Summer Staffiex DofB 06.06.2015 Gatwick Area

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Summer Staffiex DofB 06.06.2015 Gatwick Area

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Summer7.JPG
Summer's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a South London council pound. Summer was accepted by another Rescue but when they met her decided she was too big. She went into another Rescue but they decided they couldn't home her for various reasons. We are the 3rd Rescue to offer Summer a place and we will find her just the right family: Summer is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Summer was in boarding kennels near Gatwick and now in foster as an only pet awaiting her family.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £200, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for 'Summer's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Summer10.JPG
Summer14.JPG
Summer08.JPG
Summer's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Urgent plea by a dog warden who had placed Summer and she got to the Rescue and they said no sorry we cant take her; then with a second Rescue they asked her collect 1 week after placing. Obviously a dog warden can only accept strays so she was trying desperately to get Summer another (her 3rd) Rescue place!

Summer came into us on the 3rd November 2017
Sarahk

Re: Summer Staffiex DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Summer is just the best time of year and this Summer is simply the best !!! love4.gif
DSC09802.JPG
DSC09808.JPG
DSC09822.JPG
Quite the stunner is Summer, couldn't choose which pics to post so here's quite a few !!! xxx
DSC09805.JPG
DSC09807.JPG
DSC09810.JPG
DSC09800.JPG
DSC09811.JPG
DSC09813.JPG
DSC09814.JPG
DSC09819.JPG
DSC09820.JPG
DSC09823.JPG
DSC09811 - Copy.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Re: Summer Staffiex DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Summer is a stunner! She has the most gorgeous face. She was a bit overwhelmed passing all the other dogs barking at her on the way out of the kennels but she soon calmed down and walked along nicely, enjoying being out and about. She did start to get a bit excited again when we saw 2 Labradors coming towards us but we changed direction, went the other way and she was calm again. Early days but I am sure she will settle and her lovely friendly nature shines through. Away from the hype of kennels I can see she will be a friendly and gentle companion.
FranB

Re: Summer Staffiex DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Post by FranB »

4D46D3B5-6D97-485F-BBC2-9D21E3DE6D87.jpeg
A40B27F2-E1A8-4D52-84FC-5B83B66B694A.jpeg
8E4890B2-3F72-48A6-9763-BB5EF77778C8.jpeg
C1922503-0335-495C-8C9B-A0DD683A205B.jpeg
I met Summer for the first time today and we went for a run. She was easy to harness and quite strong on the way out of the kennels. At the start of the run she was just so keen to get going but not at all aggressive, just mega enthusiastic. For the first mile she ran with her nose to the ground following every scent she could find and darting about in all directions. I had to be quite on the ball to avoid her tripping me up. Once she settled she was lovely, she is a really beautiful girl and everything seems like new with her. She didn’t know what to do when she first saw the river and shot backwards but with a bit of reassurance, she edged forward and had a little drink and a good look before relaxing. She was easy to engage with and I think will take great confidence from her walkers. We didn’t really meet many dogs close up apart from in the park , she was very keen to try and pull me over towards two off lead dogs but allowed herself to be distracted and only showed interest not aggression. On the way back she decided that treats were of interest after all and demonstrated a very nice sit and even offered her paw to me. love4.gif
nada.c

Re: Summer Staffiex DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Post by nada.c »

I met Summer for the first time on Friday so I was surprised to see she wasn’t a big dog after all (despite another rescue turning her away because she was too big!). Although it was our first meeting, Summer was easy to harness and get going.

My overall impression of her was that Summer just seemed inexperienced with the outside world. On our walk she spent a lot of time sniffing the ground and trying to take everything in around her. She started off strong on the lead but then realised there was a human at the other end of the lead and slowed down, stopping to turn around and engaging with me, wanting to give me her paw and allow me to take photos.

Summer was only mildly interested in the cows but much more interested in other dogs. Again I’m not sure she has much experience with other dogs - she was very excited but not aggressive or fearful. She’ll need some time walking with other dogs to learn better communication skills. The beauty of this sweet girl is with some love, routine and training, she’ll become the gorgeous family dog she was meant to be angel13.gif]
F6BE8A8E-196D-4266-8E8B-F739F2A73AA1.jpeg
B5839D2C-7E67-40C0-BD2C-196E5481C7DB.jpeg
89886295-A2E1-40A5-B3CE-719D5C406A58.jpeg
Jojo18

Re: Summer Staffiex DofB ?2015 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

I've walked Summer a few times recently and she has an air of inexperience about her, looking uncomfortably around, sniffing everything, needing reassurance. I don't think she's had much exposure to different experiences, people and dogs in her short life.

But she's gaining confidence everyday and today she greeted Rolls very well stood still whilst Rolls walked by, was a little unsure when Shadow walked past leaning into my leg for reassurance and a stroke as he's quite a size compared to her, watching him as he left she moved away quietly and confidently. We met Pero who was excited by this stunning girl but Summer calmly waited by the road to pass. She's still a puppy at heart and with daily exposure to vehicles, cyclists other dogs this girl is going to grow into a delightful, loyal, loving adult.
pits

Post by pits »

I met Summer earlier for the first time and took her for a walk. I noticed the same things that Jojo18 said, she seems very youthful still and not so streetwise yet, but loads of potential and I'm sure she'll be improving every day with all these new experiences of new places, people and walks everyday. It was great to meet her. Here's some photos I got:
s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s3.jpg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Summer and I went for a long walk today. She was very strong on the lead for most of our walk, but after about 45 mins she relaxed into herself and walked loosely by my side. We encountered numerous dogs off lead. She barked and pulled towards them with tail and bum wagging, not out of aggression but out of nerves. So we walked behind a border collie for some time so I could show her how another dog can walk calmly by its owner’s side. She seemed to take confidence from watching the other dog. Back at kennels we worked on her focusing on me with treat as a reward to help her connect with her human. She has the most beautiful face and really showed me her affectionate side. Because Summer is a young girl and unsure of herself, she is needing support in building her confidence angel13.gif]
EddieSpreadeagle

Post by EddieSpreadeagle »

Despite today's grey drizzle keeping our dog curled up on the sofa, Summer burst out of kennels eager for a walk today. She's a strong girl and is eager to investigate everything on walks: people, dogs, squirrels, trains, cars and the wind. As she gets used to all the world has to offer she's going to be an absolutely lovely dog.
She's an absolute stunner
She's an absolute stunner
She disapproves of my choice of snacks! Sorry Summer
She disapproves of my choice of snacks! Sorry Summer

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”