Ammie Staffie DofB ?2012 Southampton

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jan Case

Re: Ammie Staffie DofB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked Ammie today as she is back from foster, and agreed with me that she is a lovely girl and very easy to walk. Ammie seems quite happy with the company of other dogs, not bothered at all by the several they met and passed on their walk. She’s does enjoy stopping for a sniff, she’s a sweetie.
theflowerarranger

Re: Ammie Staffie DofB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by theflowerarranger »

I walked Ammie today, she made me laugh as she was cocking her leg like a “bloke”...most importantly she was catching up on the news and sniffing everything in sight. Beautiful eyes and very gentle with treats
aleks

Re: Ammie Staffie DofB ?2012 Guildford Kenns

Post by aleks »

I had a pleasure to walk Ammie today and such a lovely walk we had! thumbs.gif
She is so friendly and positive, easy to harness and walk. angel13.gif] Very relaxed around people and dogs, she was more interested in all smells around us. She loves to roll on the grass, what she did quite a few times and we had a break for a snack and cuddles love4.gif
Ah I am looking forward to our next walk very soon love4.gif

Ammie2.png

Ammie1.png

Ammie.png
Lucym

Post by Lucym »

Ammie and I enjoyed a good walk today. This special girl is clearly happy to be out and about exploring, we also had a few of her signature wiggles on the ground along the way! It does make you smile to see how much she enjoys her walk and getting some fuss. :biggrin.gif:
NatashaB

Post by NatashaB »

Video of Ammie I made a few months back

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6767979 ... 141271431/
Natski212

Post by Natski212 »

I had a lovely walk with the gorgeous Ammie on Saturday. What a special girly! She can be quite strong to begin with but once we settled in to a good pace she trotted along quite happily. She loved her belly rubs and when given a treat took it ever so gently! Hope you find your forever home soon, you deserve it love4.gif
Owellock

Post by Owellock »

A few weekends ago my partner and I had the pleasure of taking sweet Ammie out for the day to Newlands Corner. Ammie was very excited to meet me and my partner and very happily jumped in the car (before we even got the crate door open!) and sang her way to the car park, she waited beautifully for us to get our boots on and open her crate before we disappeared off on our hike! We met several off and on lead dogs and Ammie showed off her manners by waiting to the side for them to pass and even when barked by a very boisterous young dog she didn't make a peep. As we got further in to our walk the weather turned but that didn't phase Ammie who would've been happy doing another 5 miles! We decided us humans were too wet and cold so we finished the day in the Gomshall Mill, a local dog friendly pub and again Ammie won hearts, she waited patiently for us to get our drinks and then sat next to us whilst we chatted. We had young children and adults both come over and ask to stroke her which she loved and happily lapped up the attention she was given! Sadly we had to take Ammie back to kennels but I am already trying to find some time where I can bring her home for some sofa cuddles.

1549896449869886.JPG

1549896449598256.JPG

1549896449238763.JPG
Owellock

Post by Owellock »

The wonderful Ammie came home with me for a short foster break at the start of this week and what a gem she is.
Ammie was a little reluctant with the crate in the car to start with (although she has travelled with us in this crate previously) it soon became apparent Ammie much prefers being up close and forward facing and once we opened up the car she hopped in and made herself at home in the back of the car carefully keeping an eye on my partners driving all the way home. We had a little walk around where we live so she could do her business and then decided to make our way home.

When we arrived home (Ammie hasn’t visited previously) she had a little potter around on the lead before hopping on to the sofa and falling asleep within 10 minutes of being in the house, she was soon snoring away. Lead off and Ammie didn’t move from the sofa for a few hours until it was time for dinner. Ammie has previously been noted as being protective over her food however, with us being mindful with her, we didn’t see any of this behaviour however we were exceptionally careful to give her some space but mind you, I wouldn’t want someone challenging my dinner either! For this reason Ammie would suit a home without children who would be less likely to make her jump or cause her to be concerned her food may be taken away.

Ammie takes treats very nicely and is very gentle, she can give both her paws and wants to please you, she’s a very bright girl and very active still – do not let her age fool you this girl is a big puppy.
Ammie is incredibly well trained, so much so she refused to toilet on our wooden decking so would benefit from someone with a turfed garden where she feels comfortable going to the bathroom. This wasn’t an issue though as she lets you know when she needs to go and a little trip down the road to a grass verge suited her fine. She then slept through the night on the sofa in a separate room to us (her choice, she was allowed on the bed) before waking me up for a wee in the morning and her breakfast of which she gave me her paw for.
1550768428393424.jpeg
1550768428198466.jpeg
We went for an 2.5 hour walk the following day which wore us both out and we spent the rest of the day cuddled up on the sofa. Ammie is a real softie with people and just wants you to love her, she will come and check on you if you’re not in her eye line and wag her tail as if to say “ahh I found you and I love you still”. Ammie was very well mannered when out on our walks and encountered both off lead and on lead dogs, she can be a little selective as to who she likes, I observed that if she is approached calmly then she is fine but she doesn’t like being rushed and will panic to get away – she’s a bit of a scaredy cat basically.
1550768428024700.JPG
1550768427804487.jpeg
For our second night with Ammie she decided she wanted to sleep on our bed with us and slept soundly from 11pm to 7am when I let her out for the toilet and breakfast and we then came back to bed until 9am so she is also happy to fit in with your routine as the day before we were already out walking by 8:45!
1550768427667132.JPG
As you can see from the photographs, Ammie was very loving and a very easy dog to have at home. If I hadn’t had to go back to work she would’ve had a longer stay with us.
Rosiemae173

Post by Rosiemae173 »

My mum and I took little Ammie out today and she was so well behaved. Hopped right into my car and sat quietly the entire way, enjoying the sights the whole time! She was quite happy to lay down on my lap and snack on a few treats (which she took gently as always) once at the woods she hopped out the car and was ready to explore! Having a role around on the floor and sniffing her way round, we past a few dogs and other walkers along the way and she didn’t seem fussed at all. She really values her time out of her kennel and so deserves a loving home. If it wasn’t for the fact that I haven’t got the room for any more dogs I’d have taken her in a heartbeat! Especially which those gorgeous eyes of hers love4.gif
42AF5538-410B-4D13-8804-B3EF15107DF6.jpeg
51272A4B-36B8-4696-85E8-D431CEA41A9C.jpeg
Shay_1

Post by Shay_1 »

AMMIE : angel13.gif] Lovely walk with Amms! she is amazingggg love4.gif :goodjob.gif: Sitting and waiting patiently at curbs and waiting for treats.
Ammie is a beautiful girl, so obedient and wants to please you and be at one with sticks, mud earth and grass.... so adorable when she does her wiggles on the grass....
🌟FUN FACT 🌟Ammie loves sticks... not for a game of fetch.... oh no..... as a chewing game instead. Which she loves. She is amazing on walks, walking nicely and loves sniffing the grass and chomping away at the lovely grass around the water! Really enjoy going on nice walks with Amms, thoroughly enjoy being with this little one!
Always a pleasure to have for a walking partner and she is so affectionate when giving cuddles!! blob6.gif] blob6.gif]
Ammie Forum Pic.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”