In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Misty Moss (Marge) Staffie x Eng Bulldog DofB 05.10 - 10.08.23

Post by xxlynne »

Marge2.jpg
Marge.jpg
Marge's Story:
Current Status: Homed
Marge was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Marge is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Marge was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

Marge7.JPG
Marge8.JPG
Marge3.jpg
Marge4.jpg
Marge's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
12.7.18: Hi Lynne, I hope all is well with you.
We have a white female Staffie x Marge, from the council. She has been in kennels 5 months. Marge can not live with a another dog She has no health problems. Vx
Marge.jpg
Marge1.jpg
We have offered on Marge
anne

Re: Marge Staffie DofB 05.2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Marge is a wonderful, friendly girl who obviously loves people. Easy peasy slipping on a harness and we were off, exploring the woodland around the kennels. Marge is easy to walk with, she doesn't pull on the lead but ambles along, enjoying your company as well as her walk. Loves her treats and will do a lovely sit, although she will tell you if you are taking too long faffing about getting her treat out of your bag! 0002.gif] Smashing girl. xx
DSCF5194.jpgmarge.jpg
DSCF5196.jpgmarge.jpg
DSCF5198.jpgmarge.jpg
DSCF5200.jpgmarge.jpg
DSCF5203.jpgmarge.jpg
DSCF5206.jpgmarge.jpg
DSCF5210.jpgmarge.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Doesn't she have beautiful eyes love4.gif

I couldn't resist taking a few snaps of Marge yesterday - what a super all round girl, utter gem love4.gif
DSC06346.JPG
DSC06347.JPG
DSC06355.JPG
DSC06343.JPG
DSC06344.JPG
DSC06345.JPG
DSC06350.JPG
DSC06351.JPG
DSC06354.JPG
DSC06356.JPG
Beauty xxx
:welcome.gif: love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Marge is such a lovely, gentle, friendly dog, she is very popular with the walkers. Louise walked with her today accompanied by myself and Tia. The two girls got on really well, very polite and friendly with each other.

KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

It was my first time meeting Marge and what a lovely girl she is. Very easy to harness in her kennel and when we realised the harness wasn't on properly, she took it all in her stride and waited patiently whilst we sorted her harness out and then it was off to meet her walking buddy Glynis.......Marge was happy to take the lead and set off down the lane. She wasn't phased by passing cars and then had a gentle stroll through the woods. She did occasionally look back but was happy to be out and about. A very calm walk in the rain was had by all. Marge is a joy to walk and loves sausages!
xxlynne

Re: Marge Staffie DofB 05.10 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Marge came out for a cat test yesterday see what you think very aware and a bit afronted by Harvey's bold assertions

Froggie757

Re: Marge Staffie DofB 05.10 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by Froggie757 »

Marge spent the day with me yesterday as we travelled round most of the M25 and she was perfect in every way. She jumped into the crate in the boot of the car without being asked twice and the first stop was the vet for her vaccination, perfectly behaved, I don't think she even knew the needle had gone in so focussed was she on the offered treats. She popped straight back into the car while we drove round to Broxbourne to collect another dog for a homing, quick wee break and we were off again to Fleet. Her companion in the crate next door, Kizzy, was giving her a bit of a talking to but there was absolutely no reaction from her. At Fleet another quick wee break and she waited patiently while Kizzy claimed her home, more pottering and then back to Broxbourne for a stay there and a change of scenery for her. She greeted Adam like a long lost friend and trotted off to take up residence. If anyone is looking for a dog who loves car travel then she could well be your girl, and those gorgeous eyes should really seal the deal - beautiful girl love4.gif
Jojo18

Re: Marge Staffie DofB 05.10 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

I met Marge for the first time yesterday and what an excited greeting I got !! Marge was so happy to have a visitor, i got cuddles , licks and she showed me how easy she is to harness as I messed around with straps and leads, Marge stood patiently waiting until it was time to leave .Once she's out of kennels, her tail waggs continuously as she smiles at everyone walking by .She's an easy girl on the lead happily walked past Loki and Buddy with barely a glance in their direction .
We met Bertie who was very happy to see new girl Marge and they walked along side by side like old friends, I forgot they had only just met .
Marge is a delightful girl and has shown how well behaved she is around other dogs, beautiful manners !
Lexi

Re: Marge Staffie DofB 05.10 Guildford Kenns

Post by Lexi »

I met Marge for the first time at the weekend, and took her for a quick sunny walk and a drink in the pub with some friends!

She greeted me happily in the kennels, though she seemed quite tentative and nervous to begin with. In the pub she was very fidgety and trying to get out of the door, and did not want any treats.

Then suddenly everything changed! Marge became a hilarious and excited little pup, covering all of us in kisses and trying to get on our laps - it was like she was overcome with love 💕 She was happily gobbling up treats and greeting strangers.

We then had a roll around and relax outside, where she looked totally blissed out and happy 😇 she walks fairly strongly on her lead, but is more than manageable, and I imagine that in a home she would be very quick to relax into her walks!
4D1EB896-D209-4113-97AB-6E0F0CD83832.jpeg
B8DD194A-1717-4075-88B6-0CE49043A091.jpeg
Get those applications in for little Marge!!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”