kennel sometimes but knowing he has the best time when out with those he adores and seeing those big grin photos make it a little better ❤️
Hannydub

Post by Hannydub »

Another lovely walk with Buds on Saturday. We did our normal routine of a good play and cuddle in the paddock (he doesn't really let you go anywhere or do anything else without going for a play in the paddock first) followed by a little walk. He has been behaving really well with us these last few weeks, but we haven't had much interaction with other dogs, and that seems to be his biggest agitation. It is a challenge to get a tennis ball from him sometimes, he thinks it's the best game to act like he wants you to throw it and then grab it just before you can get there, but thats all part of the fun. We love our little Buds. Someone please give him a chance, I am certain he will make the most loving companion to someone willing to put the time and energy in to learning his little traits, and making him feel loved and safe.
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
Hannydub

Post by Hannydub »

Buds was a little agitated when we collected him from his kennel today, but was on top form once we were out and about, more specifically when we were in the paddock. We played, we cuddled, we went for a short walk and we had a little photo shoot, because really how can you resist when he is THIS handsome. On our walk we passed where we all park our cars, and he pulls towards the cars with such force, like he's pleading with you to be taken home. It's heartbreaking. We've all said this numerous times before on this thread, but Buds does have his quirks, he isn't alway a fan of other dogs when you're out walking, he has an obsession with plastic bags, and if you don't keep an eye on him he will eat poop, but he is SO loving, so friendly to people, and just wants to be loved back.
image3.jpeg
image6.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I have been very remiss in providing updates on our best boy Buds in recent weeks although every Wednesday I look forward to my time with this fantastic boy. Buds never fails to give me a lovely greeting in his kennel and after a quick treat he is always keen to get going. Our first stop is generally the paddock as Buds loves to blow off the stresses the of kennel environment with a good run around and chase of a tennis ball, this usually includes at least 1 tennis ball meeting a quick destruction but in main Buds just loves you to throw the ball for him to chase after. His other favourite game is to grab the ball at the last second before you manage to pick it up and he always looks super proud when he beats you 0002.gif]. When he starts to do this I switch tack and start kicking the ball about instead of picking it up with a thrower which Buds finds great fun.

Whilst in the paddock Buds always likes to have a good cuddle and bum scratch. His favourite place to lay down is on the top of the large climbing steps in the paddock and if you stand next to them he likes to rest his head on your shoulder and have a nice hug / cuddle and shower you with kisses love4.gif.

After our fun in the paddock I always take Buds for a nice walk and now the weather is warming this includes a nice dip in the stream. Buds loves the stream and at present it is quite deep so he can have a good old wallow like a hippo. Eventually our time together always has to come to an end icon_e_sad.gif and it is obvious from his body language that Buds never wants to return to kennel. Like the good boy he is though he allows me to take him home and we always have one final last cuddle before I say goodbye.

Buds has been with us for far too long and whilst yes he has his issues the positives with Buds far out way any negatives and with training I believe the issues he has can be corrected. Buds is such an affectionate and sensitive boy and he so wants to please you and you can see him light up when you tell him what a good boy he is. I so hope that Buds finds his forever home soon as he has been patiently waiting for his special humans to find him :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Rob took Buds for a lovely walk on Monday whilst I took Eddie along for company. Buds was a super good boy and seemed very comfortable walking with little Eddie although as usual he was less enamored with his muzzle which got drag on the floor a few times 0002.gif].

Unfortunately our walk was a little shorter than usual as Eddie wasn't feeling it but Buds was more than happy to head back to base and straight for the paddock so he could enjoy a good run around after his beloved tennis balls and have a good old cuddle and belly rub which he adores. k2727.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”