Buds Staffie DofB 21.12.15 Croydon

Dogs that have found their forever home
EmmaNicole

Re: Buds Staffie DofB 21.12.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

I was so proud of buds today as he showed me what a true star he can be. On approaching his kennels he was kind of sad looking curled up on his bed as his friend and kennel mate Nyla was out on her walk. He welcomed me calmly into his kennel though and we were quickly on our way. He did briefly grab a carrier bag on the way out but when asked to he did drop it. Once out of the kennels and on our Buds was very responsive to requests. It is very muddy around the kennels at present and sometimes I had to ask Buds to wait why my mere 2 feet negotiated things. He was a true gentleman and happily obliged, receiving a nice fuss or a piece of sausage in return which he loved. Buds is generally a good walker. He gets a bit pulls occasionally but responds well to being asked to slow down and loves just to have a good sniff and stretch his legs.

Buds does have confidence issues and can be vocal when seeing other dogs. However it was so lovely today to not hear a sound from him when he spotted Hooch, instead he was just eager to say hello. With a little coaxing though we were happily on our way again with nothing but a couple of quick glances over his shoulder.

Buds is finding kennels rather stressful and would love a more active life although he will need peace and quiet to come home to.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Buds was a star on Friday, lovely relaxed walk with Snowy following behind us :D

Buds was enjoying the paddock with Nyla just before his walk and I think it burned some of his energy, he walked like a dream :D
B5C12DC9-A194-4351-BBE1-73F7B844CE8F.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Beautiful Buds walked with Geoff today and with Snowy and me. He was too quick for Geoff and grabbed the top of the poo bin on his way past ( probably didn’t help that I laughed !!!) but he did let go straight away and I put the lid back for Geoff 0002.gif] we all had a lovely walk with Snowy and Buds walking side by side quite often and sniffing the same patch of grass. When we got back Buds made it very plain to Geoff that he wanted to go to the paddock for a cuddle and play, and as Snowy had managed to get herself plastered in mud ( shows so much on a white dog!!) Geoff took him to the paddock whilst I took Snowy to the towel thumbs.gif . I would so like to see this lovely loving dog find his perfect home this year xxxxx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Walking with Buds yesterday love4.gif

I love my Friday walks with this boy, he was so nice and chilled we had a lovely long relaxed walk with Snowy following behind us :D
C1CACE69-F5EC-425D-A5DC-A0A785E4DE39.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

31996372-E8EA-49C5-92C7-99089E9DC66B.jpeg
D6C70D46-92C9-445D-9929-3AD0918CFE1F.jpeg
I took Buds for his Saturday walk which was a bit of an adventure. Buds can be an anxious so we didn’t hang about and got on our way quickly. We headed off down the lane and Buds was soon ready for his daily constitutional. This was where the fu n started as unfortunately some previously eaten grass got stuck and poor buds didn’t know what to do. At the same time he had to contend with honey going past when he really didn’t want to have to move. To his credit, although he was uncomfortable and I could tell a little stressed he focused on me and some sausage and relaxed quickly. Once we finally dealt with the offending grass we then began our walk proper, much to Buds’s excitement as he was a little pully but a quick buds heal soon had him slowing down. After a quick walk we headed to paddock for some fun. Buds enjoyed a nice run about and some lovely fusses. Unfortunately though the tennis balls didn’t fair so well and I think Buds managed to destroy 3 during our paddock encounter 😂.

Poor Buds is a rather mistood boy who is really struggling with the stress of kennels. He would love to have his own human to connect with and when you take him out you can see glimpses of the great boy he could become given a chance. His new home though will need to be understanding and calm and let Buds have time to settle and trust. It once that happens I think this boy will rally begin to shine. I really hope that understanding human is out there to prove to Buds he can be loved.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I so agree with the previous comments xxx Geoff and Buds went for a walk today and poor Buds was quite stressed getting out of the kennels because he and Geoff inadvertently came face to face with Bullseye, who is quite a big boy, on the way out. However once they had managed to get past and get out Buds settled very quickly, and was happy to have Snowy walking with him. Buds is a strong boy but doesn’t really pull on the lead and likes to take his time with lots of sniffs and stops to look around. Buds is such a beautiful boy who is not enjoying his time in Rescue, although he loves his walkers, he really responds to any affection and encouragement, but he is quite stressed by the presence of so many other noisy dogs around him. We would so love this boy to be scooped up by a confident, understanding family, who can see the big softy inside the anxious boy. :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Tony walks Buds every Sunday accompanied by me and a calm dog so Buds can improve his social skills. He likes Snowy (staffie) and is happy for her to join him for a Sunday stroll. Buds found a purple kong as we were leaving the car park and carried it for his whole walk, bless him. He dropped it once to tell another dog off who was telling him off - then promptly picked it back up and strutted off. We passed lots of other dogs, a little bit of pulling from Buds but no silliness what so ever - he wasn’t dropping the kong again!!! Buds is a very affectionate boy and appreciates every good boy and cuddle he can get. You can stop anywhere with Buds, sit down, and he’ll be on your lap, giving your ears and face a clean, in a nano second. Xx.
A4000EE5-2791-4F3B-B298-FD0D20ECB9F8.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and Buds had a lovely relaxed walk today. Buds was lucky enough to be walked yesterday as well, and the benefits for this boy were obvious. Only gentle pulling, some really light hearted rolls in the grass where he enjoyed tummy tickles from Geoff, a much more relaxed Buds. Then they went to the paddock for a play and a cuddle. Buds enjoyed playing with the tennis balls, and loved his cuddles. wink.gif
April111

Post by April111 »

Buds and I had a great walk early this morning. With his trusty Kong in mouth he was great marching off, not always strong pulling but he’s forward going looking for things.
I like Buds, he’s always been friendly to me and looks very sad in kennels, often hunched in the corner of his kennel with Nyla protecting him.
I believe once away from the stress of kennels he’d be a really affectionate boy who’d spend most of his day on the sofa or in his bed.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked Buds today alongside Holly walking Snowy. What can we say about Buds that hasn’t already been said? This beautiful solid brindle boy is quite stressed in kennels and often seems so sad. He craves human affection and today, after a lovely walk with Geoff he was desperate, really desperate, to go to the paddock for 5 minutes for a play and more importantly a cuddle. Because Geoff was supporting Holly on her walks today he didn’t want to keep her waiting, so poor Buds missed out on paddock time. I went to him and gave him a big hug and cuddle, which he reciprocated and walked back with them to his kennel. We have promised him paddock time next week. But what a Buds would really like is his own special human to come and claim him so they can live happily ever after. Xxxx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”