Monty Staffie x DofB 27.10.16 Stafford!

Dogs that have found their forever home
Kathys

Re: Monty Staffie x DofB 27.10.16 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by Kathys »

Monty is back at Broxbourne again but without his friend Kenny who was homed recently. Let's hope that it's Monty's turn next. love4.gif
20181117_134540.jpg
20181117_134632.jpg
staffylevi

Re: Monty Staffie x DofB 27.10.16 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by staffylevi »

Gawjus as ever Monty Socks! love4.gif love4.gif
Doin' it for the staffies ...
anne

Re: Monty Staffie x DofB 27.10.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Monty was out and about with his kennel mate, Frankie this morning. Although initially excited to be out, he soon calmed down and for most of the walk was walking with loose lead. Both boys sat nicely, side by side when it was treat time.
DSCF9920.jpgmonty.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Monty visited our vets this evening for his annual booster. He was a little nervous but on the whole did very well in the vets. Travelled well and was delighted to meet Frankie again on return.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I walked Monty yesterday whilst Geoff walked Buds and Anne walked Frankie, because we wanted to give Buds a nice social walk. Buds and Monty indulged in a little barking to begin with whilst Frankie watched them with the equivalent of raised eyebrows, but they settled very quickly and we had a very well behaved walk. Buds was more comfortable walking behind rather than in front and Monty was delghted to take the lead. Monty is a lovely natured boy. Yes he does bark at other dogs sometimes, and yes you will need to keep him on a lead ( as I do with one of mine at home), but he is so easy to walk on the lead it’s no hassle. Monty has shared his kennel with several other dogs during his time in rescue, and he loves people and is very responsive to commands. He’s a smashing boy xxxx
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I had an exciting time harnessing up Monty today! The two little JRTs next door were barking incessantly and winding him up and he managed to chew through his harness whilst I was trying to get it over his head!!! Cue new harness!! We got out eventually and Monty was very happy to get away from all the noise and soon calmed down and enjoyed his walk. We had the company of Frankie and Buds and we also met an off lead dog in the woods, who was very well behaved, his owner less so, which caused a bit more stress for Monty, but we persuaded the rather mouthy man to walk on and we all got going again. Monty is such a lovely boy who gets very anxious around barking dogs, but he settles really quickly with reassurance. He walks very well on the lead, not really pulling, but walking in a determined fashion. He was very interested in the sheep in the field we passed, no barking just a nice perky interest xxxx
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked our lovely Monty today whilst I went for a very slow amble with Glynis. There was no way we were going to keep up, so the boys went off on their own. Monty was looking very smart in his new red harness (!!) and Geoff has discovered the secret to easy harnessing with this boy, give him a chew that will last a couple of minutes and the harness is on before you can blink!! Geoff took Monty on a long walk and it took about 10 minutes for Monty to stop pulling in his excitement to be out on a walk, then they had a lovely stretch of him walking in a loose lead, and then a bit more pulling as they headed back towards the kennels. It is easy to control Monty on the lead though, I am not very big and I have no problems at all. He will bark sometimes at passing dogs, but generally he is quite happy. A lovely boy xxx
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked this lovely boy today. Monty was feeling very energetic and barked enthusiastically at every dog they passed, then having obviously decided he’d done his duty protecting Geoff he sat beautifully for the treats he was offered and gave Geoff several loving looks on their journey around the woods and streets!! It was raining by the time they got back and Monty wasn’t that keen on walking in the rain so made a determined beeline for his kennel, and his kennel mate Frankie, when they got back to the grounds. He loved being rubbed down with a towel, enjoying the bit of pampering. Monty is a lively, lovable boy, who can be a bit shouty with some dogs.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I got to walk Monty today :D
95DCC1F6-A985-4DA6-853E-78AC65B72826.jpeg
Lovely relaxed walk, good boy Monty x
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Monty was his usual enthusiastic self on his walk with Geoff today. He cheerfully returned the insults hurled at him by the other dogs as they watched him walk past with Geoff, and also decided to offer advice to another dog they met on their walk! Monty is a lovely boy who is friendly with some dogs and a bit anxious about others. He is easy to walk, and very responsive to commands. He is a happy little soul with a lot of love to give Xxxxx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”